World’s 20 largest economies including India recognised the need to incorporate women-leaders in global economic growth and in this regard launched W20 to push gender inclusiveness-global economic growth.
- 1st Summit of W20 (i.e Group of 20 women leaders from G20 nations) will be hosted next month in Istanbul,Turkey , after all the member countries completes appointing their nominees for W20.
- Gulden Turktan,the 1st president of W20 asked all the countries of G20 to nominate their members for w20 on this event.
List of G20 Nations (Group of 20 major economies):
- European Union
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- South Africa
- the United Kingdom
- the United States
The Event-launch was addressed by:
- Christine Lagarde,Managing Director IMF
- Angel Gurria,Secretary-General of OECD(Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development)
- Lakshmi Puri, Assistant Secretary-General for Intergovernmental Support and Strategic Partnerships at the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women.
- Arancha Gonzalez,Executive Director of International Trade Center
Statements of officials in this regard:
- On this event,Ahmet Davutoglu,PM of Turkey said that By the smile of women, prosperity of a nation can be understood and it is prominent to empower them in economic growth.
- Gulden Turktan,the 1st president of W20 said that, it would work as an outreach group and seek to promote gender inclusiveness in economic growth process by empowering women.
- Lakshmi Puri, Deputy Executive Director of UN Women said that the government leaders comprising ministers can also be the part of this group.
- Venue of this event: Ankara, Capital of Turkey
- Host: Ahmet Davutoglu, Prime Minister of Turkey