Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The International Day of Charity is being observed on which date annually to promote charitable efforts made to alleviate poverty across the world?
D.September 7thAnswer – B. September 5th
The International Day of Charity is observed on 5 September every year since 2012 to promote charitable efforts made to alleviate poverty across the world. The day also being designated as the anniversary of the death of Mother Teresa, as the International Day of Charity in its resolution A/RES/67/105.
- Teacher’s is being celebrated on September 5 annually across the country since which year in honor and deference of Dr. Sarvepaalli Radhakrishnan?
D.1965Answer – A.1962
Teachers’ Day is celebrated on September 5 every year across the country since 1962 in honor and deference of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. This year President Mukherjee presented National awards to teachers for their distinguished services and received the first copy of a booklet Umang 2015 which was released by Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi Manish Sisodia.
- Former Union Minister and Senior BJP leader has passed away in Bhopal due to Heart Attack at the age of 81. Who is he?
D.Daif MargAnswer – B.Arif Baig
Former union minister and senior BJP leader ArifBaig died in Bhopal after suffering a heart attack. He was 81. He was first elected to the lower house from Bhopal on BhartiyaLok Dal ticket in 1977.
- Which Indian shooter officially announced his retirement from shooting after 2016 Summer Games?
D.VijayakumarAnswer – C.Abhinav Bindra
The 33 year old shooter Abhinav Bindra officially announced his retirement from shooting after 2016 Summer Games. India’s first and only individual Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra started his Olympic journey started in Sydney in 2000. He qualified in three Olympic finals including his golden journey of Beijing in 2008 in his pet 10m
air rifle, while he missed out in Sydney and London.
- Which Indian Cricket Team clinched the Quadrangular One-day series thrashing Australia by 57 runs in the final match?
D.Rest of IndiaAnswer – A.India A
India A rode on a solid all-round performance clinched the Quadrangular one-day series, thrashing Australia by 57 runs in the final match. Mandeep Singh who was named Player of the Match combined with captain Manish Pandey.
- Who has become the first Indian to win the Asian Karting Championship held in Malaysia?
D.Shahan Ali MohsinAnswer – D.Shahan Ali Mohsin
Agra based Young Racer Shahan Ali Mohsin has become the first Indian to win the Asian Karting Championship held in Malaysia.In the contest the twelve years old teen experienced a strong challenge from his main rival Hayden Haikal to clinch the title.
- Which animal species has been included in the International Union for Conservation of Nature Red List during Global conference in Honolulu?
D.CobraAnswer – B.Gorilla
The world’s largest gorillas are included in the IUCN Red list. It was announced at the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) global conference in Honolulu. Gorilla’s population decline of more than 70% in 20 years. Just 5,000 Eastern gorillas left on Earth and Chimpanzees and bonobos are listed as endangered.
- Name the Water jet Fast Attack Craft has been designed Garden reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited to Indian Navy?
D.TIYAHUAnswer – C.TIHAYU
Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE) handed over the Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC), “TIHAYU” to Indian Navy. This warship measuring 48 X 7.5 m with a displacement of around 315 Tons, has an endurance of around 2000 nautical miles at 12-14 knots speed.
- Which Top actor has been chosen as the Brand Ambassador for Arunachal Pradesh State tourism to boost tourism?
D.John AbrahamAnswer – D.John Abraham
The government of Arunachal Pradesh has roped in Bollywood bighead John Abraham as a brand ambassador for state tourism to boost tourism with the help actor.BEViacom18 who have partnered with the Arunachal Pradesh government to provide strategic consultations to promote the tourism in the state.
- Which University has appointed Rio Olympics Bronze medalist Sakshi Malik as Wrestling Director?
A.Banaras Hindu University
D.None of the aboveAnswer – C.Rohtak University
Rio Olympics bronze medalist Sakshi Malik added another feather to her belt after she was director of Rohtak University based in her home town Rohtak in the state.
- Which state education department has partnered with US based technology firm CISCO to promote digital learning across the state using virtual digital room?
D.RajasthanAnswer – D.Rajasthan
Rajasthan’s education department has partnered with US-based technology firm Cisco to promote digital learning across the state using virtual digital room solutions. Aim To establish Digital Learning Solution Rooms (DLSRs) which will deploy virtual digital classrooms across 12 institutes.
- Name the technology has been launched by Fin-tech player MobiKwik to make the payment vide offline?
D.Bill DeskAnswer – B.MobiKwik
MobiKwik, fin-tech player has launched one-step offline payments with ‘Bubble Pin’. The pin is a combination of numbers and alphabets. Bubble pin also makes the transaction more secure as no phone number is required to be shared.
- Which country inaugurated the five day long 69th session of WHO Regional committee meeting at Colombo on 5th September 2016?
D.Sri LankaAnswer – D.Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan Prime minister RanilWickremsinghe inaugurated the five day long 69th session of WHO (World Health Organisation) Regional committee meeting at Colombo on 5 September 2016. In the Regional meeting all the 11 countries of South East Asia including India’s Health and Family Welfare Minister JP Nadda took part in the event.
- Pranaav Jerry Chopra is related to
D.HockeyAnswer – A.Badminton
Pranaav Jerry Chopra is a male Indian badminton player who competed at 2012 Japan Super Series. He was the national champion in the mixed doubles in 2010 and in the men’s doubles in 2013. He competed at the 2014 Asian Games.
- Which country has been certified as Malaria Free island country by World Health Organisation after Maldives?
D.PhillipinesAnswer – C.Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka has been certified as malaria-free island country by World Health Organisation (WHO), the island nation is the second in the WHO South-East Asia Region to eliminate malaria after Maldives.
- Which National Institute of Technology has inaugurated “Bharat RatnaDr APJ Abdul Kalam Learning Resource Centre” by the State Chief Minister?
D.NIT WarangalAnswer – A.NIT Silchar
On September 5,2016 Assam Chief Minister SarbanandaSonowal inaugurated the ‘Bharat RatnaDrA P J Abdul Kalam Learning Resource Centre’ in NIT, Silchar and start up centre in NIT Silchar under the startup India campaign launched by Prime Minister