The Indian-Chapter of International-Advertising-Association has interesting news; India Today Group chairman Aroon Poorie named Editor of the Year. The award was bestowed upon him by Mr. Jayant Sinha, Union State-Minister for Finance on Saturday, in Mumbai.
The award is given annually for excellent contributions in advertising, marketing, and media related activities. International Advertising Association (IAA) is the lone organization in the world, involved in global-integrated advertising-trading. Its members come from the world of advertising and media-world. It is categorized into 56-chapters and Media-owners from 76-nations.
Others who received the awards included
- Arundhati-Bhattacharya , SBI-Chair-person :- CEO of the year
- Uday-Shankar, Star-Media :- Game-Changer of the year
- B. Sriram, S.B.I:- banking-Marketer of the year
- Sanjay-Tripathi , H.D.F.C-Life:- Insurance
Mr. Sinha praised the awardees at the award ceremony. He sited the contributions of these people were very vital to the Indian economy and social life; keeping in mind the emotional-nature of Indian-Consumers.
About Aroon Poorie
- Founder-publisher and Chief-Editor, India today & CEO of India-today Group
- He is associated with Thomson-Press as Managing-Director and TV-Today as Managing-Director
- He is also the Chief-Editor of reader’s-Digest- India
- He has been awarded with Padma-Bhushan for his contribution to the field of Indian-Journalism. Besides he has won many other awards including
- B.D. Goenka-Award:- Excellent works in Journalism , 1988
- Journalist of year, 1990
- G.K Reddy-Memorial-award:- Excellent contribution to Journalism field, 1993-94
- Hall-of-Fame, from Advertising-Club-of-Kolkata , 2002
- NT-Award:– Life-Time Achievement, 2008 and many more