Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The Biography of Bollywood Actor titled “Anything but Khamosh” was launched in Nepal. Name the actor?
D.Amitabh BachchanAnswer – A.Shatrughan Sinha
The biography of Bollywood actor and politician Shatrughan Sinha titled ‘Anything but Khamosh’ was launched in Nepal. Vice President of Nepal, Nanda Kishor Pun was the chief guest at the function.
- SachinKheda passed away at a private hospital Faridabad being treated by two doctors. He belonged to which field?
D.SportsAnswer – B.Journalism
Television journalist Sachin Kheda died at a private hospital in Faridabad. He was being treated by DrAmit Miglani and he was replaced by another doctor who diagnosed Sachin with chikungunya.
- Who has become the first woman cricketer from India to be awarded an honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)?
D.Anjum ChopraAnswer – D.Anjum Chopra
Anjum Chopra becomes the first woman cricketer from India to be awarded an honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC). Anjum Chopra is an Indian Women Cricketer. She was born in New Delhi. A sports girl from the start, the first time she stepped on to the ground was at the age of 9.
- Scientific Researchers have identified a new species of extinct reptiles that lived 212 million years ago in which country?
D.United StatesAnswer – D.United States
Scientific Researchers have identified a new species of extinct reptiles that lived 212 million years ago in US. The fossils of the reptile named Vivaronhaydeni was found in Ghost Ranch of New Mexico during an excavation in 2009, co-led by Sterling Nesbitt, who was at University of Texas at Austin in the US during the research.
- Which state has been awarded with the cleanest state in the country as per condition of sanitation in rural areas of 26 states?
D.GujaratAnswer – C.Sikkim
Sikkim has been awarded the cleanest state in the list depend on the condition of sanitation in rural areas of 26 states in which Prime Minister NarendraModi’s home state Gujarat is ranked 14th and Jharkhand comes last.
- Which of the following states have ratified Goods and Service Tax bill on 8th September 2016 to simplify the taxation by implementing single tax rates across the country?
A.Manipur and Meghalaya
B.New Delhi and Arunachal Pradesh
C.Madhya Pradesh and Arunachal Pradesh
D.Arunachal Pradesh and MeghalayaAnswer – D.Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya
Pema Khandu lead Arunachal Pradesh government become 20th states to ratifies the GST(Goods and Service Tax) Bill on 8th September 2016 to simplify the taxation by implementing single tax rates across the country. Meghalaya Assembly headed by Mukul Sangma passed the GST(Goods and Service Tax) Bill on 9th September 2016. It is the third Congress-ruled state after Himachal Pradesh and Arunachal Pradesh to ratify the GST Bill.
- Which state government signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Singapore Government for developing a smart integrated township in Jathiadevi near Shimla Airport?
D.Andhra PradeshAnswer – C.Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh government signed a preliminary Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Singapore government for developing a smart integrated township in Jathiadevi near Shimla airport.
- Which Chief Minister has initiated service to 6,000 villages of dedicated 2 mbps download and 512 kbps upload digital connectivity?
D.NagalandAnswer – C.Gujarat
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has dedicated 2 mbps download and 512 kbps upload digital connectivity to 6,000 villages. The state government’s ultimate goal is to serve all 18,000 villages through an optical fiber network and it is noted that 20 kbps speed has jumped to 2,000 kbps in 6 thousand villages.
- Which country holds 14th ASEAN India Summit and the 11th East Asia Summit with the Invitation of Country’s Prime Minister?
D.LaosAnswer – D.Laos
14th ASEAN-India Summit and the 11th East Asia Summit held in Vientiane, Laos People’s Democratic Republic with the invitation of H.E. Mr. ThonglounSisoulith, Prime Minister of Lao PDR. The Summits was attended by Heads of State/Government of the 10 ASEAN and 18 East Asia Summit Participating Countries respectively. In the margins, Prime Minister will also hold bilateral meetings with several leaders.
- Reserve Bank of India has allowed how many percent in Crompton Greaves Consumer Electrical Ltd for Foreign Investors to buy?
D.90%Answer – C.100%
Reserve Bank has allowed foreign investors to buy up to 100 per cent in Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd. Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs)/Registered Foreign Portfolios Investors (RFPIs) can now invest up to 100 per cent of the paid up capital of Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited under the Portfolio Investment Scheme (PIS).
- Which leading private sector non-life insurer has implemented weather based Crop Insurance Scheme in Assam, Uttarakhand and Madhya Pradesh?
D.MetlifeAnswer – B.HDFC Ergo
HDFC ERGO, a leading Private sector non-life insurer has implemented Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS) in Assam, Uttarakhand and Madhya Pradesh. The company has been allotted clusters in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Goa for implementation of the PradhanMantriFasalBimaYojana (PMFBY).
- Which Indian Based women has ranked in Fortune 51 Powerful Women Rankings recently released by Fortune?
D.Arundhati BhattacharyaAnswer – B.Indira Nooyi
Fortune has released its Fortune 51 Most Powerful Women Rankings. PepsiCo CEO and chairman Indra Nooyi is the only Indian-origin woman in Fortune’s 51 Most Powerful Women list that is topped by Mary Barra, CEO and chairman of General Motors. The list comprises of 22 CEOs of major companies and many more corner office contenders in all industries. Nine newcomers and one return. Over $1.1 trillion in market capitalization.
- Who has been appointed as Prime Minister of Kazakhstan by the President Nursultan Nazarbayev on September 9th 2016?
D.Bakytzhan SagintaevAnswer – D.Bakytzhan Sagintaev
Bakytzhan Sagintaev appointed as Prime minister of Kazakhstan by Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev on September 9,2016. Currently he is working as Masimov’s first deputy. He is appointed as the First Deputy Prime minister – the Minister of Regional Development of Kazakhstan in 2013. He is awarded the order Kurmet and anniversary medals.
- Which state has become the first state in the country to launch the ambitious “Twitter Seva” project?
D.Uttar PradeshAnswer – D.Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh became the first state in the country to launch the ambitious “Twitter Seva” project, when in one go 122 Twitter handles were unveiled in the state capital. Aim: To “provide the UP police, among other things, strengthening of its primary relationship with the citizens by providing fast, efficient and real time response to complaints and SoS’s raised by the 220 plus million population in the state.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Defence Minister ManoharParrikar commissioned the 105 metre vessel ICGS Sarathi into the force in which country?
D.GoaAnswer – D.Goa
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Defence Minister ManoharParrikar commissioned the 105 metre vessel ICGS Sarathi into the force in Goa. The vessel, which would be commissioned in the presence of Coast Guard Director General Rajendra Singh, is the third vessel of the Sarathi Class vessels being designed and built indigenously by Vasco-based Goa Shipyard Limited.
- Which space agency set to launch of its first ever mission to collect dust from an asteroid that may have delivered life-giving materials to Earth billions of years ago?
D.ISROAnswer – C.NASA
NASA set to launch of its first ever mission to collect dust from an asteroid that may have delivered life-giving materials to Earth billions of years ago. This $800 million solar-powered spacecraft mission will travel for two years on a journey to Bennu, a near-Earth asteroid about the size of a small mountain.