Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
**Blue Heading are Detailed News, Click the News to Read More**
- Cabinet approves Rs 8,548 Cr power project
- Government sanctions Rs 700 cr additional fund for Regional Rural Banks capitalization
Varanasi chosen as ‘city of music’ by UNESCO
- Varanasi has joined the list of UNESCO “Cities of Music” under the Creative Cities Network.
- It has been chosen in the music category under UNESCO’s field of excellence plan.
- The fields of excellence are classified into categories of literature, film, music, craft and folk art, design, media arts and gastronomy.
About Creative Cities Network
The UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN) was created in 2004 to promote cooperation with and among cities that have identified creativity as a strategic factor for sustainable urban development.
Nine cities under UNESCO Cities of Music are:
Glasgow in the UK, Hanover and Mannheim in Germany, Ghent in Belgium, Hamamatsu in Japan, Brazzaville in the Republic of Congo, Bogota in Columbia, Seville in Spain and Bologna in Italy.
FM Arun Jaitley launches HRIDAY for 12 cities in Amritsar
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley choose Amritsar to launch the “National Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana ” ( HRIDAY)for 12 cities in the country.
- The National Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) is a scheme of Ministry of Urban Development.
- The aim is to preserve and revitalise soul of the heritage city to reflect the city’s unique character by encouraging aesthetically appealing, accessible, informative & secured environment.
- The Scheme with an outlay of Rs 500 Crores is being implemented in 12 identified Cities namely, Ajmer, Amaravati, Amritsar, Badami, Dwarka, Gaya, Kanchipuram, Mathura, Puri, Varanasi, Velankanni and Warangal.
Union Agriculture Minister launched PGS-India, Soil Health Card and FQCS Web Portals
Union Agriculture Minister, Radha Mohan Singh has launched 3 web portals namely, Soil Health Card portal, Fertiliser Quality Control System portal and Participatory Guarantee System.
Soil Health Card portal
It has been developed for registration of soil samples, recording test results of soil samples and generation of Soil Health Card (SHC) along with fertilizer recommendations to create a national database on soil health for future use in research.
Participatory Guarantee System portal
It will help small and marginal farmers engaged in organic farming to secure certification after checks for compliance to standards are carried out.
Fertiliser Quality Control System portal
It will compare results of drawn samples of imported fertilisers helping both consumers and importers with analysis reports.
Home Ministry gives nod to Huawei to set up unit in Tamil Nadu
- The Home Ministry has given nod to the Chinese telecom giant Huawei to set up a manufacturing unit in Tamil Nadu.
- But the catch is that Huawei will have to appoint Indians in key posts like chief of technical operations and chief security officer.
- At a cost of Rs 25 crore, Huawei wants to set up a unit for electronics and telecom hardware and support services, including trading and logistics activities, at the Special Economic Zone, Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu.
Remnants of India’s one of the oldest port discovered in Goa
- Scientists have discovered remnants of a historically important port on Goa’s Zuari river which is expected to be one of the oldest port and may be contemporary to Dwarka in Gujarat.
- The discovered dockyard is similar in structure to Lothal dockyard which is 4500 years old and was discovered by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) in Gujarat in 1954.
- The old port is expected to be existed between 1,000 and 3,500 AD.
Four Indian scientists receive William Harvey Award 2015
- Four Indian scientists from the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, have jointly been awarded the prestigious William Harvey Award for 2015.
- Hasan Arif, Kafeel Akhtar, Shagufta Qadri and Suhailur Rahman are the recipients of the prestigious award in the field of Hematology.
- They have been awarded for their work in Hemoglobin C disease (Hb C) which is predominant in West African and Mediterranean countries
About William Harvey Award
- The award is named after scientist William Harvey (1578- 1657).
- He developed the first accurate account of how the heart and circulatory system operated.
- It is given by the American Society of Hypertension
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Churachandpur of Manipur won 18th National Youth Parliament Competition
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Churachandpur (Manipur) has won the 18th Youth Parliament Competition for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
About National Youth Parliament Competition
- National Youth Parliament Competition for school children is organised by Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
- The aim of the competition is to inculcate the spirit of self-discipline, tolerance of diverse opinion, righteous expression of views and other virtues of a democratic way of life.
- It covers 1200 schools in NCT of Delhi, 1200 Kendriya Vidyalayas, 600 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalays and 300 Universities/Colleges all over the country.
Banking & Finance