Welcome to the Professional Knowledge Section in Affairscloud.com. Here we are providing sample questions in Operating System. It will be useful for the IBPS SO IT officer and SBI Assistant Manager(System). We have also included some important questions that are repeatedly asked in previous exams.
Download DBMS Q&A PDF for IT Officers
- Which of the following scheduling algorithms provide minimum average waiting time?
(A) Round Robin (RR)
(B) First come First Serve (FCFS)
(C) Shortest Job First Scheduling
(D) None of the above(C) Shortest Job First Scheduling
- Medium term scheduler is based on
(A) Scroll in, Scroll out
(B) Fetch in, Fetch out
(C) Swap in, Swap out
(D) None of the above(C) Swap in, Swap out
- A computer is restarted by restart button or by pressing the Combination of (Ctrl+Alt+Del). This type of booting is called
(A) Cold Booting
(B) Warm Booting
(C) Both (A) and (B)
(D) None of the above(B) Warm Booting
- Which of the following is a type of Semaphores?
(A) Binary Semaphore
(B) Counting Semaphore
(C) Both(A) & (B)
(D) None of the above(C) Both(A) & (B)
- ……. are required to complete a critical task within a guaranteed amount of time.
(A) Real Time Operating Systems
(B) Multi Tasking Operating Systems
(C) Distributed Operating Systems
(D) None of the above(A) Real Time Operating Systems
- Long Term Scheduler is a……
(A) CPU scheduler
(B) process swapping scheduler
(C) job scheduler
(D) None of the above(C) job scheduler
- …… is a way of processing data serially.
(D) All of the above(A) spooling
- Which of the following is true for the algorithms for memory allocation?
(A) First Fit
(B) Best Fit
(C) Worst Fit
(D) All of the above(D) All of the above
- Which type of scheduler typically uses a FIFO or Priority queue?
(A) Short Term Scheduler
(B) Medium Term Scheduler
(C) Long Term Scheduler
(D) All of the above(A) Short Term Scheduler
- Which of the following is a solution to fragmentation problem?
(D) All of the above(C) Paging