AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 30 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs September 2018
- Current Affairs August 2018
- Current Affairs July 2018
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Economic Affairs Secretary SC Garg announced a reduction in gross borrowing estimate for the current fiscal by _____ rupees, on September 29, 2018?
1) Rs 70,000 crore
2) Rs 50,000 crore
3) Rs 20,000 crore
4) Rs 90,000 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 70,000 crore
On September 29, 2018, Economic Affairs Secretary SC Garg announced a reduction in gross borrowing estimate for the current fiscal by 70,000 crore rupees. It also aims to contain fiscal deficit target at 3.3 per cent. The government intends to borrow around 2 lakh 50,000 crore rupees as compared to 2 lakh 88,000 crores during April-September of 2018-19. It also announced launch of inflation-indexed bonds, adding that one or two bond issues will come in the current fiscal.
- Union Health Minister JP Nadda has declared conversion of _____ Primary Health Centres (PHCs) and sub-centres into wellness centers by 2022?
2) 1.5 lakh
3) 5 lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 1.5 lakh
On September 16, 2018, Union Health Minister JP Nadda declared conversion of 1.5 lakh Primary Health Centres (PHCs) and sub-centres into wellness centers by 2022. The conversion phases are as follows: 4,000 sub-centres in 2017, 50,000 centres in 2018, 30,000 centres in 2019 and 40,000 centres in 2020. He also sought the support of the private sector for offering better health care to the people. These aims to facilitate screening of every individual aged 30 for blood pressure, diabetes, tuberculosis, breast cancer and leprosy among others.
- Name the Chairperson of the Competition Law Review Committee formed by the government to review the Competition Act?
1) Injeti Srinivas
2) Rajiv Gauba
3) Amarnath Pillai
4) Ravi Amudhan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Injeti Srinivas
The Government has constituted a Competition Law Review Committee to review the Competition Act.
Competition Law Review Committee consists of:
Chairperson – Injeti Srinivas, Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Member Secretary – Joint Secretary (Competition), Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Members – Chairperson, Competition Commission of India (CCI); Chairperson, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India; Shri Haigreve Khaitan, M/S Khaitan & Co. ; Shri Harsha Vardhana Singh, IKDHVAJ Advisers LLP; Ms. Pallavi Shardul Shroff, Advocate, M/S Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.; Dr. S. Chakravarthy, IAS (Retd.), Hony. Visiting Prof. ASCII; Aditya Bhattacharjea, Professor of Economics, Delhi School of Economics;
The Competition Act was passed in 2002. The Competition Commission of India started functioning in 2009. The Competition Law Review Committee will review the Competition Act. It will submit its report within 3 months from its first meeting.
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, under the aegis of Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban (SBM – U) has partnered with which company to launch the Loo Review campaign to encourage local guides to rate and review public toilets?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Google
On September 28, 2018, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, under the aegis of Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban (SBM – U) partnered with Google to launch the Loo Review campaign. This would encourage all local guides in India to rate and review public toilets on Google Maps. 500+ cities in India with more than 30,000 toilets with the name of “SBM Toilet” are currently live on Google Maps.
- Who is the convener of the 7-member group of ministers formed by the Goods and Services Tax Council to review on ‘Modalities for Revenue Mobilisation in case of Natural Calamities and Disasters’?
1) Sushil Kumar
2) Nitin Sharma
3) Pranav Das
4) Nitin Bannerjee
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sushil Kumar
On September 30, 2018, a seven-member group of ministers with Bihar deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar as convenor was formed by the Goods and Services Tax Council to review on ‘Modalities for Revenue Mobilisation in case of Natural Calamities and Disasters’. This decision was taken in the 30th meeting of the GST council chaired by chairman Arun Jaitley. The group will recommended ways to assist the calamity hit states with steps like separate cess and would submit its report by submit its report by October 31, 2018.
- Where was the “Conference on Empowerment of Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) & Organic Farmers Co-operatives from Dantewada, Bastar Region” held on September 26, 2018?
1) Gulbarga, Karnataka
2) New Delhi, Delhi
3) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
4) Surat, Gujarat
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi, Delhi
On September 26, 2018, Shri Jual Oram, Union Minister for Tribal Affairs inaugurated the “Conference on Empowerment of Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) & Organic Farmers Co-operatives from Dantewada, Bastar Region” in New Delhi. It was organised by NITI Aayog in collaboration with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Tribal Co-operative Marketing Development Federation of India, TRIFED. This was aimed to give market opportunities team members of Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) & Organic Farmers Co-operatives from Dantewada, Bastar Region to showcase their products in urban areas. The Ministry also launched “Punch Tantra Collection” which included Punchtantra tribal artefacts including handlooms and handicrafts.
- Which state tops the list of states with maximum penetration and Assets Under Management (AUM), according to Association of Mutual Funds of India’s (AMFI) statistics?
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Maharashtra
On September 22, 2018, according to Association of Mutual Funds of India’s (AMFI) statistics, Maharashtra tops the chart for state with the maximum penetration and Assets Under Management (AUM). Also, as per August, average assets under management (AUM) of mutual funds rose to an all-time high of Rs 25.2 lakh crore across the country. For Maharashtra, it touched Rs 10.35 lakh crore, about 41.1 per cent of the all-India total. It is followed by Delhi having Rs 2.35 lakh crore and Karnataka having Rs 1.76 lakh crore. Other states in the top 5 include: Gujarat with Rs 1.62 lakh crore and West Bengal with Rs 1.29 lakh crore.
- Which city launched India’s first comprehensive city-level flood forecasting and early warning system (FFEWS) with $1 million assistance from Asian Development Bank (ADB) on September 27, 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kolkata
On September 27, 2018, Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) launched a flood forecasting and early warning system (FFEWS) for Kolkata City. It is also India’s first comprehensive city-level FFEWS. It aims to help city officials and citizens act decisively to minimize damage before and during disasters. Asian Development Bank (ADB) from its Urban Climate Change Resilience Trust Fund under the Urban Financing Partnership Facility, funded this project with technical assistance of a $1 million to KMC. The system has been designed to provide forecasts as well as real-time information on inundation, temperature, air quality, and other climate-related data through 400 sensor nodes.
- Which state government inked a pact with Portugal in the field of water supply, waste water management and sanitation for a period of 2 years, on 30th September 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Goa
On September 30, 2018, the Goa government inked a pact with Portugal in the field of water supply, waste water management and sanitation for a period of 2 years. The MOU was signed between: Goa Public Works Department Minister Sudin Dhavalikar and Portugal’s Minister of Environment Joao Pedro de Matos Fernandes. The projects would include: Opa water supply project in north Goa, Sewage water treatment plantin Valpoi and Manganese-removal efforts in Selaulim Reservoir.
- Which state assembly declared cow as the ‘Rashtra Mata’ or the mother of the nation, on 20th September 2018?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Uttarakhand
On September 20, 2018, Uttarakhand state assembly declared cow as the ‘Rashtra Mata’ or the mother of the nation. The resolution was moved by the State Animal Husbandry Minister Rekha Arya. This was aimed as a step towards cow protection.
- Which state conducted ‘Kalahandi Dialogue’ in Kalahandi district from 28 to 30 September 2018, which was a global conclave on development of the district?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Odisha
On 28th September 2018, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched ‘Kalahandi Dialogue’ at Bhawanipatna, in Kalahandi, Odisha. The ‘Kalahandi Dialogue’ was held for 3 days. It was a global conclave on development of Kalahandi district. Naveen Patnaik also launched several projects for the district. He laid foundation stone for 12 projects, inaugurated nine projects in Bhawanipatna, etc. Sujeet Kumar was the Chairperson of Kalahandi Dialogue. The dialogue aimed to involve youth in development activities.
- Ministry of AYUSH inaugurated an AYUSH Information Cell at the Indian Embassy in which country, on September 19, 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Romania
Ministry of AYUSH has set up an AYUSH Information Cell at the Indian Embassy in Romania to present authentic information about AYUSH system of medicine and to promote Ayurveda practice in Romania. The AYUSH Information Cell in Romania was digitally inaugurated by Vice president of India Venkaiah Naidu during his visit to Romania on September 19, 2018. The AYUSH Information Cell in Romania will help to organise lectures, consultation, conduct seminars, training courses and help associations of AYUSH stakeholders for networking, conducting meetings, develop awareness of AYUSH system in Romania. At the event, a book on ‘Ayurveda in Romania’ was also released by Venkaiah Naidu. Ambassador of India, Bucharest Mr. Thanglura Darlong also participated in the event.
- Which university has secured number one position among Indian universities in the Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings for 2019?
1) Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
2) Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
3) Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru
4) Indian Institute of Management, Mumbai
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in Bengaluru has secured number one position among Indian universities in the Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings for 2019 released on 26th September 2018. India has secured 49 places in this year’s list compared to 42 last year. Indian Institute of Technology Indore (IIT Indore) has become India’s second highest ranked university and a global top 400 institution. IIT Bombay has gone down from the 351-400 rankings band to the 401-500 band. Amrita University from Tamil Nadu has made a steep increase from the 801-1000 band to 601-800 band.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) withdrew permission of Bandhan Bank to open new branches and put a freeze on the remuneration of its MD & CEO _____, on 28th September 2018?
1) CS Ghosh
2) Rana Kapoor
3) Anil Sharma
4) Vimal Nath
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) CS Ghosh
On September 28, 2018, RBI withdrew permission of Bandhan Bank to open new branches. It also put a freeze on the remuneration of the MD & CEO, CS Ghosh. This happened because of the bank’s failure to bring down shareholding of Non-Operative Financial Holding Company (NOFHC) or promoter share holding to 40 per cent as instructed by RBI.
- India’s external debt for the quarter ended June 2018 declined on a year-on-year basis by ______ % to $514.4 billion, according to data of the Reserve Bank of India?
1) 3.4 %
2) 2.8 %
3) 5.6 %
4) 1.2 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 2.8 %
On September 30, 2018, according to data of the Reserve Bank of India, India’s external debt for the quarter ended June 2018 declined on a year-on-year basis by 2.8 per cent to $514.4 billion. It had a recording decrease of $14.9 billion from earlier estimate of over $529 billion reported for the corresponding period of 2017. Also, the external debt to GDP ratio stood at 20.4 per cent at June-end, a shade lower than its level of 20.5 per cent at March-end. The major reason for the decrease in external debt was primarily due to valuation gains of $13 billion due to appreciation of the US dollar against the Indian rupee.
- Reserve Bank of India has fined Karur Vysya Bank a total of _____ rupees for non-compliance of its directives?
1) Rs 2 crore
2) Rs 5 crore
3) Rs 3 crore
4) Rs 4 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 5 crore
On September 28, 2018, the Reserve Bank of India fined Karur Vysya Bank a total of Rs. 5 crore for non-compliance of its directives. The reason behind this penalty are: Non-compliance with its directions on “Income Recognition and Asset Classification (IRAC) norms, Reporting of frauds, and On the need for discipline at the time of opening of current accounts.
- Stock Exchange BSE, PTC India Ltd and which bank have come together to form India’s third electricity exchange?
1) Axis Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) ICICI Bank
4) Canara Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) ICICI Bank
On September 10, 2018, BSE, PTC India Ltd and ICICI Bank have come together to form India’s third electricity exchange. They have filed a petition with the power market regulator, CERC (Central Electricity Regulatory Commission) for grant of licence for setting up a new power exchange. India has two operating power exchanges—Power Exchange of India (PXIL) and India Energy Exchange (IEX).
- Who has been elected president of the Indian Newspaper Society (INS) for 2018-19?
1) Jayant Mammen Mathew
2) Lav Saksena
3) Shailesh Gupta
4) L. Adimoolam
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Jayant Mammen Mathew
On 28th September 2018, Jayant Mammen Mathew was elected president of the Indian Newspaper Society (INS) for 2018-19. Jayant Mammen Mathew is the Executive Editor of Malayala Manorama. He replaces Akila Urankar. Other elected members of INS:
• Lav Saksena – Secretary General
• Shailesh Gupta – Deputy President
• L. Adimoolam – Vice-President
• Sharad Saxena – Honorary Treasurer
- Indian Ports Association (IPA) has appointed which company as Managed Service Provider for Mumbai Port Trust, Kolkata Port Trust, Chennai Port Trust, Deendayal Port Trust and Paradip Port Trust?
1) Tech Mahindra
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Tech Mahindra
Indian Ports Association (IPA) has appointed M/s Tech Mahindra as the Managed Service Provider for 5 major ports: Mumbai Port Trust, Kolkata Port Trust, Chennai Port Trust, Deendayal Port Trust and Paradip Port Trust. M/s Tech Mahindra has partnered with M/s SAP, M/s Envision, M/s CISCO, M/s Dell, M/s RTCom etc. IPA has also hired M/s Ernst Young to support in conceptualizing Port-EBS (Enterprise Business System) and support IPA and ports to implement this initiative. The Enterprise Business System will consist of Port Operations Solution, standard ERP solutions, and auxiliary solutions.
- Name the Afghanistan Ambassador to India who resigned from his position, on 19th September 2018?
1) Abdul Karim
2) Shaida Abdali
3) Rahath Al Abidi
4) Rasheed Khan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shaida Abdali
On 19th September 2018, Afghanistan Ambassador to India Shaida Abdali resigned from his position. Shaida Abdali submitted his resignation to Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani during his one-day visit to Delhi. Shaida Abdali became Afghanistan’s Ambassador to India in July 2012. He has cited that he is returning to Afghanistan to serve his people and country.
- Name the earliest animal on geological record, whose fossil has been discovered in Russia?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dickinsonia
Scientists have discovered an ancient fossil of Dickinsonia, the earliest animal on geological record. Dickinsonia is an oval shaped creature that lived 558 million years ago. It grew up to 1.4 m in length. It was part of the Ediacara Biota that lived 20 million years before the ‘Cambrian explosion’ of modern animal life. The fossil was discovered by researchers from Australian National University (ANU) near the White Sea in Russia.
- Who has been appointed as the permanent captain of Brazil’s national football team?
1) Alisson Becker
3) Marcelo Vieira
4) Phillippe Coutinho
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Neymar
Neymar has been appointed as the permanent captain of Brazil’s national football team. Neymar is a striker of the Paris Sain-Germain team. Brazil’s head football coach Tite has removed the captaincy rotation policy of the team to give Neymar the permanent captain position.
- Pandit Tulsidas Borkar died in Mumbai on 29th September 2018. He was a _____?
3) Harmonium player
4) Spiritual leader
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Harmonium player
On 29th September 2018, renowned harmonium player Pandit Tulsidas Borkar died following a chest infection in Mumbai. Pandit Tulsidas Borkar was 84 years old. He was born in Goa. He received the Padma Shri award in 2016. He was also awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 2005. He was known for both solo performances and his unique style of accompanying Indian classical singers.
- What was the theme of International Translation Day 2018 celebrated on 30th September 2018?
1) Translation: Connecting people and countries
2) Translation: promoting cultural heritage in changing times
3) Translation: bridge between different communities
4) Translation and economic development
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Translation: promoting cultural heritage in changing times
On 30th September 2018, International Translation Day was celebrated throughout the world. In 2017, the United Nations General Assembly, declared September 30 as International Translation Day. 30 September celebrates the feast of St. Jerome, the Bible translator. This day offers an opportunity to pay tribute to translators and highlights their importance. Theme: for International Translation Day 2018 is “Translation: promoting cultural heritage in changing times”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of Association of Mutual Funds of India (AMFI)?Chairman – Mr. A. Balasubramanian; Headquarters – Mumbai
- Where is Jaldapara National Park located?West Bengal
- Who is the Chairman of Railway Board?Ashwani Lohani
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of Karur Vysya Bank?MD & CEO – PR Seshadri; Headquarters – Karur, Tamil Nadu
- What is the tag line of Dena Bank?Trusted Family Bank