Here we are providing you the detailed syllabus & exam pattern for the OICL AO Recruitment 2017.
OICL AO Exam Pattern:
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1-hour duration consisting of 3 sections as follows:
Candidates have to qualify in each test by securing passing marks to be decided by the Company. The adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Company (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
Phase – II: Main Examination
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 30 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
(i) Objective Test: The Objective Test of 2 hours duration consists of 4 sections (Generalists) and 5 sections (Specialists) for total 200 marks.
Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 30 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing-10marks & Essay-20 marks). The descriptive test will be in English and will be conducted through on-line mode.
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score for each section of objective test separately for short listing for the Descriptive test evaluation/Interview. Descriptive answer script would be evaluated only in respect of those candidates who qualify the objective test and also score high. Depending on the number of vacancies available, cut offs will be decided for Descriptive paper evaluation.
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum total score (to be decided by the Company according to the number of vacancies) in the objective test (main examination) and qualify in the descriptive test for shortlisting for the Interview.
A candidate shall be required to qualify in the descriptive test, but the marks in the descriptive test will not be counted towards short listing for interviews or final selection.
Phase – III: Interview
Candidates who have been shortlisted at the end of Phase-II will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Company, up to three times the number of vacancies of respective stream/category.
Interview will be conducted at select centres. The weightage (ratio) of online Examination and Interview will be 80:20 respectively
OICL AO – Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
The topics to be covered in this section are
- Data Interpretation [ Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Table, Line Graph, Radar Chart, Mixed Graph]
- Number Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Quadratic Equations
- Miscellaneous- Time and Work, Partnership, Profit and Loss, Mensuration, Time, Distance and Speed –Trains, Boats n Streams, Simple and Compound interest, Mixture and Alligation, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Averages, Age, Problems based on Numbers.
The topics to be covered for Reasoning Ability are
- Puzzles – Seating Arrangement(North – South, Circular, Rectangle, Square), Based on Floors, Hierarchy, Boxes, Months etc.,
- Machine Input/Output
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
- Logical Reasoning
- Coding Decoding
- Statement and Assumptions/Conclusions
- Analytical Reasoning
The topics to be covered in this section are
- Reading comprehension including Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence rearrangement or Para jumbles
- Sentence Correction/ Error Finding
- Spell Checks
- Cloze Test
The syllabus for this section remains vast
The topics included are
- Banking/Financial/ Insurance terms
- Current Affairs – covers every current news including related to banking industry, latest appointments, obituaries, awards and honors, books and authors, new schemes of central and state governments, sports, etc.
- Static GK – topics like headquarters of financial organizations , Country-capital, country-currency, constituencies of ministers, dance forms, nuclear and thermal power stations, Superlatives of World and India, First in India & World, Places with surname, Palaces, International Lines/Boundaries, Important Monuments of India & World, Rivers, Parliament names of different countries, Important Temples, National Parks,Airports, Wildlife Sanctuary, Stadium, Important Days,memorial place / crematorium, etc.,
- Click Here To Read Banking Awareness Questions
- Click Here To Read Daily Current Affairs
- Click Here To Download Current Affairs 2017 Pocket PDF
- Click Here To Take Current Affairs Mock Tests – Month wise
- Click Here To Download Static GK Capsule
- Click Here To Download Banking Awareness Capsule
- Click Here To Buy Banking & Economy Questions 2016 PDF – (Aug-Dec31)
- Click Here To Buy Banking & Economy Questions 2017 PDF – (Jan-Jul31)
It includes one Essay writing and Reading Comprehension.
Write a letter to your friend explaining her/him about the the benefits of Insurance Policies
Write a letter to the bank manager to share an innovative idea on File management system in banks
Write a letter to the newspaper editor on how to stop crime in city
Write a letter to your old teacher to thank him/her for making you a good human being
Pros and cons of ‘one rank one pension’ scheme
Over-dependence on monsoon for farmers
Ethical problems of e-commerce
Essay on effects of increasing FDI
Increasing Insurance penetration in India
SBI PO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
- Letter to editor – increase in selfies among youth
- Letter to parents – new job in new city and problems faced there
- Principal to Parents – Importance of parents in children education.
- Essay on effect of Pokemon Go
- Importance of History of nation.
- Essay on positive effects of Hike in salary of an employee
UIICL AO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
Essay Writing & Letter writing Questions:
- Difference between Life Insurance and General Insurance, explain the types of Fire Insurance
- SWOT Analysis of Insurance sector in India
- Importance about term Insurance policies
- Letter related to damage Insurance claim
- Write a letter to transfer your policy from Pune to Madurai.
- Essay related to ” Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation”
- Essay related to “Insurance awareness” in Rural India
- Essay related to Benefits of “Child Insurance”
- Letter related to damage insurance claim
- Write a letter to a friend about the benefits of health insurance policies.
BOB PO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
Letter to the News Editor – Air pollution due to festivals
Letter to Police commissioner – Cyber Crime Awareness Campaign
Privacy about Film stars & Politicians
“Paid news” Is an Ethical in Journalism
Indian Bank PO 2017: Descriptive Questions
Advantages & Disadvantages of National Pension Scheme
Digitization in Banking
SBI PO 2017: Descriptive Test
- Letter to editor your concern over impact of irrelevant news through social media
- Letter based on thank you note to an author of his book on depression.
- Letter to Bank Manager regarding non-credit of cash in your account
- Essay based on Technology is power, Travelling etc.
- Essay based on Eco-system
- Essay based on which is better reading books/watching documentary films/traveling
- Click Here To View Descriptive Test Questions
- Important Essay & Letter Writing topics for UIICL AO 2016
- Descriptive Writing: Expected Essay topics for SBI PO 2016
- Descriptive Writing: Expected letter writing topics for SBI PO 2016