AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 8 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs September 8 2018
- Where was the 6th International Geriatric Orthopaedic Conference held which is Inaugurated on 7th September 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On September 7,2018, the Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 6th International Geriatric Orthopaedic Society of India Conference at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. The theme of the conference is: “Increased Longevity with Reduced Fragility and Enhanced Mobility”. This was organized by Geriatric Orthopaedic Society of India. He acknowledged Ayushman Bharat scheme and announced that the Government will establish around 1,50,000 Wellness Centres and Sub Centres across the country.
- Pollution by particulate emission from commuting in which city is the highest among 14 major cities of India, as per a study by Centre for Science and Environment (CSE)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Delhi
On September 8, 2018, the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) in its study reported that the pollution by particulate emission from commuting in Delhi is highest among 14 major cities in the country. The study was discussed on the first day of an international conclave on Towards Clean and Low Carbon Mobility. Particulate emission in Delhi is three times that of Mumbai.
- Name the fund which was formed to aid families of paramilitary personnel who died fighting extremists, that has now been formalised into a registered trust and has been exempted from the income tax under 80(G)?
1) Jai Jawan
2) Bharat Ke Veer
3) Salute India
4) Save Martyrs
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bharat Ke Veer
On September 8, 2018, Home Minister Rajnath Singh announced that all contributions to home ministry’s ‘Bharat Ke Veer’ fund have been exempted from the income tax under 80(G). It has been formalised into a registered trust. It is a trust fund where people can aids families of paramilitary personnel who died fighting extremists. It was formed with film star Akshay Kumar and former national Badminton champion Pullela Gopichand in April 2017.
- Where will the annual combat exercise “Yudh Abhyas” between Indian and the US armies be held from September 16 to 29, 2018?
1) Washington DC, United States
2) Chaubatia, Uttarakhand
3) Nagpur, Maharashtra
4) Wisconsin, United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Chaubatia, Uttarakhand
On September 8, 2018, after the 2+2 dialogue, the armies of India and the US decided to hold an annual combat exercise “Yudh Abhyas” at Chaubatia in Uttarakhand from September 16 to 29, 2018. It aims to enhance inter-operability between the two forces. Around 400 soldiers from each side are expected to participate in the exercise. This happened after the agreement of ‘The Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA)’ was signed between the two countries.
- Where was the 4th Annual Sustainable Smart Cities India Conference held on September 7-8, 2018?
1) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
2) Bengaluru, Karnataka
3) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bengaluru, Karnataka
On September 7-8, 2018, the 4th Annual Sustainable Smart Cities India Conference was inaugurated by A.B. Ibrahim, IAS, Mission Director, Smart City Mission, Karnataka in Bengaluru. It was held to work on reforms, development and barriers taking place in the Smart Cities India projects. It was organized, conceptualized and developed by Nispana Innovative Platforms Pvt. Ltd. It was supported by Smart City Mission, Government of India, Swachh Bharat, Karnataka Urban Infrastructure Development and Finance Corporation & City Manager Association Karnataka.
- Which state launched its first data sharing and accessibility portal named State Data Sharing and Accessibility Platform (SDSAP), on 8th September 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sikkim
On September 8, 2018, Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling launched the first data sharing and accessibility portal of Sikkim: State Data Sharing and Accessibility Platform (SDSAP). This is a single platform where all the important statistics of the state and departments converges. Here, the state Information Technology Department would upload data in the portals twice a year – in April-May and September-October. Apart from this, the State Direct Benefit Transfer portal was also launched. These two portals will be helpful in increasing transparency in the functioning of the government.
- India has decided to participate in the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), after a gap of 9 years. Which organization conducts PISA?
1) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
2) Organisation for Economic Cooperation Development (OECD)
3) United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
4) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Organisation for Economic Cooperation Development (OECD)
India has decided to participate in the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), after a gap of 9 years. PISA is conducted by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation Development (OECD) once in every 3 years. It tests the learning level of 15-year old students. India had participated in PISA in 2009 and secured 72nd rank among 74 participating countries. After that low performance, Indian government had boycotted PISA citing that, it contained out of context questions.
- India launched a mega business pavilion named ‘Source India’ in the 87th Izmir International tradeshow held from 7th to 11th September, 2018, in ____?
1) Izmir, Turkey
2) Adis Ababa, Ethiopia
3) Morocco, Spain
4) Melbourne, Australia
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Izmir, Turkey
India launched a mega business pavilion named ‘Source India’ in the 87th Izmir International tradeshow which is held from 7th to 11th September, 2018, in Izmir, Turkey. India is the Partner Country in the 87th Izmir International tradeshow. Source India aims for tie-ups to increase India’s exports to Turkey and other neighbouring countries. Source India hosts 75 Indian companies. It is a multi-product pavilion. Major potential areas for increasing trade with Turkey are ceramics, cereals and machinery or mechanical appliances. This is part of a series of Source India pavilions hosted by Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) in important tradeshows in various countries to increase India’s exports.
- Government doubled the monetary limit to ____ lakh for filing loan recovery application in the Debt Recovery Tribunals (DRT) by banks and financial institutions, on 6th September 2018?
1) Rs 15 lakh
2) Rs 20 lakh
3) Rs 30 lakh
4) Rs 40 lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 20 lakh
On 6th September 2018, government doubled the monetary limit from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 20 lakh for filing loan recovery application in the Debt Recovery Tribunals (DRT) by banks and financial institutions. Banks and financial institutions’ recovery of dues are done through legal mechanisms, like Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act, Recovery of Debts to Banks and Financial Institution (DRT) Act and Lok Adalats. Now, any bank or financial institution or a consortium of banks or financial institutions cannot approach DRTs if the amount due is less than Rs 20 lakh.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of ____ crore each on Union Bank of India, Bank of India and Bank of Maharashtra for delay in detection and reporting of fraud in some accounts, on 7th September 2018?
1) Rs 2 crore
2) Rs 1 crore
3) Rs 5 crore
4) Rs 4 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 1 crore
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs. 1 crore each on Union Bank of India, Bank of India and Bank of Maharashtra for delay in detection and reporting of fraud in some accounts.
- Investment firm Temasek has signed an agreement to invest up to $400 million in NIIF of India with an option for co-investment with NIIF in the future. Expand NIIF?
1) National Investment and Infrastructure Fund
2) National Infrastructure Investment Fund
3) National Investment Institution and Fund
4) National Institution for Investment and Finance
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) National Investment and Infrastructure Fund
Temasek, a Singapore-based global investment firm, has signed an agreement to invest up to $400 million in the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) of India with an option for co-investment with NIIF in the future. As part of the agreement, Temasek will join the Government of India, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA), HDFC Group, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance and Axis Bank as an investor in NIIF’s Master Fund. It will also be a shareholder in National Investment and Infrastructure Limited, NIIF’s investment management company. With this investment, NIIF Master Fund has become one of the largest infrastructure funds in India.
- Which firm has made new oil and gas discoveries in Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal?
1) Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
2) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
3) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
4) Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC)
Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) has found gas deposits in a block in Vindhyan basin in Madhya Pradesh. It is now being tested. The find is at 3,000-plus meters. Also, an oil and gas discovery has been made in a well in Ashok Nagar of 24 Parganas district in West Bengal.
- Who was appointed as head of the panel to select the next Chief Economic Adviser in the finance ministry, on September 8, 2018?
1) Bimal Jalan
2) Rajiv Menon
3) Gautam Charan
4) Prithvi Raj
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bimal Jalan
On September 8, 2018, the government appointed former Reserve Bank of India governor Bimal Jalan to head panel to select the next Chief Economic Adviser in the finance ministry. Other members: secretary of the department of personnel and training C Chandramouli and economic affairs secretary Subhash Chandra Garg. The final approval will be given by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The government is seeking applications for the post after previous CEA Arvind Subramanian resigned from office.
- Which country successfully launched a new marine satellite called HY-1C aboard a Long March-2C rocket, on 8thSeptember 2018?
3) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) China
On September 8, 2018, China successfully launched a new marine satellite called HY-1C aboard a Long March-2C rocket from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in north China’s Shanxi Province. It aims to better monitor its maritime waters and study the impact of climate change. The satellite was developed by the China Spacesat Co., Ltd. under the China Academy of Space Technology. It has a design life of five years and can detect chlorophyll and suspended sediment concentrations and dissolved organic matter.
- Focusing Optics X-ray Solar Imager (FOXSI), the first instrument built specially to image high-energy X-rays from the Sun, was launched by which space agency on 7th September 2018?
1) European Space Agency (ESA)
2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
3) China National Space Administration (CNSA)
4) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
On September 7, 2018, NASA’s Focusing Optics X-ray Solar Imager, or FOXSI took its third flight from the White Sands Missile Range in White Sands, New Mexico. It is the first instrument built specially to image high-energy X-rays from the Sun. It will capture nanoflares — miniature explosions invisible to the naked eye. It will travel 190 miles up in a 15-minute journey, above the shield of Earth’s atmosphere, to view the sun.
- Which country has announced the Hope mission, or Amal, to be launched in 2020 and orbit Mars in 2021?
3) United Arab Emirates
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) United Arab Emirates
The Hope project, or Amal, is the first flagship programme for the UAE. This satellite is a 24/7 probe covering the upper and lower atmosphere of Mars. UAE has partnered with the universities of Colorado, Berkeley and Arizona to contribute the sensors for the probe. It is also collaborating with NASA to track the satellite. It will be launched in 2020 and will orbit Mars in 2021.
- Name the new search engine launched by Google for the scientific community to help them find the data required for their work?
1) Science Search
2) Dataset Search
3) Search Book
4) Stat Search
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dataset Search
On 6th September 2018, Google launched “Dataset Search”, a new search engine for the scientific community to help them find the data required for their work. Dataset Search will work like Google Scholar, which is Google’s search engine for academic studies and reports. Dataset Search will help find datasets wherever they’re hosted, from a publisher’s site, a digital library, or an author’s personal web page.
- Where was 2018 AIBA Youth Women’s & Men’s World Championships held from 21st to 31st August 2018?
1) Bengaluru, India
2) Tokyo, Japan
3) Budapest, Hungary
4) Manilla, Philippines
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Budapest, Hungary
From 21st to 31st August 2018, 2018 AIBA Youth Women’s & Men’s World Championships was held at Duna Arena, in Budapest, Hungary. 359 boxers from 65 countries participated. Mascot: Hungarian Grey bull and cow.
• Gold medals: Nitu (Women’s Light Fly 45-48kg), Sakshi (Women’s Feather 54-57kg)
• Silver medals: Anamika (Women’s Fly 48-51kg), Manisha (Women’s Light Welter 64kg)
• Bronze medals: Bhavesh Kattimani (Men’s Fly 49-52kg), Ankit (Women’s Light – 60kg), Jony (Women’s Light 57-60kg), Pahwa A (Women’s Middle 69-75kg), Gaidhani S (Women’s Light Heavy 81kg), Yadav N (Women’s Heavy +81kg).
- Who is the author of the book ‘Constitutionalizing India: an Ideational Project’, released by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu, on 5th September 2018?
1) Kamal Kannan
2) Bidyut Chakrabarty
3) Rashmi Menon
4) Siva Kumar N
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bidyut Chakrabarty
On September 5, 2018, the Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu released a book named ‘Constitutionalizing India: an Ideational Project’. It has been authored by Shri Bidyut Chakrabarty.
- What was the theme of the 52nd International Literacy day celebrated on 8th September 2018?
1) literacy and empowerment
2) literacy and skill development
3) literacy for the underprivileged
4) literacy for all
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) literacy and skill development
September 8 is celebrated as International Literacy day. This year’s International Literacy Day theme is “literacy and skill development.” It was declared by UNESCO on 26 October 1966 at 14th session of UNESCO’s General conference. It was celebrated for the first time in 1967. It highlights the importance of literacy or the ability to read and write for individuals, communities and societies.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the MD & CEO and headquarters of National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL)?Sujoy Bose; Headquarters – Mumbai
- Who is the Secretary of Department of Economic Affairs of India?Subhash Chandra Garg
- Where is the headquarters of AIBA (International Boxing Association)Lausanne, Switzerland
- Where is Sariska Tiger Reserve located?Rajasthan
- Name the Union Home Secretary of India?Rajiv Gauba
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification