On the recommendation of Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), headed by Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das, Government has cleared 16 foreign investment proposals amounting to Rs 4,722 crore.
- Govt rejected 8 proposals including Cipla Health and Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited.
Proposals cleared by Cabinet
- The Board cleared proposal of HDFC Capital Advisors Limited which alone entails investments of Rs 2,400 crore for issue of units to Green Light.
- Ageon Religare Life Insurance‘s proposal worth Rs 559.96 crore was cleared by raising the foreign shareholding from 26% to 49%.
- Sun Pharma Research Advanced Company‘s proposal worth Rs 250 crore.
- Synergia Life Sciences got approval of Rs 40 crore.
- Aditya Birla Nuvo‘s also approved by Rs 377 crore plans.
FDI limits in various Sectors of India
Sectors with 100% FDI limits
|Courier services||Drugs and pharmaceuticals|
|Electricity||Films and studios|
|Hotel and tourism||Housing and real estate|
|Mining (mining of gold and silver)||Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC)|
|Railways||Road, Highways, Ports and Harbours|
|Tourism||Special Economic Zone (SEZ)|
Sectors with 74% FDI limits
|Coal and lignite||Credit information companies|
|Direct to home (DTH)||Mining (Diamonds & precious stones)|
|Satellites||Private sector banking|
Sectors with 49% FDI limits
Sectors with 26% FDI limits
|Print media (Newspaper – 26% )|
(Scientific & periodicals – 100% )
Sectors with 20% FDI limits
Public Sector Banks