AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2019
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Who will chair the task force constituted by Nirmala Sitharaman for drawing up National Infrastructure Pipeline of Rs 100 lakh crore ($1.4 trillion) from the fiscal year 2019-20 to 2024-25 ?
1) Ashok Kumar Rawat
2) Anil Yadav
3) Vivek Singh
4) Atanu Chakraborty
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Atanu Chakraborty
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman constituted a task force headed by Secretary of the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) Mr Atanu Chakraborty for drawing up National Infrastructure Pipeline of Rs 100 lakh crore ($1.4 trillion) from the fiscal year 2019-20 to 2024-25.
- Who inaugurated the first Metro Coach in Mumbai under the ‘Make in India’ initiative worth Rs.19,000 crore in Maharashtra, Mumbai ?
1) Devendra Fadnavis
2) Narendra Modi
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) Amit Shah
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Narendra Modi
On September 7, 2019, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi inaugurated the first Metro Coach in Mumbai under the ‘Make in India’ initiative at Jio World Centre, Maharashtra, Mumbai. He also launched Rs.19,000 crore worth metro projects with previous investment of Rs 1.5Lakh crore and laid foundation stone of 3 Metro lines to the metro network of the city expected to be operational from 2031.
- Name the 10,000-acre India’s first greenfield industrial smart city inaugurated by Narendra Modi recently .
1) Aurangabad Industrial City (AURIC)
2) Nagpur Industrial City (NAGIC)
3) Mumbai Industrial City (MUMIC)
4) Pune Industrial City (PUNIC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Aurangabad Industrial City (AURIC)
In Aurangabad shri Modi addressed ‘MahilaSakshamMelava’ (Empowered Women’s Meet) of the Self Help Groups(SHG) organised by the Maharashtra State Rural Livelihood Mission (MSRLM). AURIC: The first phase of Aurangabad Industrial City (AURIC) of 10,000 acre area developed under Delhi-Mumbai Corridor at the Shendra industrial area, Maharashtra was observed to become an industrial centre in the near future with more job generation. AURIC in the Marathwada region of Maharashtra, is the first Greenfield industrial smart city in the country.
- Under which mission the government has spend Rs. 3.5 lakh crore in the next 5 years to provide piped water connection (HarGharJal) to all rural households by 2024 ?
1) Jal Grameen mission
2) Jal Vandana mission
3) Jal Jeevan mission
4) Jal Shakthi mission
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Jal Jeevan mission
PM launched a book titled “Transforming Rural Maharashtra”.Mega water scheme: Under the Jal Jeevan mission the government is to spend Rs. 3.5 lakh crore in the next 5 years to provide piped water connection (HarGharJal) to all rural households by 2024. This move is dedicated to legendary socialist late Ram ManoharLohia for his dream of providing water to lessen the water issues faced by women. vi. Members present:
- For which missile, the procurement of 6 squadrons worth Rs 5,000 crore was approved by the central government ?
1) Prithvi air defence missile
2) Trishul air defense missile
3) Barak 8 air defense missile
4) Akash air defense missile
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Akash air defense missile
In a bid to strengthen the Indian Air Force (IAF), the central government has approved the procurement of 6 squadrons of indigenous Akash Air Defense missile for the Air Force at a cost of Rs 5,000 crore. They will be deployed along the borders with Pakistan and China.
- Where was the 9th edition of weeklong joint maritime naval exercise between India and Srilanka(SL) named SLINEX for the year 2019 held ?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
3) Bengaluru, Karnataka
4) Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
On September 7, 2019 the 9th edition of weeklong joint maritime naval exercise between India and Srilanka(SL) named SLINEX for the year 2019 has commenced in the port of Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh. Two Sri Lanka Navy Ships(SLNS) namely Sindurala and Suranimala that are offshore patrol vehicles left the Trincomalee port of Srilanka to participate in the exercise.
- Name the Indian delegate, who visited Japan and South Korea recently .
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Narendra Modi
3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
4) Venkaiah Naidu
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rajnath Singh
The Defence Minister of India, Shri Rajnath Singh visited Japan and South Korea. He held a 5-day visit to the countries with an aim to strengthen military and defence from September 2-6, 2019.
- Where was the Japan – India Defence Ministerial Meeting 2019 held ?
1) Nagoya, Japan
2) Yokohama, Japan
3) Tokyo, Japan
4) Osaka, Japan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Tokyo, Japan
Mr Rajnath Singh co-chaired the Japan – India Defence Ministerial Meeting 2019 with Defence Minister of Japan Mr Takeshi lwaya in Tokyo, Japan. Various issues of mutual concern were discussed in the meeting.Mr Rajnath Singh invited the participation of Japanese companies and other stakeholders at biennial DefExpo 2020 to be held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh from February 5 -8, 2020.Both ministers shared their views to promote cooperation and exchanges in various areas.
- Name the Japan-India-U.S trilateral maritime exercise that will be held in September – October, 2019 .
1) “MILAN 2019”
2) “IBSAMAR 2019”
3) “VARUNA 2019”
4) “MALABAR 2019”
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) “MALABAR 2019”
Japan-India-U.S trilateral maritime exercise “MALABAR 2019” will be held from late September to early October, 2019.India, Japan Annual Defence Dialogue 2019 resolved to further deepen bilateral defence and strategic ties.
- Where was the 8th edition of Seoul Defence Dialogue 2019 held with the theme “Building Peace Together: Challenges and Visions” ?
1) Incheon, South Korea
2) Seoul, South Korea
3) Busan, South Korea
4) Changwon, South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Seoul, South Korea
The 8th Edition of Seoul Defence Dialogue 2019 was held with the theme “Building Peace Together: Challenges and Visions” in Seoul, South Korea. It is an annual international security forum hosted by the Ministry of National Defense of South Korea.It had 4 plenary sessions. The themes of the four plenary sessions are “Peace Process on the Korean Peninsula and International Cooperation,” “Peace in Northeast Asia: Challenges and Tasks,” “International Peacekeeping Operations and Humanitarian Assistance” and “National Strategy and Crisis Management in Cyberspace.”
- With which country, India has signed 2 MoU’s to enhance defence educational exchanges and extend logistical support to each other’s Navies ?
1) South Korea
3) North Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) South Korea
India and South Korea signed 2 Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) to enhance defence educational exchanges and extend logistical support to each other’s Navies. It will help to enhance defence cooperation between India-Republic of Korea.
- Where was the 2019 UNICEF(United Nations Children’s Fund) South Asian Parliamentarian conference on Children Rights Convention held ?
1) Moscow, Russia
2) Beijing, China
3) Colombo, Srilanka
4) Washington, D.C., United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Colombo, Srilanka
On September 2, 2019, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) along with the parliament of Srilanka at the Colombo city conducted the two-day-long 2019 UNICEF South Asian Parliamentarian Conference on Children Rights Convention to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the adoption of the convention of the rights of the child. This is the 3rd convention conducted by UNICEF with parliamentarians for children where the meeting aims to discuss the issues faced by children and on the challenges to improve the child rights.
- Which small finance bank was barred from opening new branches by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) ?
1) Jana Small Finance Bank
2) Suryoday Small Finance Bank
3) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
4) Equitas Small Finance Bank (ESFB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Equitas Small Finance Bank (ESFB)
The apex bank of the country, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) barred the Equitas Small Finance Bank (ESFB) from opening new branches. The decision comes after ESFB missed the deadline to list its shares on stock exchanges. It also froze the salary of ESFB’s Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Vasudevan PN.
- UPI was in news recently, what does ‘I’ stands for _________ .
1) I – Insurance
2) I – Interface
3) I – Inequality
4) I – Inflation
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) I – Interface
I stands for Interface in UPI. The full form of UPI is Unified Payments Interface.
- How much million, Unified Payments Interface (UPI) transactions have reached an overall high by the end of August 2019 ?
1) 918 million
2) 818 million
3) 1018 million
4) 1028 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 918 million
On September 5, 2019 the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has released a data on the new record created by Unified Payments Interface (UPI) transactions that reached an overall high of 918 million transactions worth Rs 1.54 lakh crore by the end of August, 2019 crossing the 900 million transaction mark.
- Under which online platform, all 19 public sector banks (PSB) have initiated in-principle retail loan approval for customers availing housing and personal loans ?
1) PSB Loans in 29 Minutes
2) PSB Loans in 45 Minutes
3) PSB Loans in 59 Minutes
4) PSB Loans in 20 Minutes
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) PSB Loans in 59 Minutes
All 19 public sector banks (PSB) including State Bank of India(SBI), Punjab National Bank (PNB), Bank of Baroda (BOB) have initiated in-principle retail loan approval for customers availing housing and personal loans under the online lending platform ‘PSB Loans in 59 Minutes’.
- IBC was in news recently, what does ‘B’ stands for ____________ .
1) B – Budget
2) B – Business
3) B – Bonds
4) B – Bankruptcy
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) B – Bankruptcy
B stands for Bankruptcy in IBC.The full form of IBC is Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).This was in news recently because Corporate Affairs Secretary Injeti Srinivas notified that there are plans to waive off the debts of small distressed borrowers using the ‘fresh start’ provisions of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC). It would be for the most distressed individuals within the economically weaker section (EWS). The waiver will cost Rs 10,000 crore per annum.
- Which firm has joined hands with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for capacity building programs and teaching ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Microsoft
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has joined hands with American multinational technology company, Microsoft to incorporate cloud-based technology in high school teachers’ capacity building programs and teaching. This program, designed for teachers of 8th to 10th grade, will be run in 10 cities across India from September 11, 2019.
- Who was appointed as the General Counsel and Company Secretary of International Cricket Council (ICC) ?
1) Jonathan Hall
2) Earl Eddings
3) Gregor Barclay
4) Ehsan Mani
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Jonathan Hall
The International Cricket Council (ICC) appointed Jonathan Hall as its General Counsel and Company Secretary who will take up the responsibility in mid-September 2019. He has legal experience of 27 years.
- Name the chairman, who was appointed as the chairman of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) .
1) Sanjib Roy
2) A. N. Sharma
3) Vinai Kumar Saxena
4) Rajan Babu
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Vinai Kumar Saxena
With effect from September 5, 2019, the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) chairman Vinai Kumar Saxena was given an extension of another 3 years.Vinai Kumar Saxena, chief of KVIC.He was first appointed as the chairman of KVIC in October 2015 and introduced many innovative schemes like the ‘Honey Mission'(2017 in New Delhi) after the call of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Sweet Revolution’ in 2016, ‘Kumhaar Sashaktikaran Scheme’ and also the artisan development centre.
- Which organization has partnered with Animal Planet and Rohit Sharma for launching “Rohit4Rhinos campaign” to spread awareness about the need for conservation of one-horned rhinos ?
1) World Animal Protection India
2) Animal Welfare Board of India
3) International Fund for Animal Welfare
4) WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) India
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) India
Indian cricket team’s star batsman Rohit Sharma is launching “Rohit4Rhinos campaign” in partnership with WWF India and Animal Planet (wildlife channel) to spread awareness about the need for conservation of one-horned rhinos.Rohit Sharma’s new innings, “Rohit4Rhinos campaign” for conservation Rhinos.This rhino conservation campaign will be launched on September 22 on World Rhino Day. The one-horned rhinoceros, the state animal of Assam, faces several threats, including poaching, habitat loss and mortality from in-breeding and disease. There are around 3,500 Indian rhinos present in the world. India is home to 82 % of the rhinos.
- Samuel Eto’o has announced retirement recently, he was associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Football
Cameroon football legend Samuel Eto’o(38) has announced retirement from all forms of football.Born on 10 March 1981 at Douala in Cameroon, he is regarded as one of the greatest African players of all time. In 1998, he was the youngest participant in the 1998 FIFA World Cup after making Cameroon’s team at the age of 17years and 3 months.He went on to join Football club Barcelona in 2004, where he was able to win 2 Champions League titles, 4 La Liga titles, 2 Supercopa de Espana and 1 Copa del Rey. In 2010, he signed with Inter Milan, where he was able to win his 3rd Champions League title.He was also voted African Player of the Year award four times (2003, 2004, 2005, and 2010), an honour for winning it for the most number of times that he shares with Ivorian midfielder Yaya Toure.
- Which country’s cricketer, Abdul Qadir passed away recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Pakistan
On September 7, 2019, Pakistan’s former cricketer Abdul Qadir passed away at the age of 63 due to cardiac arrest. Born in Lahore, Pakistan on 15 September 1955, Qadir had played 67 Tests and 104 One Day Internationals (ODI) taking a total of 368 wickets representing his country.
- Kottakkal Chandrasekhara Warrier passed away recently, he was associated with which dance form?
1) Ottan Thullal
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kathakali
On September 4, 2019, famous Kathakali maestro Kottakkal Chandrasekhara Warrier who was also the Principal of P.S.V. Natyasangham, Kottakkal, Kerala passed away at the age of 74.Awards: Born in Kerala , Warrier was honoured with various awards during his reign including the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (2006), Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi Award, Kalamandalam Award, Tulaseevanam Award etc.
- National Nutrition Week (NNW) is observed from ___________.
1) September 4 to 10
2) September 3 to 9
3) September 2 to 8
4) September 1 to 7
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) September 1 to 7
National Nutrition Week (NNW) was observed from September 1 to 7, 2019 to educate people about the importance of their health and well-being. It is an annual nutrition event organized by the Food and Nutrition Board within the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India. Union Government is conducting a month-long campaign called Rashtriya Poshan Maah or the National Nutrition Month (NNM) from September 1 to September 30, 2019 to mark the fight against malnutrition with the focus on adolescent girls, pregnant women and lactating mothers and to create a Jan Andolan to imbibe behavioural changes into the daily lives of the masses, with the slogan “Poshan Tyohar Se Vyavahar”.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of International Cricket Council (ICC) located ?Answer – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- What is the Capital and Currency of South Korea ?Answer – Currency: South Korean won & Capital: Seoul
- Who is the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka ?Answer – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- Who is the CEO of Microsoft ?Answer – Satya Nadella
- Where is the headquarter of Equitas Small Finance Bank (ESFB) located ?Answer – Chennai