Welcome to the Professional Knowledge Section in Affairscloud.com. Here we are providing sample questions in Operating System. It will be useful for the IBPS SO IT officer and SBI Assistant Manager(System). We have also included some important questions that are repeatedly asked in previous exams.
- …… holds the address of the next instruction to be executed?
(B) Stack Pointer
(C) Status Register
(D) Program Counter(D) Program Counter
- Which of the following condition leads to deadlock?
(A) Hold and Wait
(D) None of the above(A) Hold and Wait
- Which type of scheduler is used in batch systems?
(A) Medium Term Scheduler
(B) Short Term Scheduler
(C) Long Term Scheduler
(D) None of the above(C) Long Term Scheduler
- Message queuing is managed by?
(D) None of the above(B) Kernel
- Interrupt latency should be…… for Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)?
(D) None of the above(A) minimal
- In DOS, MD command is used to….
(A) display message on screen
(B) create new files
(C) create new folders
(D) None of the above(C) create new folders
- Which of the following is the delay that occur during the playback of a stream is called?
(B) playback delay
(c) stream delay
(D) None of the above(A) jitter
- The high paging activity is called………
(D) None of the above(C) Thrashing
- Which is not a valid state of a thread?
(D) None of the above(C) parsing
- The …… register is read by the host to get input
(A) data out
(B) data in
(C) flow out
(D) None of the above(B) data in