At a function in Abu Dhabi , Indian Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi, congratulated famous islamic scholar and peace activist Maulana Wahiduddin Khan, on being bestowed with Sayyidina Imam Al Hassan Ibn Ali peace award.
Mr Modi said Wahiduddin’s deep knowledge and his great efforts towards peace make him the most respected scholars all over the world. Maulana Wahiduddin Khan, 90 years of age now, had authored several books on Islam. In the year 2000,he was given Padma Bhushan award, India’s third highest civilian honor.
ABOUT MAULANA WAHIDUDDIN KHAN
- Maulana wahiduddin Khan, was born in Uttar Pradesh on 1st January 1925.
- He is noted Islamic Scholar and Peace Activist.
- The various books authored by him includes The Prophet Of Peace, The Quran Of New Translation,Words Of Prophet Muhammed.
- Other books like Tazkirul Quran, A Treasury Of Quran,The Quran A New Translation etc
- He graduated from a seminary of Islamic learning and contributed to articles and journals.
- In 1970, he opened an Islamic centre in Delhi.
- The al-risala Urdu magazine was started in 1976.
- English version of the magazine started from February1984 and Hindi version from December 1990.
ABOUT PADMA BHUSHAN AWARD.
- It is India’s 3rd highest civilian award after Bharat Ratna and Padma Vibhushan.
- The award is announced on Republic Day of every year.
- It is conferred by President Of India.
- Padma Bhushan award was first instituted in the year 1954.
- As of Dec 2014, 1229 people have received this award.
In 2013, veteran singer Mrs S.Janaki, rejected this award stating that the honour came to her very late and artistes of Southern India are not honoured. Indian honour system is mainly recognised by Indian Government. The honour system is classified into 5 types namely Leadership, Literature,Civilian,Patriotic and Particular. No cash award is allocated with these awards.