AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 7 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- The government has made Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) an open-ended scheme, and has doubled the over-draft limit for account holders to _____?
1) Rs 10,000
2) Rs 20,000
3) Rs 15,000
4) Rs 30,000
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 10,000
On September 7, 2018, the government announced that it would make the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) an open-ended scheme. It also added more incentives to encourage people to open bank accounts. The added benefits are as follows:
• The over-draft limit for account holders has now been doubled to Rs 10,000 and
• The free accident insurance cover for new accounts after August 28 has been doubled to Rs 2 lakh,
• No conditions will be attached for over-draft of up to Rs 2,000,
• The upper age limit for overdraft facility has been hiked to 65 from the earlier 60 years.
- Minister of Railways & Coal, Piyush Goyal has launched a mobile app named ______ of ‘Indian Railways e-procurement system’ (IREPS) that offers information and data related to e-tendering and e-auction activities of Indian Railways?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Aapoorti
On 6th September 2018, Minister of Railways & Coal, Piyush Goyal launched a new mobile app named “AAPOORTI” of ‘Indian Railways e-procurement system’ (IREPS), at the seminar on “Leveraging IT for Mobility” in New Delhi. The seminar was organised by: Ministry of Railways and Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS). Minister of Railways & Coal, Piyush Goyal was the Chief Guest. The seminar had 4 sessions on: Mobility for Passenger Business; Continuous Cargo Visibility; Network Optimisation; IoT (Internet of Things) and Mobile Data in Maintenance, Repair and Operations.
- Where was the Defence & Homeland Security Expo and Conference 2018, held from 6th to 8th September 2018?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On 6th September 2018, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the Defence & Homeland Security Expo and Conference – 2018, in New Delhi. It was organized by: PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). The Expo is held for 3 days. It is organised for the first time to bring together leading policy makers and influencers from various defence segments.
- Who is the head of the monitoring committee that has been formed by the National Green Tribunal (NGT) to prepare a time-bound action plan on groundwater recharge in Delhi?
1) Justice A K Goel
2) Justice (retd) S P Garg
3) Justice (retd) P K Mishra
4) Justice Anu Malik
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Justice (retd) S P Garg
National Green Tribunal (NGT) has formed a monitoring committee headed by Justice (retd) S P Garg to prepare a time-bound action plan on groundwater recharge in Delhi. Other members of the committee: one representative each from the Delhi Jal Board, Central Pollution Control Board, Central Ground Water Authority and Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) concerned. The committee can obtain help of technical experts and also carry out visits to sites whenever necessary. The committee will take urgent action on the issue of supply of drinking water to areas where it is deficient.
- As per the scheme approved by Supreme Court on 5th September 2018, what is the minimum compensation granted to the survivors of rape and sexual assault?
1) Rs 4 lakh
2) Rs 1 lakh
3) Rs 2 lakh
4) Rs 3 lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 4 lakh
On 5th September 2018, the Supreme Court approved a scheme that grants a compensation of minimum Rs 4 lakh and maximum Rs 7 lakh to the survivors of rape and sexual assault. Supreme court has stated that the state governments can grant a higher compensation but not less. This scheme will be launched on 2nd October 2018. It will be applicable throughout India. The scheme was framed by theNational Legal Services Authority (NALSA) in consultation with the Centre.
- Where was the 6th edition of the biennial Bengaluru Space Expo held from 6th to 8th September 2018?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bengaluru
On September 6, 2018, the 3-day 6th edition of the biennial Bengaluru Space Expo was inaugurated by ISRO Chairman Dr.K Sivan in Bengaluru. It was organised by Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) along with ISRO and Antrix. ISRO offered manufacturing of PSLV and small satellite launch vehicles along with small satellites to private industries. For this a total of 10,400 crore rupees has been earmarked out of which Rs. 9000 crore rupees worth production will be given to private industries.
- Where is the 8th edition of joint exercise SLINEX-2018 between Indian and Sri Lanka Navy held from 7th to 13th September 2018?
1) Trincomalee, Sri Lanka
2) Vishakapatnam, India
3) Kochi, India
4) Colombo, Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Trincomalee, Sri Lanka
On September 7, 2018, Indian navy ships and aircraft arrived in Sri Lanka to take part in the 8th edition of joint exercise SLINEX-2018 with Sri Lankan navy at Trincomalee. It will conclude on September 13, 2018. It will have three ships, two maritime patrol aircraft and one helicopter participating from the Indian side. Sri Lanka Air Force will join the exercise for the first time. It will have 2 phases namely the Harbour and Sea Phase. This will involve: joint training, exchange of expertise, helicopter and maritime patrol aircraft operations, search and rescue, and maneuvers at sea.
- Where was the 3rd ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Conference on ‘Global Ageing and Human Rights of Older Persons’ held on 5th to 7th September 2018?
1) Seoul, South Korea
2) New Delhi, India
3) Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
4) Beijing, China
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Seoul, South Korea
Thaawarchand Gehlot, Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment attended the 3rd ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Conference on ‘Global Ageing and Human Rights of Older Persons’ held on 5th to 7th September 2018, in Seoul, South Korea. The conference was organised by: Republic of Korea and the National Human Rights Commission of Korea. Thaawarchand Gehlot headed a 3-member Indian Delegation. The conference was also attended by United Nations, UNESCAP, UNECE, European Union, ASEAN, GANHRI and also International NGOs, Experts etc.
- Which payments bank announced that users can withdraw cash from ATMs, without the need for a physical debit card, on 7th September 2018?
1) Fino Payments Bank
2) India Post Payment Bank
3) Airtel Payment Bank
4) Paytm Payment Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Airtel Payment Bank
On September 7, 2018, Airtel Payment Bank announced that users can withdraw cash from ATMs, without the need for a physical debit card. For this Airtel has partnered with Empays to enable Instant Money Transfer (IMT) for its account holders. 20,000 ATMs have been enabled with Empays IMT card-less cash technology which will expand to over 100,000 ATMs by the end of 2018. This new service is available to both smartphone and feature phone users through USSD (*400#) and MyAirtel app.
- Vijaya Bank increased its marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR) by what percent on select maturities, with effect from September 7, 2018?
1) 0.25 %
2) 0.05 %
3) 0.45 %
4) 0.35 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 0.05 %
On September 7, 2018, Vijaya Bank increased its MCLR by 0.05% on select maturities. The changes are effective from September 7, 2018. The following shows the changed MCLRs:
Tenors Increased MCLR in per cent
One Month 8.15
Three Months 8.35
Six Months 8.60
One Year 8.70
- Indian Overseas Bank got Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s approval for call option on bonds totaling _____ crore, on 7th September 2018?
1) Rs 655 crore
2) Rs 710 crore
3) Rs 980 crore
4) Rs 678 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 655 crore
On September 7, 2018, Indian Overseas Bank got RBI’s approval for call option on bonds totaling Rs.655 crore. In a call option, the issuer of the bond can redeem the instruments before its maturity. This is scheduled to be exercised on September 17, 2018.
- Bharat Electronics Limited for the first time has bagged an order worth ____ crore for supply of 7 Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM) systems?
1) Rs 9,200 crore
2) Rs 10,300 crore
3) Rs 14,900 crore
4) Rs 78,000 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 9,200 crore
On September 7, 2018, defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited for the first time has bagged an order worth Rs 9,200 crore for supply of 7 Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM) systems. This is the highest-ever single value order bagged by BEL. This order came from Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) and Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) for supply of the LRSAM systems to be fitted on board seven ships. This contract has pushed the order book of Bharat Electronics Ltd beyond Rs 50,000 crore for the first time in a single financial year.
- Which company received an order from Indian Army to supply SpyLite mini UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) systems for high altitude aerial surveillance, on 7th September 2018?
1) Cyient Solutions & Systems (CSS)
2) Relaince Defence Systems
3) DRM Defence Systems
4) Semantic Defence Systems
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Cyient Solutions & Systems (CSS)
On September 7, 2018, Cyient Solutions & Systems (CSS) has received an order from Indian Army to supply SpyLite mini UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) systems for high altitude aerial surveillance. It is an advanced, electric, mini unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). It can be further optimized to offer covert, extended range real-time visual intelligence.
- Which bank has retained its top spot for the 5th consecutive year, in the ‘WPP and Kantar Millward Brown’s BrandZ 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands’ ranking, released on 6th September 2018?
1) ICICI Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) State Bank of India (SBI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank has retained its top spot for the 5th consecutive year, in the `WPP and Kantar Millward Brown’s BrandZ 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands’ ranking, released on 6th September 2018. HDFC Bank has improved 21 % in its brand value to USD 21.7 billion. The new 2018 ranking has widened from 50 to 75 brands. Top three positions in the ranking:
• Rank 1 – HDFC Bank (USD 21.7 billion)
• Rank 2 – Life Insurance Corporation of India (USD 19.8 billion)
• Rank 3 – Tata Consultancy Services (USD 15 billion)
- Who was appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of SBI Mutual Fund, on 7th September 2018?
1) Ashwani Bhatia
2) Mukesh Kumar
3) Anuradha Rao
4) Poornima Rao
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ashwani Bhatia
On September 7, 2018, SBI Mutual Fund appointed Ashwani Bhatia as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer. She replaced Anuradha Rao who returned to State Bank of India (SBI) as Deputy Managing Director. Prior to this Bhatia was in charge of revamping the credit structure and processes of the bank. He has also been associated with SBI Capital Markets Limited, as President & Chief Operating Officer and Whole-Time Director.
- Who was appointed the Managing Director of State Bank of India (SBI), on 7th September 2018?
1) Anshula Kant
2) B Sriram
3) Rahul Srivastava
4) Purushotam Das
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Anshula Kant
On September 7, 2018, State Bank of India appointed Anshula Kant as Managing Director of the Bank till the date of her superannuation i.e. September 30, 2020. She replaced B Sriram, who took over as the MD and CEO of IDBI Bank. Prior this appointment, Kant was the bank’s Deputy Managing Director. With this appointment SBI now has four MDs – PK Gupta, DK Khara and Arijit Basu.
- Madhya Pradesh government increased the ex-gratia to be paid to the kin of deceased journalists to ______ lakh, on 5th September 2018?
1) Rs 4 lakh
2) Rs 2 lakh
3) Rs 3 lakh
4) Rs 6 lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 4 lakh
On September 5, 2018, Madhya Pradesh government in its cabinet meeting decided to increase the ex-gratia to be paid to the kin of deceased journalists. It has been increased to Rs.4 lakh from Rs.1 lakh. Also, 5 per cent interest subsidy will be given for a period of five years on housing loan up to Rs 25 lakh to deceased journalists from the current financial year (from April 2018). In case of damage to vehicles or cameras, the government would give Rs 50,000 as compensation amount to journalists/cameramen.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chairperson of National Green Tribunal (NGT)?Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel
- Name the CEO and headquarters of Airtel Payments Bank?CEO – Anubhrata Biswas; Headquarters – New Delhi
- What is the tag line of Vijaya Bank?A Friend you can Bank upon
- Where is Madhav National Park located?Madhya Pradesh
- Who is the President of PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry headquartered in New Delhi?Anil Khaitan