[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam. We hope, our Aspirant & Readers will like our ways !!
Suggestion are welcome
- April 30th – International Jazz Day 2015
- Union Cabinet approved Prevention of Corruption Amendment Bill 2013
- DRDO scientist conferred prestigious RIN fellowship
- World Team Chess Championships – Silver for Harika & Bronze for Humpy
- Raja Rajeswari, first Indian-American woman judge of New York
Delhi government approved farmer compensation scheme named after Gajender Singh
- Government of Delhi gave its approval for setting up of a farmer compensation scheme named after Gajendra Singh. Gajendra Singh is the person who allegedly committed suicide during an AAP (Aam Aadmi Party) rally on 22 April 2015 by hanging himself with a tree.
- The decision on name of the scheme was taken during a Cabinet meet chaired by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. As per reports, the state government will distribute compensation to rain-hit farmers from first week of May 2015.
Govt approves Rs 1,000 min monthly pension in perpetuity.
- Government today decided to continue its Rs 1,000 per minimum monthly pension scheme in perpetuity, a move which would benefit over 20 lakh pensioners under social security scheme run by EPFO.
Union Government extends e-Tourist Visa scheme to 31 more countries
- Union Government has extended e-Tourist Visa scheme to 31 more countries with an effect from 31 May 2015.
- In this regard, Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has issued a notification. With this the total number of countries under the scheme has gone up to 76.
- The 31 countries are: Antigua & Barbuda, Anguilla, Bahamas, Bolivia, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Chile, Cayman Island, Dominic an Republic, Dominica, Estonia, El Salvador, Ecuador, France, Grenada, Georgia, Haiti, Honduras,Vatican, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Latvia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Nicaragua, Montserrat, St.Kitts & Nevis Paraguay, and Seychelles.
Business & Finance
Flipkart acquires mobile marketing firm Appiterate
- E-commerce major Flipkart has acquired Appiterate, a Delhi-based mobile engagement and marketing automation company.
- This is in line with Flipkart’s strategy of mobile-first. Appiterate has helped leading e-commerce companies combine the strengths of mobile apps and big data to allow them to do one-on-one targeting of their users through push notifications and in-app messages.
Science & Tech
ISRO successfully tests indigenous cryogenic engine with four-tonne capacity
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully tested an indigenous cryogenic engine.
- The powerful version of the cryogenic engine was tested successfully at ISRO’s propulsion complex at Mahendragiri in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu. A team headed by Director D Karthikesan had led the testing.
- This engine will allow launch vehicles to carry satellites of up to capacity of four tonnes in geostationary orbit. It will also give boost to India’s interplanetary probes and manned space missions.
World Dance Day observed globally
- World Dance Day or International Dance Day was observed globally on 29 April 2015. It is observed with an aim to attract the attention of the wider public to the art of dance.
Mohammed bin Nayef appointed as Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia by King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud
- Mohammed bin Nayef was appointed as Crown Prince and as Deputy Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia by King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud.
- This appointment relieved Crown Prince Muqrin bin Abdul Aziz from his duties and comes during a major Cabinet reshuffle.
- Prior to this appointment he was Interior Minister of the kingdom. While King’s son, Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was appointed Deputy Crown Prince.
Railways won 5th Senior Men’s National Hockey championship
- Railway Sports Promotion Board has won the 5th Senior Men’s National Hockey Championship 2015.
- In the final match, they defeated Uttar Pradesh Hockey by 5-3 goals which was played at Pune.
- While in this championship, the 3rd Position was secured by Air India Sports Promotion Board who had outplayed Hockey Gangpur-Odisha by 5-3 goals.
ITTF becomes world’s largest sports body
- The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) has become the world’s largest sports body in terms of membership(222).
- The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) is second largest sports body with 220 members.
Veteran Marathi actor Bimba Modak passes away
- Eminent Marathi film and stage actress, Shanta alias Bimba Modak of yesteryear passed away on 28 April 2015 in Pune. She was 97.
- Modak, had entered into the film industry during the time when it was considered as taboo for women to work in cinema.
Oscar-winning cinematographer Andrew Lesnie passed away
- Oscar-winning Hollywood cinematographer Andrew Lesnie has passed away at the age of 59.
- Lesnie gained fame from his work in movies namely ‘Lord of the Rings’, ‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes’ and ‘I Am Legend’ among others.
Louie Louie’ singer Jack Ely dies at 71
- Jack Ely, lead singer of band The Kingsmen, which was best known for 1960s hit ‘Louie Louie’, has died aged 71.