Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Banking Awareness Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important questions which are common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Fino PayTech has appointed _________ to head the technology vertical.
A. Mr. Alok Gupta
B. Avijit Saha
C. Sandeep Bakhshi
D. Bharat BhanushaliD. Bharat Bhanushali
Explanation:Fino PayTech, part-owned by country’s biggest private lender ICICI received the licence for starting payments bank in August this year, along with 10 others.
- Which company launched an electronic wallet called MoboMoney?
A. FINO PayTech
B. Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd.
C. National Securities Depository Ltd.
D. Tech MahindraD. Tech Mahindra
Explanation:It is the country’s first contact-less wallet which works both at online as well as at brick and mortar stores and is a prepaid wallet, issued in the form of an NFC (Near-Field Communication) Contactless Tag, which can be used to pay on a network of NFC enabled Merchant POS or through an NFC enabled mobile phone. There is an option to refill the wallet through the bank account or credit/debit card and also link it to a bank account to retrieve the unspent amount from the wallet into the linked bank account.
- Yes Bank has appointed _________ as the Chief Operating Officer & Senior Group President.
A. Neeraj Dhawan
B. Padhmanabhan Kumar
C. Rajan Pental
D. None of theseB. Padhmanabhan Kumar
Explanation:Padhmanabhan Kumar will be responsible for Banking operations across Retail Banking, Wholesale Banking, Treasury, Transaction Banking and Credit Cards. P.Kumar has earlier worked with HDFC Bank and Sutherland Global and will be reporting directly to Rana Kapoor.
- Which bank has opened a new wholly owned subsidiary in India which will provide technology-related services to the banking group?
B. Standard Chartered Bank
C. DBS Bank
D. BNP ParibasC. DBS Bank
Explanation:DBS Bank(Development Bank of Singapore), Singapore’s largest lender by assets has opened a new wholly owned subsidiary in India called DBS Asia Hub 2 Pvt Ltd was established in Hyderabad on with an initial capital of Rs 70.5 crore.
- Which bank appointed Parthasarathi Mukherjee as new managing director and chief executive officer?
A. Lakshmi Vilas Bank
B. Dhanlakshmi Bank
C. ING Vysya Bank
D. Catholic Syrian BankA. Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Explanation:The South India-based Lakshmi Vilas Bank has appointed Parthasarathi Mukherjee as new managing director and chief executive officer who had worked with State Bank of India for 12 years.
- Which bank has partnered with a digital security company, e-Mudhra to facilitate digital signature facility to its customers?
A. ICICI Bank
B. HDFC Bank
C. Axis Bank
D. Yes BankC. Axis Bank
Explanation:The new service will facilitate an Aadhaar holder to digitally sign a document within seconds. The government had launched “e-sign” services early this year as part of its digital India campaign. ‘eSign’ will help bank customers to get a digital signature certificate; sign documents, application forms and submit these digitally signed documents to the bank in a secure online manner, at the click of a button.
- Which bank topped in agricultural and other priority sector lending in Andhra Pradesh?
A. Andhra Bank
D. None of theseA. Andhra Bank
Explanation:According to the report of State Level Bankers Committee (SLBC), by the end of the first half of this financial year, Andhra Bank provided Rs 1,793.24 crore advances for the agricultural sector with a total share of 21.66 per cent. The State Bank of India (SBI) provided Rs 918.76 crore loans to the agricultural sector with a share of 11.10 per cent.
- Which firm has signed an MoU with State Bank of India for providing finance facility to farmers against warehouse receipts of their produce?
D. None of theseB. NCML
Explanation:The tie-up with SBI will help farmers to have maximum reach with the bank to avail short-term finance against the warehouse receipts.
*National Collateral Management Services Ltd (NCML) MD & CEO: Sanjay Kaul
- Mumbai Police and ________ jointly launched a cybercrime awareness campaign.
A. Yes Bank
D. None of theseB. SBI
Explanation:With an increasing number of netizens falling prey to cybercrimes, Mumbai Police and the country’s largest lender State Bank of India today jointly launched a cybercrime awareness campaign.
- IDFC Bank has appointed ________ as an independent director on the bank’s board, subject to Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and shareholder approval.
A. Rajiv Lall
B. Ranjan Kumar
C. Vikran Limaye
D. Rajan AnandanD. Rajan Anandan
Explanation:Anandan is vice president and managing director of Google in South East Asia and India. He will be the ninth director on IDFC’s bank’s board.
*Rajiv Lall, MD & CEO, IDFC Bank