On July 1, 2017, Novak Djokovic won his second ATP World Tour title of the season by beating Gael Monfils at the Aegon International in Eastbourne in Men’s Singles category.
- Novak Djokovic defeated Gael Monfils by 6-3, 6-4 in 76 minutes. This is Djokovic’s first title since January 2017 when he beat World No. 1 Andy Murrayto start the 2017 ATP World Tour season at the Qatar ExxonMobil Open.
- In women’s singles category, World No.3 Karolina Pliskova clinched her third title of 2017 after beating Caroline Wozniacki. Karolina Pliskova defeated Caroline Wozniacki by 6-4, 6-4 in an hour and 22 minutes. With this victory, Pliskova becomes the first Czech to triumph at Eastbourne since Jana Novotna in 1998.
- In Men’s doubles, top seeds Bob Bryanand Mike Bryan won against Rohan Bopanna and Andre Sa in the final. The win gives the Bryan brothers a staggering 113th ATP World Tour doubles title and their first of the season.
- In Women’s doubles, Martina Hingis and Chan Yung-Jan won the finals against Australian pair Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua. This was Hingis and Chan’s fifth title of 2017 as a pair and for Hingis it was 60th WTA doubles prize.
Winners of Eastbourne Aegon Championship:
|Men’s Singles||Novak Djokovic (Serbia)||Gaen Monfils (France)|
|Women’s Singles||Karolína Plíšková (Czech Republic)||Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark)|
|Men’s Doubles||Bob Bryan (US) & Mike Bryan (US)||Rohan Bopanna (India) & Andre Sa (Brazil)|
|Women’s Doubles||Chan Yung-jan (Taipei) & Martina Hingis (Switzerland)||Ashleigh Barty (Australia) & Casey Dellacqua (Australia)|
About Eastbourne Aegon Championship:
Eastbourne Internationalis a tennis tournament held annually since 1974 at the Devonshire Park Lawn Tennis Club, Eastbourne, United Kingdom.
- The tournament is played on outdoor grass courts, and is generally considered a warm-up for the WimbledonGrand Slam event, which begins the following week.
- It is currently sponsored by AEGON.