India has integrated its COVID-19 Tracing App ‘Aarogya Setu’ & COVID-19 Vaccine Registration platform ‘Co-WIN portal (COVID Vaccine Intelligence Network)’. The integration will enable Users to download Vaccination certificates after they have received at least one dose of COVID-19 Vaccination.
i.With the Integration, users can now access the CoWIN portal on Aaroga Setu app through a dedicated section.
- The Portal has 3 sections at present namely – Vaccine Information, Vaccination Certificate and Vaccination Dashboard.
Aarogya Setu App:
i.It was launched by the Government of India on April 2, 2020 to track and trace COVID-19 hotspots, providing an indication to local authorities about the spread of the virus & contact tracing.
- The app uses Bluetooth & GPS (Global Positioning System) to trace COVID-19 infections.
- It was developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) along with partnership of Private companies.
ii.Key Features of the App
- Automatic Contact Tracing using Bluetooth
- Self-Assessment test based on ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) guidelines
- Geo-location based COVID-19 statistics
- List of ICMR approved Labs with COVID-19 testing facilities
- Nationwide COVID-19 statistics & updates, advisory related to COVID-19.
iii.Classification using colour on the App:
‘Aarogya Setu app’ uses Four colours – Green, Yellow, Orange and Red on the Home screen of a user to signify the risk of infection
- Green – Safe or at Low Risk
- Yellow – signifies moderate rate of infection
- Orange – denotes high risk of infection
- Red – signifies that the user has tested positive for COVID-19
CoWIN App & Portal:
In December 2020, Government of India had announced the launch of CoWIN app and Portal through which the general public can register themselves for COVID-19 Vaccine.
i.It was developed by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) with support from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), India Office.
ii.It has 5 modules – Administrator, registration, vaccination, beneficiary acknowledgement and report.
iii.At Present, the CoWIN app is not open to the public as it is being used by Government Officials for monitoring the vaccination drive of frontline and healthcare workers.
Recent Related News:
i.December 9, 2020, MoHFW has developed ‘Co-WIN’ – A Digital Platform & Mobile Application for real-time monitoring of COVID-19 vaccine delivery and recording data.
ii.On 4th May 2020, Aarogya Setu Mitr launched in a new private-public partnership (PPP) initiative will be available in the Aarogaya Setu app offering consultation regarding COVID-19 from the Tata group, Tech Mahindra and Swasth, a collaboration of other related entities.
About Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY):
Union Minister – Ravi Shankar Prasad (Lok Sabha MP, Constituency – Patna Sahib, Bihar)
Minister of State – Sanjay Dhotre (Lok Sabha MP, Constituency – Akola, Maharashtra)
About Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW):
Union Minister – Harsh Vardhan (Lok Sabha MP, Constituency – Chandni Chowk, Delhi)
Minister of State – Ashwini Kumar Choubey (Lok Sabha MP, Constituency – Buxar, Bihar)