Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- 2016 year marks which edition of International Literacy Day and is celebrated at France, Paris as a Category 2-Intergovernmental meeting?
Answer – B.50th
2016 marks the 50th anniversary of International Literacy Day and UNESCO is celebrating it under the banner “Reading the Past, Writing the Future”. World Literacy Day 2016 is celebrated at France, Paris as a Category 2-Intergovernmental meeting.
- Ryan Lochte from USA has been banned for 10 month following his bogus gunpoint robbery story at the Rio Olympics. He belongs to which sport?
Answer – C.Swimming
Swimmer Ryan Lochte(32) from USA has been banned for 10-month following his bogus gunpoint robbery story during a drunken night out at the Rio Olympics.It was officially announced by United States Olympic Committee (USOC). 12-time Olympic medallistLochte won gold in the 4×200 metres freestyle relay in Rio. He can’t attend next year’s World Championships in Budapest.
- Name the satellite successfully placed by the Indian Space Research Organisation to forecast the advanced weather conditions took from the SatishDhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer – B.INSAT- 3DR
The Indian Space Research Organisation – ISRO successfully placed INSAT-3DR,an advanced weather satellite in the GSLV-F05 rocket into the intended orbit from the SatishDhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh on September 08, 2016.
- Union Government has given in-principle approval to set up the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory Lab in which state?
Answer – D.Maharashtra
The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO) Lab that was given the in-principle approval by the Union Cabinet to come up in Maharashtra’s Hingoli district. It would be third one in the world and the first one outside the United States.
- Which country university has unveiled the fossil of a mysterious Jurassic Sea monster, half a century after it was discovered?
Answer – C.Scotland
Scottish university has unveiled the fossil of a mysterious Jurassic sea monster, half a century after it was discovered. The skeleton of the creature was found on the Isle of Skye in 1966 and has been dubbed the Storr Lochs Monster.
- Indian Foreign Service holder Satbir Singh has been appointed as Ambassador of India to which Country?
Answer – D.Algeria
Shri Satbir Singh (IFS: 1985), presently Additional Secretary in the Ministry has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria.
- Who has been appointed as part-time Chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India?
Answer – A.J Satyanarayana
Honourable Minister for Information Technology, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad administered the oath of Office and Secrecy to Shri J Satyanarayana, IAS retd. (1977, AP cadre) who has been appointed part-time Chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Which state Governor has taken over the additional charge as Governor of Madhya Pradesh on 8th September 2016?
Answer – B.Gujarat
Gujarat Governor O P Kohli took over the additional charge as Governor of Madhya Pradesh on 8th September 2016.Madhya Pradesh High Court Acting Chief Justice RajendraMenon administered the oath of office to Kohli at Raj Bhawan.
- How many states have ratified the Goods and Service Tax Constitution amendment bill as on 08th September 2016?
Answer – B.19
The Bill was sent to the President’s Secretariat after as many as 19 States ratified it. The States that have passed legislation are Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Nagaland, Maharashtra, Haryana, Sikkim, Mizoram, Telangana, Goa, Odisha, Rajasthan, Arunachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh.
- Name the service has been added by Employees State Insurance Corporation as first phase and inaugurated by the Minister of State for Labour and Employment?
A.Super Specialty Treatment
Answer – C.Tele-Medicine
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, ShriBandaruDattatreya inaugurated the first phase of Tele-medicine services of Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) for providing specialist medical services at a distance to insured workers.
- Name the cricketer formally announced his new political front “Awaaz-e-Punjab” in Chandigarh?
D.None of the above
Answer – B.Navjot Singh
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu formally launched his new political front ‘Awaaz-e-Punjab’in Chandigarh. Mr. Sidhu, who resigned as RajyaSabha MP in July this year following differences with the BJP validated that the party conveniently set him aside after forming the government for which he had rigorously campaigned.
- Which bank has announced the deployment of Software Robotics for Business Processes across various functions of the bank?
D.SBIAnswer – A.ICICI
ICICI Bank has announced the deployment of Software Robotics for business processes across various functions of the bank. The bank said that the software robots have reduced the response time to customers by up to 60% and have increased accuracy to 100%.
- Which City to host the first edition of IoT India Congress 2016 aims to bring together the key stakeholders across the value chain and verticals to collaborate, ideate and share a common road map for IoT implementation?
Answer – C.Bengaluru
Bengaluru hosts first edition of IoT India Congress.The IoT India Congress 2016 is India’s first completely integrated IoT platform that aims to bring together the key stakeholders across the value chain and verticals to collaborate, ideate and share a common road map for IoT implementation.
- Which state chief minister has received “Pangkor Dialogue Award 2016” in Malaysia for the efforts made by the people of the state for environmental preservation and promotion?
Answer – D.Nagaland
Nagaland Chief Minister T R Zeliang has received ‘Pangkor Dialogue Award 2016‘in Malaysia for the efforts made by the people of the state for environmental preservation and promotion.
- Who has won the MMM Bennetts Award for Historical Fiction 2016 in the UK for this novel “Into the Hidden Valley”?
Answer – B.Stuart Blackburn
Stuart Blackburn’s novel “Into the Hidden Valley” wins the MM Bennetts Award for Historical Fiction 2016 in the UK.The award was presented at the HNS Conference in Oxford. The book was published by Speaking Tiger.’ Into the Hidden Valley’ tells the story of the Apatani tribe of Arunachal Pradesh during British India.