Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually addressed the CoWIN Global Conclave 2021. Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the event. The Global Conclave was jointly organized by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and National Health Authority (NHA).
- Health and Technology experts across the world participated in the event.
- The conclave was attended by India’s Foreign Secretary H V Shringla, Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan, and CEO of National Health Authority (NHA), Dr RS Sharma.
Key Points from the address
i.India is set to offer CoWIN (COVID-19 Vaccine Intelligence Work) as a digital public good to the world to combat COVID-19. For this purpose, an open-source version of the vaccine registration platform will be shared by India for free.
- Around 50 countries, including Canada, Mexico, Nigeria, Panama and Uganda, have expressed interest in adopting the CoWIN platform, to run vaccination drives in their countries. The software can be customized according to each country’s needs.
- CoWIN (COVID-19 Vaccine Intelligence Work) Platform was developed by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) for the purpose of registration, appointment and monitoring of the vaccination process against COVID-19.
- To date, India has administered 350 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines using the CoWIN platform.
ii.Aarogya Setu, an COVID-19 tracking & tracking app developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) has already been made open source by the Government of India.
iii.The Prime Minister while highlighting the importance of Vaccination stated that Digital approach will help in tracking the usage of vaccination and minimizing wastage.
Recent Related News:
February 12, 2021, India integrated Aarogya Setu & Co-WIN portal to enable Users to download Vaccination certificates after they have received at least one dose of COVID-19 Vaccination.
About National Health Authority (NHA)
NHA is the successor of the National Health Agency, which has been functioning as a registered society since 23rd May, 2018. It was reconstituted on 2nd January 2019.
CEO – R S Sharma
Headquarters – New Delhi