Sathish Reddy, scientist, at Defense Research and Development Organisation or DRDO, has been bestowed with the prestigious Royal Institute of Navigation[RIN] , for his outstanding contributions in the field of inertial and satellite based navigation and avionic technologies.
To honour with this fellowship, Mr Sathish Reddy has been invited by the RIL governing council for the annual meet scheduled on July 15th at London .
- Mr Sathish Reddy becomes the first and the only one to be elected from India.
- As a navigation Avionics expert having vast knowledge and experience, Mr Reddy has led the development of Avionic technologies in the areas of navigation, embedded computers simulations etc.
- He developed Redundant Navigation Systems for long duration missions, navigating Agni 5 Indian ICBM class long range missile over more than 5000kms.
- DRDO sources said Mr Sathish Reddy has led many strategic and tactical aerospace assignments.
- Today the aerospace industry base of the country is strengthened to meet the production of state-of-the- art systems.
- It is an agency of Republic of India.
- It was formed in the year 1958 with the purpose of development of technology for use by the military.
- DRDO’s head quarters is in New Delhi, India.
- It forms India’s largest research organisation.
ABOUT DR. SATHISH REDDY
- Dr Sathish Reddy was born in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh.
- He got his BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering from JNTU Anantapur, AP.
- He further got his MS and Doctorate from JNTU Hyderabad.
- He has nearly 3 decades of experience in navigation and avionics fields.
- They are electronic systems used in aircraft, artificial satellites etc.
- Avionic systems include communication,navigation, display and management of multiple systems.