Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Current Banking Awareness Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important questions which are common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which bank has organised a training programme for women in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand to provide sustainable livelihoods to affected families after 2013 floods?
D. EXIMD. EXIM
Explanation:Post the devastating floods at the temple town in Kedarnath in June 2013, Exim Bank organised a training programme with a view of providing sustainable livelihoods and women empowerment to the affected families in the region of Dewali-Bhanigram village in Rudraprayag.
- Union Bank of India tied up with which state for over-the-counter (OTC) collection of taxes and receipts?
A. Madhya Pradesh
D. KeralaC. Maharashtra
Explanation:The facility of collecting taxes and dues will be provided at all of 500 branches across the state. It will give tax payers the convenience of payment at the branch through their account or by cash with online generation of challans and real time updation of records through GRAS.
*Union Bank of India Chairman and Managing Director Arun Tiwari
- Which Bank has launched its own banking service that will enable customers to recharge their mobile phones by making a missed call?
A. Federal Bank
B. ICICI Bank
D. Andhra BankA. Federal Bank
Explanation:This service has also been introduced to help the flood-affected residents of Chennai. The beneficiary can be either the account holder themselves or any other person. Customers can recharge up to Rs.500 per day, per account. This facility is not limited to any particular telecom service provider, any Federal Bank customer can register for the service and the beneficiary could be anyone with a valid prepaid connection irrespective of the service provider.
- Which non-bank lender has received regulatory approvals to set up a housing finance company?
A. Shriram Transport Finance
B. M & M Financials
C. Bajaj Finance
D. Muthoot FinanceC. Bajaj Finance
Explanation:The housing finance company licence will strengthen its competitive position by giving additional avenues of borrowings, lower risk weights for certain class of loan and allow easier legal repossession.
*Bajaj Finance(HQ Pune) Company MD Rajiv Jain
- Deutsche Bank has named _________ a former Goldman Sachs executive as its head of corporate and investment banking for the Asia Pacific region.
A. James Turdo
B. James McTurdo
C. James McMurdo
D. James GoslingC. James McMurdo
Explanation:James McMurdo is the current CEO of the German lender in Australia and New Zealand. He will report to Jeff Urwin, global head of corporate and investment banking at Deutsche Bank and also to Asia Pacific CEO Gunit Chadha.
- FCI, nodal agency for procurement and distribution of foodgrains has raised Rs 30,000 crore as a short-term loan from 15 consortiums of banks including ______________ to meet working capital requirements.
A. SBI & PNB
B. SBI & HDFC
C. Canara Bank & PNB
D. None of theseA. SBI & PNB
Explanation:The state run FCI is facing a liquidity crunch as its subsidy arrears are estimated to cross Rs 58,000 crore by March 2016 against Rs 50,000 crore at the start of this fiscal. The loan has been raised at average interest rate of 9.6% and is for the period of 150 days
- Which bank has launched Go digital nationwide campaign?
D. HDFCD. HDFC
Explanation:HDFC Bank has initiated the countrywide crusade to position itself as a premier digital bank by benefitting customers with bank’s latest technological products and offerings. CAMPAIGN NAME – Har Zaroorat Poori Ho Chutki Mein, Bank Aapki Mutthi Mein CAMPAIGN THEME – Digital banking is enabling customer convenience as never before. Earlier HDFC launched a payment solution PayZapp, 10 second personal loan disbursal, HDFC application in Apple iWatch.
*HDFC-Mumbai headquartered bank & tagline “We Understand Your World” MD – Aditya Puri
- SEBI has ordered attachment of bank and demat accounts of ______________ its promoters and directors, to recover dues worth over Rs 17 crore.
A. Riddisiddhi Bullions
B. Sunplant Forgings
C. Swaran Financial
D. Apna Pariwar AgroB. Sunplant Forgings
Explanation:The company and its promoters and directors — Abhinandan Kumar Singh, Sumanta Singh, Neeraj Pathak and Arup Kumar De — had been barred from the securities markets for four years and this ban would continue till the completion of refund to investors. As the firm failed to comply with the earlier directive, the regulator initiated attachment and recovery proceedings.
- World Bank approves ________ loan to Pakistan for energy sector reform in the country reeling under frequent power cuts.
A. $100 million
B. $500 million
C. $300 million
D. $400 millionB. $500 million
Explanation:WB’s approval will also pave the way for the sanctioning of a $400 million loan by the Asian Development Bank(ADB) and a $50 million grant by Japan.
- Which General Insurance gets IRDAI nod to commence business as an insurance company?
A. Kotak General Insurance
B. New India Assurance Company Limited
C. ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd.
D. Cholamandalam General Insurance Co. Ltd.A. Kotak General Insurance
Explanation:With the addition of general insurance business, Kotak Mahindra Group with existing presence across banking, wealth management, life insurance, broking, mutual funds and alternate asset management .