The Andhra Pradesh Finance Minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu presented Rs 1,56,999 crore budget for the financial year 2017-18 in the Legislative Assembly on March 15, 2017.The proposed budget for 2017-18 is about 15.70 percent more than the budget for 2016-17.
- The major share of the fund has been allocated towards education, rural development, and assistance to unemployed youth. Besides, state has also included gender budget this year.
- The objective of the gender budget is to save women and girls from discrimination and neglect in matters of development, progress, security and human rights.
- The budget has abolished the plan and non-plan components and allocation has been made under the revenue expenditure and capital expenditure heads.
Important Highlights of the Budget
- Revenue expenditure: Rs 1.25 lakh crore
- Capital expenditure: Rs 31,087 crore
- State’s revenue deficit in 2017-18: Rs 416 crore (0.05 per cent of Gross State Domestic Product)
- Fiscal deficit: Rs 23,054 crore (3.0 percent of GSDP)
- Under Vision 2029, the state is targeting a growth rate of 12 percent every year.
- General Education: Rs 20,384 crore
- Technical Education: Rs 765 crore
- Assistance for Unemployed Youth: Rs 500 crore
- Rural Development: Rs 19,565 crore
- Irrigation and flood control: Rs 12,770 crore
- Agriculture and allied sectors: Rs 9,090 crore
- Welfare Sector (Brahmin, Disabled): Rs 11,361 crore
- Health Sector: Rs 7,020 crore
- Forest Department: Rs 383 crore
- IT and Electronice: Rs 382 crore
- Small and medium scale industries: Rs 125 crore
- Women Empowerment: Rs 400 crore
- Funds allocated for Andhra Pradesh pollution control board: Rs 4,183 crore
- Pensions: Rs 4376 crore
- Development of Village Roads: Rs 260 crore
Allocations in Schemes & Projects
- Skill Development scheme: Rs 398 crores.
- Safe drinking water project NTR Sujala Sravanthi: Rs 100 crore.
- NTR Vaidya Seva: Rs 1,000 crore.
- Anna canteens: Rs 100 crore.
- Free LPG connection for poor: Rs 350 crore.
- Ambedkar Smritivanam in Amaravati: Rs 97 crore.
- Agriculture loan waiver Rs 3600 crore, SHG loan investment: Rs 1,600 crore
- Ambedkar memorial Park in capital Amaravati: Rs 92 crore.
- Power subsidy for poor increased from 50 to 75 units
- Development of the new state capital, Amaravati: Rs 1,061 crore