Indian Team Chased down Bangladesh’s 120/5 in 13.5 overs to win the Asia Cup for the sixth time, the match took place was a miracle , given the amount of rain that lashed Dhaka 90 minutes before start of play.
- In a rain bound game the Bangladesh posted decent 120/5 in 15 overs, SabbirRahman and Mahmudullah accumulated thirties with some exceptional batting from Mahmudullah at the end.
- From the men in blue Shikhar and Kohli cemented the innings also quick fire from the skipper helped India to achieve the target in 13.5 overs.
- India win the crucial toss and have elected to field first in rain-curtailed contest. Jadeja, Ashwin andNehra back to the playing side.
- This is the second time that Bangladesh team reaching final of the Asia Cup. India Winning the Trophy for the sixth time in history.
Player of the Tournament: Sabbir Rahman (Bangladesh)
Man of the Match: Shikhar Dhawan (India)
Road to the Final:
- Asia Cup is men’s one day internationals & T20 Internationals cricket tournament established in 1983.
- It is originally scheduled to be held every two years. The tournament played in Round- robin style.
- This is the first in the history the tournament is played in T20 format, this in line for the preparation to the nations participating in the mega event ICC T20 World Cup to be played here.
- India being the most successful side in the Asia cup, this would be the first title under T20 format.