Reliance Industries Limited has become the India’s largest company in terms of asset with the asset worth Rs. 3.68 Lakh Crore. This offer is given by corporate Affairs Minister, Arun Jaitely by a written reply to Rajya sabha. The list is based on data from 4,15,886 companies which had filed their balance sheets for the year 2013-14 till November 30, 2014.
“The total value of all the assets of the 4,15,886 companies amounts to Rs.117.08 lakh crore and the share of top ten companies in the total value of assets was 15.3 per cent on March 31, 2014,” Mr Jaitley said.
Below are the name of the top 10 companies
- Reliance Industries Limited – Rs. 3.68 Lakh Crore
- Indian Oil Corp – Rs. 2.52 lakh crore
- Housing Development Finance Corp – Rs. 2.25 lakh crore
- Power Finance Corp – Rs 1.94 lakh crore
- National Thermal Power Corporation – Rs. 1.80 lakh crore
- Rural Electrification Corp – Rs. 1.53 lakh crore
- Power Grid Corp – Rs. 1.40 lakh crore
- Life Insurance Corporation Housing Finance – Rs. 95,777 crore
- Steel Authority of India – Rs. 91,962 crore
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limted – Rs. 89,333 crore
- In the list of top 10 Corporates in terms of assets, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and Housing Development Finance Corp (HDFC) are the only two firms from the private sector.