Union Minister Piyush Goyal, Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI), inaugurated the 41st edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi, Delhi, on November 14, 2022.
- The theme of the IITF 2022 is “Vocal for Local, Local to Global” and was held from November 14 – 27, 2022.
- It was organized by the India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO), a division of MoCI.
The 14-day mega-event took on added significance as it coincided with the “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” celebrations.
India International Trade Fair (IITF) (41st edition) – 2022
i.The partner states of IITF 2022 are Bihar, Jharkhand, and Maharashtra, whereas the focus states are Uttar Pradesh and Kerala.
ii.IITF 2022 featured exhibitors from 29 States/Union Territories (UTs), with Leh (Ladakh) participating for the first time this year.
iii.The 41st IITF also featured foreign exhibitors from 12 countries, including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Belarus, Iran, Nepal, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and the United Kingdom (UK).
iv.The MSME Pavilion witnessed the highest percentage of women-led enterprises (74%).
41st IITF 2022: MoH&FW wins award for Outstanding Contribution towards Public Communication and Outreach
At the 41st India International Trade Fair in 2022, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW) pavilion was awarded for its “Outstanding Contribution Towards Public Communication and Outreach.”
- The theme for the Health Pavilion was “Heal in India, Heal by India.”
The Health Pavilion highlighted numerous MoH&FW initiatives, schemes, and accomplishments, including the recently launched PM TB-Mukt Bharat Abhiyan, National Universal Immunization Programme (UIP), and Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY).
- It was inaugurated by Dr. V. K. Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India).
41st IITF 2022: Afghanistan Won Gold Medal in Foreign Sector
Afghanistan was presented with the ‘Gold Medal’ in the ‘Foreign Sector’ at the 41st India International Trade Fair in 2022.
- In the foreign sector, Thailand was granted a ‘Silver Medal’, Turkiye was awarded a ‘Bronze Medal’, and Baharain was given a special appreciation certificate.
41st IITF 2022: Medal Winners under different Categories
Medal Winners under The State & UT Category
i.Kerala was awarded a Gold Medal for the best pavilion in the ‘State and Union Territory’ category at the 41st edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2022.
- The Kerala pavilion celebrated the distinctive architecture of Kerala and was based on the dhow created by skilled artisans in Beypore, Kozhikode, Kerala.
- Jinan C. B. designed the Kerala pavilion, which is based on the fair’s theme, “Vocal for Local, Local to Global.”
ii.Bihar was awarded a Silver Medal for the best pavilion in the ‘State and Union Territory’ category.
iii. Madhya Pradesh (MP) received a Bronze Medal for its special presentation, and Special Appreciation Certificates were also conferred to Odisha.
Medal Winners under the Ministries and Departments, PSUs, PSB, and Commodity Boards category,
- The Income Tax Department, and Central Board of Direct Taxes won the Gold Medal,
- Coir Board received the Silver Medal respectively, and
- the Ministry of Railways won the Bronze Medal.
- Special Appreciation Certificates were received by the Ministry of Ayush.
Medal Winners under the Private Sector,
- Indian Products Pvt. Ltd. won the Gold Medal,
- Marvel Limited received the Silver Medal and RDM care (India) Pvt. Ltd. bagged the Bronze Medal, and
- Special Appreciation Certificates were received by Had Marketing Solutions Pvt. Ltd., and Shyam Tilpatti Udyog.
- The Partner States Bihar, Jharkhand, and Maharashtra won the Gold Medal, and in the category of Focus States, Kerala and Uttar Pradesh won the Gold medal.
- This year Special Appreciation was also given in the category “Public Communication and Outreach” to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
Recent Related News:
According to the most recent data (as of October 2022) available with the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI), Russia has moved from 25th place in 2021 to become India’s seventh-largest trading partner. The United States (US) emerged as India’s biggest trading partner from April – August of FY23, with a trade volume of USD 57,632.37 million.
About the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI):
Union Minister – Piyush Goyal (Rajya Sabha – Maharashtra)
Ministers of State (MoS) – Anupriya Patel; Som Parkash