Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
**Blue Heading are Detailed News, Click the News to Read More**
Union Government declares whole of Nagaland as ‘disturbed area’
- The Union home ministry has declared whole of Nagaland as a disturbed area for a further period of one year from June 30, 2015.
- This declaration under Section 3 of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 will give the armed forces powers to search, raid and arrest without a warrant. Also, it would allow use of force by the Army personnel even to the extent of causing death, against one who puts law and order in a ‘disturbed’ area, in peril.
MakeMyTrip, RBL Bank, IRCTC in Fortune India Next 500 list
- MakeMyTrip, RBL Bank, Inox wind and IRCTC are among the firms that have made it to the Fortune Next 500 list of Indian companies.
- Redington India, iPhone distributor, has topped the list.
- The companies featuring in the Next 500 list are mostly mid-sized and are capable of breaking into the Fortune India 500, the magazine noted.
Fortune India 500
It is a ranking of the top 500 corporations in India compiled on the basis of latest sales and gross revenue figures which is published by Fortune Magazine.
- IMF ‘ready to assist Greece if requested’
- Russian cosmonaut Gennady Padalka entered Guinness World Records for spending 804 days on ISS
- India, Russia sign MoU for funding of hydro-generation projects
- UNESCO names 24 New World Heritage Sites
India in talks with Russia to lease new modern, world-class nuclear attack submarine
- India is in final talks with Russia to lease a newly built, customised submarine, unlike in the past when older vessels were refurbished and handed over.
- This will give a much needed boost to India’s depleting underwater fleet.
- Talks are in advanced stages for leasing a new submarine under the ‘Chakra 3’ project.
- India has Chakra 2 nuclear submarine which was refurbished and taken on lease for 10 years from Russia in 2012.
Practo Technologies acquires Genii
- Bengaluru based healthcare company Practo has acquired Mumbai based Genii Technologies, a technology services startup.
- Practo has an app and web service for scheduling appointments with doctors. It lists over 8,000 hospitals on its platform aims to reach to 20,000 hospitals by the end of this year.
- Previously Practo has acquired FithoWellness, a web and app-based fitness management platform, in April 2015.
- Genii Technology is a services start-up focused on product design and development. It was founded in 2011 and has launched 30 products across multiple domains including retail, finance, real estate, travel and events over the last three years.
Indian women’s cricket team winning agains New Zealand series
- Indian women’s cricket team defeated New Zealand by 9 wickets and clinched the ODI series by 3-2.
- Batting first New Zealand collapsed for 118 in 41 overs. In reply India achieved the target in 27.2 overs.
- BCCI has announced a cash reward of Rs 21 Lakhs for the team.
Books & Authors
India Central Asia Relations authored by Amiya Chandra
- Book titled India Central Asia Relations: The Economic Dimension authored by Amiya Chandra came in news in second week of July 2015.
- It came in news during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to central Asian countries, namely Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan.