Uttar Pradesh has claimed the most favoured investment destination of PPP Projects, as it took top spot with the highest share of about 15 per cent in PPP projects across India, followed by Maharashtra and Gujarat, According to the Assocham-SREI
- The study named PPP Investment in Indian Infrastructure: Need for growth and development has suggested to the government the setting up of an independent institution for overall co-ordination and management of PPP projects in the country.
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India with infrastructure conglomerate SREI has carried out this study.
- The Same Insitutions carried out the survey this January emphasizes in India about 65 PPP projects with investments worth over Rs 77,000 crore have been terminated.
The Top Destinations
|State||PPP Share %||Rank|
- Top Ease of Doing Business top destination Gujarat has the highest share of 15.5 per cent in infrastructure projects that are under operation on the public-private partnership (PPP) model and is followed by UP and Maharashtra (13 % Share), Tamil Nadu and Karnataka (almost 8 % each).
- About 1,200 projects in different sectors of the infrastructure arena with investments worth about Rs 7 lakh crore are being carried out in the PPP mode throughout Indiareleased in the findings.