[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam. We hope, our Aspirant & Readers will like our ways !!
Suggestion are welcome
- The New CPM General Secretary: Sitaram Yechury
- India Today Group chairman Aroon Purie named Editor of the Year
- Time Magazine released list of 100 most influential people in world
IAS, IPS officers need government nod before accepting gifts of over Rs 5,000
- IAS and IPS officers will now need to take prior permission from the Union government before accepting gifts, including free transportation, boarding and lodging, worth more than Rs 5,000.
- According to the recently amended all-India services rules, they also need to inform the government if they accept gifts of over Rs 25,000 from their relatives or friends.
- No member of the service shall accept any gift without the sanction of the government if the value of the same exceeds Rs 5,000.
Congress launches website to counter Govt over land bill
- Congress today launched a “Zameen Wapsi” website on the eve of its farmers’ rally which is expected to see the first major attack on the government.
‘Mary Kom’ wins best film at Stockholm International Film Fest (SIFFJ)
- Mary Kom film won the Best Film award and has been endowed with the Bronze Horse Award in Stockholm, Sweden.
Business & Finance
RBI snaps up $49.2 bn in April-Feb, highest in 7 years
- To reduce rupee volatility on account of higher inflows and increase forex reserves to cushion any external shock, the Reserve Bank bought the highest amount of dollars, after a gap of seven years, at $49.2 billion in April-February of the past fiscal.
- The central bank net purchased the currency from the spot market in April 2014-February 2015, according to the central bank data, which comes with a lag of two months.
- The Reserve Bank had bought USD 115.9 billion from the market during the period while it sold USD 66.7 billion, according to the RBI data.
India 5th biggest generator of e-waste in 2014
- India is the fifth biggest producer of e-waste in the world, discarding 1.7 million tonnes (Mt) of electronic and electrical equipment in 2014, a UN report has said warning that the volume of global e-waste is likely to rise sharply by 21 per cent in next three years.
- The ‘Global E-Waste Monitor 2014’, compiled by UN’s think tank United Nations University (UNU), said at 32 per cent, the US and China produced the most e-waste overall in 2014.
- India came in fifth, behind the US, China, Japan and Germany.
SC appoints CBI SP Vivek Priyadarshi as head of team probing IPL scandal
- Supreme Court has appointed Vivek Priyadarshi to head an investigating team to further probe the Indian Premier League (IPL) season 6 spot-fixing and betting scandals.
- Decision in this regard was taken by a SC bench comprising Justices T S Thakur and F M I Kalifulla. The bench took this decision on the recommendation of a three member panel headed by former Chief Justice of India (CJI) RM Lodha which was appointed in January 2015.
Actor Ben Powers dies at 64
- Actor Ben Powers, known for his role on the classic sitcom “Good Times”, has passed away aged 64.
Actor Jonathan Crombie dies at 48
- Actor Jonathan Crombie, best known for his role of Gilbert Blythe in “Anne of Green Gables” TV movies, has died of a brain hemorrhage. He was 48.