Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
Bala Tripura Sundari Devi Temple renovated under India-Nepal Economic programme inaugurated
- Indian Ambassador to Nepal, Ranjit Rae inaugurated the newly renovated Bala Tripura Sundari Devi Temple at Tripurakot located on the bank of glacial river Thuli Bheri in Dolpa district of Nepal.
- With the help of 33.3 million Nepali rupees financial support from the Indian government the temple was constructed.
- Shree Bala Tripura Sundari Devi Temple has a great socio-cultural relevance in the life of the people of the Dolpa district and is a historic structure said to be more than 900 years old.
- The temple has been renovated with improved facilities for 20000 pilgrims visiting the temple every year.
China, Pakistan launch joint ‘Shaheen (Eagle) – 4’ Air Drill
- Chinese and Pakistani forces on Sunday launched a joint air drill, named ‘Shaheen (Eagle)-4’. It is fourth edition of air exercise between the air forces of both countries which was launched as part of a series of military exchange programmes between two countries.
- In this edition of exercise, Chinese contingent was represented by fighter jets, fighter bombers and early warning planes. Pakistani counterpart included fighter jets and early warning planes.
- The first such drill was held in Pakistan in March 2011, the second in China’s western Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region in September 2013, and the third was held in Punjab, Pakistan, in May last year.
Japan reopens radiation-hit town Naraha after four years
- Naraha is the first town to allow people to return permanently, following several years of decontamination work.
- The Fukushima Daiichi plant suffered a series of meltdowns following a massive earthquake and tsunami.
- After the disaster, over seven thousand residents of Naraha moved out.
- The town, about 20km south of the nuclear plant, is seen as a test case for the return of evacuated residents.
- Some 100,000 people in the area are still unable to return to their homes.
- Authorities in Naraha are issuing people with devices to check radiation levels and have been rebuilding local services, including shops and clinics.
India announces USD 500,000 assistance to Jordan
- India today announced a cash assistance of USD 500,000 to Jordan to meet the enormous impact of Syrian refugee crisis.
- “India contributes USD 0.5 mn to Jordanian government to alleviate financial burden on account of Syrian refugees,” Indian Ambassador to Jordan Anil Trigunayat, who met Minister of Planning & International Cooperation for Jordan Imad Fakhoury.
Snapdeal to invest USD 100-mn in Shopo
- E-commerce major Snapdeal will invest USD 100 million (about Rs 665 crore) in Shopo as it looks to build up the recently launched venture into a one million seller-strong platform.
- Shopo was launched in July and is a zero commission mobile marketplace targeting small and medium businesses which combines chat and commerce on smartphones.
- Snapdeal claims that it does not take any fees and allows SMBs to list their products in a single step
- Sellers would be able to chat with their prospective customers and sell them products, taking into consideration the mode of transaction and delivery method. They would also be able to provide information, negotiate a price and arrange for pickup while closing transactions.
Appointments & Resigns
Ashok Kumar appointed OSD to MoS PMO
- Ashok Kumar was today appointed as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to Minister of State for Prime Minister’s Office Jitendra Singh.
- Kumar, a Central Secretariat Service (CSS) officer, has been appointed for a period up to March 31, 2016, i.E. The date of his superannuation, an order issued by Department of Personnel and Training.
- He is presently working as Director in the DoPT.
Lewis Hamilton wins 2015 Italian Grand Prix of Formula One
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain won 2015 Italian Grand Prix of Formula One. It was his seventh victory of the season. In season 2015 Lewis Hamilton has won Australian Grand Prix and later won Chinese Grand Prix, Bahrain Grand Prix, Canadian Grand Prix, British Grand Prix and Belgian Grand Prix
Latest ranking after British Grand Prix 2015:-
- 1st position: Lewis Hamilton (Britain) of Mercedes
- 2nd position: Sebastian Vettel (Germany) of Ferrari
- 3rd position: Felipe Massa (Brazil) of Williams
- 4th position: Valtteri Bottas (Finland) of Williams
- 5th position: Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) of Williams
Ruthvika, Lakshya win Junior International Badminton Championship
- India’s Ruthvika Shivani Gadde and Lakshya Sen have won the Women’s and Men’s singles titles respectively at the Sushant Chipalkatti Memorial India Junior International Badminton Championship.
- Ruthvika defeated Thailand’s Supamart Mingchua and Lakshya beat compatriot Chirag Sen.
- In men’s doubles, Indian pair of Krishna Prasad Garaga and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy beat Thailand’s Warit Sarapat and Panachai Worasaktyanan 21-15 21-17 to win the crown.
Joshna Chinappa Clinches Indian Squash Circuit Title
- National champion Joshna Chinappa clinched the women’s title in the USD 15,000 NSCI Open JSW Indian Squash Circuit 2015 after upstaging Egyptian top seed Habiba Mohammad in straight games in the final.
- Joshna, ranked 24th in the world currently, defeated Habiba 11-8, 11-9, 11-6 in a tough title-clash, which lasted 47 minutes.
Books & Authors
To the Brink and Back: India’s 1991 Story: Jairam Ramesh
- The book titled To the Brink and Back: India’s 1991 Story was in news in the first week of September 2015. It was written by former Union Environment and Forest Minister (Independent Charge) Jairam Ramesh.
- The book deals with fast-paced changes in the economic sector introduced by the duo P V Narasimha Rao and Manmohan Singh in 1991.