AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 4 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Where was the Conference on E-Mobility in Indian Railways held on 4th September 2018?
1) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) New Delhi
On 4th September 2018, Conference on E-Mobility in Indian Railways was held in New Delhi. The conference was held to discuss strategies for future of mobility in India and to make Indian Railways more efficient, greener and a preferred mode of transport. It acted as a common platform for project developers and other stakeholders. Minister of State for Railways, Manoj Sinha was the chief guest of the conference. Minister of State for Railways, Rajen Gohain, was the Guest of Honour. This conference was conducted by Indian Railways, in partnership with NITI Aayog, as part of the ‘Mobility Week’observed from 31 August to 6 September 2018.
- Where is the ‘Rapid Trident’ joint military exercise among Ukraine, US and NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) nations held from September 2-15, 2018?
1) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ukraine
From September 2-15, 2018, Ukraine started conducting the annual joint military exercise called Rapid Trident in Ukrainian village of Starychi along with the US and the NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) member nations. It is a battalion-level field training exercise for a hybrid war situation. For 2018, for the first time Ukrainian Border Guard Service and National Guard troops will participate in it. Along with that, around 2,200 soldiers from 14 countries are participating in it.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) implemented the ‘Internal Ombudsman Scheme, 2018’ scheme and directed all scheduled commercial banks with more than how many branches to appoint an internal ombudsman?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 10
On September 4, 2018, the Reserve Bank of India directed all scheduled commercial banks with more than 10 branches to appoint an internal ombudsman. Regional rural banks are not included in this directive. This was done to ensure that the complaints of the customers are redressed. This was done under the ‘Internal Ombudsman Scheme, 2018’ which gives ombudsman statutory powers under section 35 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned _____ crore under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) to West Bengal for minor irrigation projects and flood protection projects?
1) Rs 450 crore
2) Rs 335 crore
3) Rs 678 crore
4) Rs 345 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 335 crore
Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned Rs 335 crore under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) to West Bengal. The fund was allotted in August 2018. It will be used for 158 minor irrigation projects and 23 flood protection projects. The minor irrigation projects will benefit 20,506 hectares, with 3.09 lakh population in 699 villages of 22 districts. The 23 flood protection projects will help to solve rapid bank erosion caused by rivers. These willl save nearly 5,080 hectares of fertile agricultural and home stead lands of farmers of 64 villages, which are under erosion.
- Name the Cyber Insurance Policy for individuals launched by HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company on 4thSeptember 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) E@Secure
On 4th September 2018, HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company announced the launch of ‘E@Secure’, a Cyber Insurance Policy for individuals. E@Secure policy offers comprehensive protection to individuals and their families including children, against cyber-attacks, cyber frauds or digital threats that might cause financial loss or reputational loss. This policy offers protection against cyber risks and frauds performed from any device and from any location of the world.
- Paytm Money Ltd has launched its app for mutual fund investments. It offers systematic investment plans (SIPs) for as low as _____ rupees?
1) Rs 1000
2) Rs 100
3) Rs 500
4) Rs 200
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 100
On 4th September 2018, Paytm Money Ltd has launched its app for mutual fund investments. It has partnered with 25 asset management companies including all large fund houses, that cover around 90% of the industry’s ₹ 22 trillion worth of assets under management. Paytm Money Ltd, the wholly-owned subsidiary of One97 Communications Ltd targets to sell mutual fund to around 25 million people in the next three to five years. Paytm Money will sell only direct plans of all mutual fund schemes. Direct plans come with a lower expense ratio as they do not have distributor commissions embedded in them. The company is providing systematic investment plans (SIPs) for as low as Rs 100 in some of the schemes.
- Who was elected as the 13th President of Pakistan on 4th September 2018?
1) Imran Khan
2) Maulana Fazlur Rehman
3) Aitzaz Ahsan
4) Arif Alvi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Arif Alvi
On 4th September 2018, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Arif Alvi was elected the 13th President of Pakistan. Arif Alvi won the presidential election with 353 votes followed by Maulana Fazlur Rehman with 185 votes, and Aitzaz Ahsan with 123 votes. Arif Alvi will be sworn in as Pakistan President on September 9, 2018.
- Which racer won the Italian Grand Prix on 2nd September 2018?
1) Sebstian Vettel
2) Lewis Hamilton
3) Kimi Raikkonen
4) Valterri Bottas
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Lewis Hamilton
On 2nd September 2018, Lewis Hamilton won the Italian Grand Prix held at Autodromo Nazionale Monza track, in Italy. Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton finished in the first place and won the Italian Grand Prix. He was followed Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen in the 2nd place. Mercedes’ Valterri Bottas finished in the third spot and Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel finished in the fourth place. This is Lewis Hamilton’s 5th Italian Grand Prix title, with this he has equaled Michael Schumacher record (of 5 Italian Grand Prix wins).
- Who has become the first female athlete to be named the Most Valuable player in the 18th Asian Games by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA)?
1) PV Sindhu
2) Naomi Osaka
3) Rikako Ikee
4) Sloane James
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rikako Ikee
On September 4, 2018, Japanese swimmer Rikako Ikee became the first female athlete to be named the Most Valuable player in the 18th Asian Games by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA). She had won 6 medals which is the most for a female athlete at a single Game. She will get a trophy and a cheque for $50,000. She became the fourth Japanese athlete to win the award since it’s inception at the 1998 Bangkok Games. Only North Korean shooter So Gin-man, who won seven golds and a a silver at New Delhi in 1982, has won more titles at one Asian Games.
- What was the theme for National Nutrition Week 2018 observed from 1st to 7th September 2018?
1) Better Nutrition: Key to Development
2) Life cycle approach for better Nutrition
3) Optimal Infant & Young Child Feeding Practices: Better Child Health
4) Go Further With Food
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Go Further With Food
National Nutrition Week is observed every year from 1st to 7th September all over the country to spread awareness regarding importance of nutrition. Theme of the year 2018 is – ‘Go Further With Food’. This week observed to evaluate the appropriate techniques to prevent and control the nutritional problems through deep research and monitor the condition of the country for the diet and nutrition.To aware people through the orientation training about health and nutrition.
- Name the first luxury cruise of Varanasi inaugurated by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, on 2ndSeptember 2018?
1) Yoga Rishi
3) Ganga Vahini
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Alaknanda
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the first luxury cruise of Varanasi named Alaknanda on 2nd September 2018. The cruise will run from Raj Ghat to Assi Ghat. Alaknanda is a 5-star luxury tourist cruise that will operate in river Ganga.
- Which country has minted a gold coin encrusted with rare pink diamonds worth US$1.8 million to meet growing demand for high-end collectables?
2) United States
3) United Arab Emirates
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Australia
Australia has minted a gold coin encrusted with rare pink diamonds worth Aus$2.48 million (US$1.8 million) to meet growing demand for high-end collectables from the ultra-rich. The two-kilogramme treasure, which depicts a sailing ship, a gold prospector and boab trees found in Western Australia, is considered legal tender and will be sold to the highest bidder. It is the most valuable coin ever made in Australia and is expected to be sold to a buyer from Asia or the Middle East.
- Who was crowned the Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva – Miss Universe India 2018 at an event in Mumbai, on 31stAugust 2018?
1) Nehal Chudasama
2) Roshni Sheoran
3) Aditi Hundia
4) Saloni Agrawal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Nehal Chudasama
Nehal Chudasama from Mumbai was crowned the Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva – Miss Universe India 2018 at an event in Mumbai on 31st August 2018. She will compete at the Miss Universe 2018 pageant in Bangkok in December. Actor Sushant Singh Rajput announced Nehal as the winner. Miss Diva- Miss Universe India 2017 Shraddha Shashidhar crowned her successor.
- Who was elected as the new President of Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) on 31st August 2018?
1) NP Singh
2) Punita Kumar
3) Ram Kapoor
4) Aman Mittal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) NP Singh
NP Singh, CEO, Sony Pictures Network, was elected the new President of Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) on 31st August 2018, at the 19th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF). He replaces Punit Goenka as the President.
- Name the app launched by Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, that will simplify the work of field functionaries and enhance work efficiency in the coffee plantation field?
1) Cofffe Brewers
2) Coffee Connect
3) Field Link
4) Coffee Fetch
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Coffee Connect
On 4th September 2018, Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu launched India coffee field force app named “Coffee Connect” and digital mobile extension services for coffee stakeholders named “Coffee KrishiTharanga”. This app will simplify the work of field functionaries and enhance work efficiency. It will also improve transparency in the activities of the extension officers and officials, subsidy disbursement and real time report generation. It uses latest technology to ease field activities like digitization of Coffee Growers & Estates with Geo Tagging, collecting the Plantation details etc.
- Indian Ocean Wave Exercise 2018 (IOWave18) began in the Indian Ocean, on September 4, 2018. It is organized by which organization?
1) Indian Navy
2) Indian Coast Guard (ICG)
3) International Oceans Organisation (IOO)
4) Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC)
On September 4, 2018, Indian Ocean Wave Exercise 2018 (IOWave18) began in the Indian Ocean. It is a major Indian ocean-wide tsunami mock drill consisting of evacuation of residents of coastal areas. It is a part of the Indian Ocean Tsunami Ready (IOTR) programme by UNESCO. It is being organized by Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of UNESCO. In the 2018 version, India along with 23 nations are participating in it. The IOTWMS Tsunami Service Providers (TSP) of Australia, India and Indonesia will provide exercise bulletins and detailed tsunami threat advice on their password-protected websites.
- Canara bank has opened a portal to claim education loan interest subsidy for the financial year 2017-18, under the CSIS scheme of Ministry of Human Resource Development. What does “I” represent in CSIS?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Interest
CSIS – Central Sector Interest Subsidy
On September 1, 2018, Canara bank opened a portal to claim education loan interest subsidy for the financial year 2017-18. This is under the Central sector interest subsidy (CSIS) scheme implemented by the Union Ministry of HRD which was started in 2009. Tamil Nadu is the top state availing this loan.
- The Panchpatmali bauxite mine of which public sector enterprise won 5 awards at the concluding ceremony of 20th Mines Environment and Mineral Conservation (MEMC) week, on 1st September 2018?
1) National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
2) National Aluminium Company Ltd (NALCO)
3) Hindustan Petro Chemicals Ltd (HPCL)
4) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National Aluminium Company Ltd (NALCO)
On 1st September 2018, the Panchpatmali bauxite mine of National Aluminium Company Ltd (NALCO) won 5 awards at the concluding ceremony of 20th Mines Environment and Mineral Conservation (MEMC) week. The MEMC week was held under the guidance of Indian Bureau of Mines. NALCO was awarded the ‘Par Excellence Award’ in recognition of outstanding mines, environment and mineral conservation. NALCO also won the first prize in afforestation, reclamation and rehabilitation, sustainable development and overall performance (in more than 5.5 million tonne per year mining capacity category).
- The expert group formed by which body has submitted a report titled ‘Inventory and Revival of Springs in the Himalayas for Water Security’ and has urged plan to save springs in Himalayas?
1) Department of Earth Sciences
2) Geological Society of India
3) NITI Aayog
4) Indian Institute of Oceans
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) NITI Aayog
An expert group that was formed by NITI Aayog has urged the government to set up a dedicated mission to save spring water systems in the Himalayan States. The NITI Aayog expert group comprised experts from the Department of Science and Technology. It submitted a report titled ‘Inventory and Revival of Springs in the Himalayas for Water Security.’ The report stated that, nearly half of the perennial springs have dried up or have become seasonal. Nearly 60% of low-discharge springs that supplied water to small habitations in the Himalayan region have declined in the past 20 years. In May 2018, several districts of Himachal Pradesh including Shimla faced severe drinking water crisis as major water sources dried out fully or partially.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the headquarters of Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)?Answer – Paris, France
- Name the CEO and headquarters of Canara Bank?Answer – CEO – Rakesh Sharma; Headquarters – Bengaluru
- Who is the MD & CEO of HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company?Answer – Ritesh Kumar
- Where is the headquarters of NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)?Answer – Brussels, Belgium
- Name the Chairman & MD of National Aluminium Company Ltd (NALCO)?Answer – Dr. T.K. Chand