The Government of India has appointed Sindhushree Khullar as the first CEO of the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog. She was the former Planning Commission Secretary . Prime Minister Modi appointed economist Arvind Panagariya as NITI Aayog’s Vice-Chairman. The Chairman post is hold by the Prime Minister himself.
Mrs Khullar is a retired IAS officer ans she has been appointed on contract basis for a period of one year from January 1.
The other members appointed by Prime Minister Modi in NITI Aayog include,
- Economist Bibek Debroy.
- Former DRDO Chief V K Saraswat.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu.
- Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh.
- Union Roads and National Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Zubin Irani.
- Union Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot .