The Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank launched a mobile payments wallet for Android phones called Pockets, which integrates a digital wallet, a physical prepaid card and a basic savings bank account.
This e-Wallet Pockets can be topped up with money from any bank account for making phone-based payments. The bank has announced that the wallet will be introduced for iOS and Windows Phone devices soon.
The app can be installed with basic personal details like name, mobile number and email ID and funded by any existing debit/credit card or bank account. There is no know your customer documentation required if the transactions per month are below ten thousand rupees. Customers with non-ICICI Bank accounts will be charged NEFT transaction fees.
Knowledge is Wealth
- ICICI Bank was established in 1994 and its Headquarters is Mumbai.
- Chairman of ICICI – K V Kamath. MD & CEO – Ms Chanda Kochar
- iWish – a flexible RD product launched by ICICI Bank for its savings account customers.
- ICICI bank is the second largest bank in India in terms of assets and market capitalization.
- ICICI Bank was the first Indian bank to list on the New York Stock Exchange