- Union Government extended the interest subvention scheme (ISS) on JULY 21,2015.
- PUBLIC SECTOR BANK, PRIVATE SECTOR BANK, COMMERCIAL BANKS, RURAL REGIONAL BANKS, COOPERATIVE BANKS and NABARD were covered by the Union Government to extend this interest subvention scheme.
- This scheme ensures availability of crop loans upto Rupees 3 Lakhs at the rate of 7 percent per annum.
- Additional interests subventions of 3 percent per annum were given to those farmers who repay on time were approved by the cabinet.
- The agriculture credit in 2014-15 was Rs 8,00,000. It has been raised to Rs 8,50,000 for 2015-16.
- The Union Cabinet also decided to provide interest subvention to small and marginal farmers with KISAN CREDIT CARDS for loans against negotiable warehouse receipts post-harvest at the rate of 7 percent per annum interest in 6 months.
- The farmers who are affected by natural calamities, where the interest subvention of 2 percent will continue to be available to banks were covered in this interest subvention scheme.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
error: Alert: Content is protected !!