As per the Global Property Consultancy Jones Lang LaSalle’s (JLL) latest Asia-Pacific City Investment Intensity Index, Bengaluru was among the top-20 destinations globally.
- New Delhi was ranked at 34th and Mumbai at 42nd
- This index from JLL determines the real estate market liquidity and acts as a barometer of a city’s overall attractiveness to investors in the last three years.
Top 20 Cities by Investment Intensity Index
|18||Ho Chi Minh City||Vietnam|
- The Index recommended investors to continue to seek core business park or office investments in Bengaluru.
Investment Areas in Silicon Valley of India
Despite being a smaller city than the political and financial capitals of India, it has attracted a lot of investment in comparison of its size.
- Foreign investors showed interest in leased office assets like IT parks and IT-SEZs.
- Many firms have invested over Rs 100 crore at the Electronic City in Bengaluru.
- The residential and commercial markets in Bengaluru were more vibrant and mature than any other Indian city.
Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul, Sydney and Hong Kong are amongst the top 5 leading destinations from Asia-Pacific region based on the “Direct Real Estate Investment Volumes” in the 3 year period.
- JLL had earlier this year listed Bengaluru among the top-20 technology-rich cities globally.
- Chairman and country head at JLL India – Anuj Puri
- Nick names of Bengaluru – Electronic City of India, Silicon Valley of India, Science city of India, Garden City of India, IT Capital of India, Space City