AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 28 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs September 2018
- Current Affairs August 2018
- Current Affairs July 2018
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate the Army exhibition named ‘Parakram Parv’ on 28thSeptember 2018?
1) Jodhpur, Rajasthan
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Dehradun, Uttrarakhand
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Jodhpur, Rajasthan
On September 28, 2018, PM Modi inaugurated an Army exhibition named ‘Parakram Parv’ in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. He also attended the Combined Commanders’ Conference along with the Defence Minister. This was done to mark the second surgical strike anniversary when the Indian Army went across the Line of Control (LoC) and destroyed terrorist launch pads of Pakistan. He also laid the wreath at Konark War Memorial and was honoured with ‘guard of honour’.
- Where did Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launch Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics (CEDA) on 28th September 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On September 28, 2018, Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launched Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics (CEDA) in New Delhi. This Centre of Excellence was set up by National Informatics Centre (NIC) and National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated (NICSI)jointly. This would help the centre to:
• Adopt the advanced analytics technology for better data analytics and better governance.
• Data-driven solution for complex policy issues,
• Understand the business requirements of departments and define their analytic needs.
- Where was the seminar on “FDI in Telecom Sector: The Way Ahead” inaugurated on 25th September 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On September 25, 2018, Minister of State for Communications (Independent Charge) and Minister of State for Railways, Shri Manoj Sinha inaugurated the one-day seminar on “FDI in Telecom Sector: The Way Ahead” at New Delhi. He released a publication titled “Telecom Sector Growth & FDI: A Way Ahead”. It was compiled by FIPP Wing of the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT). FDI in the telecom space is aimed to reach USD 100 billion by 2022. A draft National Digital Communications Policy (NDCP) 2018 is underway to promote new technologies in the sector.
- Name the chairperson of the High Level Advisory Group (HLAG) constituted by Commerce Ministry to look into the challenges of global trade, on 28th September 2018?
1) S Jaishankar
2) Surjit S Bhalla
3) Sanjeev Sanyal
4) Rajiv Bansal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Surjit S Bhalla
On September 28, 2018, the Commerce Ministry Friday said it has constituted a High Level Advisory Group (HLAG) to look into the challenges of global trade. The High Level Advisory Group (HLAG) would be chaired by Surjit S Bhalla, Director of Oxus Research and Investments. Other members would include: former foreign secretary S Jaishankar, Principal Economic Advisor Sanjeev Sanyal. It will meet regularly over the next two months and make recommendations to facilitate the formulation of future trade policies. It would focus on boosting India’s share and importance in global merchandise and services trade and management of bilateral trade relations.
- Who is the chairman of the eight-member Lokpal Search Committee formed by the government on 28thSeptember 2018?
1) Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai
2) A Surya Prakash
3) Arundhati Bhattacharya
4) Justice Sukha Ram Singh Yadav
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai
On September 28, 2018, the Ministry of Personnel announced that the government set up an eight-member Lokpal Search Committee under the Chairmanship of former Supreme Court Judge, Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai. Other members include: Prasar Bharati Chairman A Surya Prakash, former SBI Chief Arundhati Bhattacharya and Justice Sukha Ram Singh Yadav. The panel will recommend the names for the Chairperson and Members of the Lokpal to the Lokpal Selection Committee. The proposed Lokpal will have a chairman and eight members to enquire into offences under the Prevention of Corruption Act against the Prime Minister (with specified safeguards).
- Supreme Court ruled out provisions of Kerala Hindu Places of Public Worship (Authorisation of Entry) Rules, 1965, on 28th September 2018, making which Temple accessible to women of all ages?
1) Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple
2) Ambalapuzha Sri Krishna Temple
3) Guruvayoor Sree Krishna Temple
4) Sabarimala Temple
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sabarimala Temple
On September 28, 2018, a five-judge Constitution bench chaired by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra ruled out the provisions of Kerala Hindu Places of Public Worship (Authorisation of Entry) Rules, 1965, making Sabarimala Temple accessible to women of all ages. The Supreme Court struck it down as it violated the right of Hindu women to practice religion. The bench consisted of comprised Justices R F Nariman, A M Khanwilkar, D Y Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved a _____ dollar loan to establish the first multi-skills park in Madhya Pradesh to boost employment in the state, on 28th September 2018?
1) $150 million
2) $200 million
3) $560 million
4) $300 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) $150 million
On September 28, 2018, Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved a $150 million loan to establish the first multi-skills park in Madhya Pradesh to boost employment in the state. The facilities will help enhance Madhya Pradesh’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system. The new flagship Global Skills Park (GSP) campuswill be established in Bhopal. It will consist of the core advanced training institutes including the Center for Occupational Skills Acquisition and Center for Advanced Agricultural Training. These institutes would provide entrepreneurship, training of trainers, and skill-related research benefitting about 20,000 trainees and trainers.
- Which bank tied-up with MakeMyTrip to launch a range of co-branded credit cards on 28th September 2018?
1) Axis Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Canara Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) ICICI Bank
On September 28, 2018, ICICI Bank ties-up with MakeMyTrip to launch a range of co-branded credit cards. This includes 2 types of credit card – MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card and MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card. These can convert their daily spends on the card to MakeMyTrip ‘MyCash’ as reward currency. The rewards points have the validity of upto one year from the date of issuance and there is no maximum limit for reward points that can be accumulated in ‘MyCash’.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) approved proposal to raise ____ rupees capital support from the central government through preferential issue of equity shares, on 27th September 2018?
1) Rs 5,431 crore
2) Rs 6,890 crore
3) Rs 4,345 crore
4) Rs 2,456 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 5,431 crore
On 27th September 2018, Punjab National Bank (PNB) approved proposal to raise Rs 5,431 crore capital support from the central government through preferential issue of equity shares. The capital infusion of Rs 5,431 crore by the Central government will be through preferential allotment of the bank’s equity shares at a price fixed as per regulation. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had committed capital infusion to banks following his meeting with chiefs of public sector banks, on 25th September 2018.
- Fitch Ratings placed Bank of Baroda’s Viability Rating of _____ to ‘rating watch negative’, following the announcement of merger of Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) BB
On September 28, 2018, post the announcement of merger of Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank, Fitch Ratings ranked BOB’s viability ration to ‘rating watch negative’. It currently stands at ‘BB’. According to Fitch, this reflects the potential negative effects of the merger in the long term. This would risk BoB’s financial position as the merged entity would have larger bad loans.
- Which monument bagged the Differently-abled friendly monument award at the National Tourism Awards 2016-17 ceremony in New Delhi, on 27th September 2018?
1) Taj Mahal
2) Red Fort
3) Qutub Minar
4) Ellora Caves
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Qutub Minar
On 27th September 2018, Union Minister for Tourism (IC), K.J. Alphons, presented the National Tourism Awards 2016-17 on the World Tourism Day, in New Delhi. Some important awards are listed below:
Name of the award Winners Best Heritage City UNESCO World Heritage City Ahmedabad in Gujarat and Mandu in Madhya Pradesh Differently-abled friendly monument Qutub Minar Best Heritage Walk INTACH Heritage Walks Delhi chapter and Indore Heritage Walk Most Innovative & Unique Tourism Product 21 Gun Salute International Vintage Car Really and Concourse Show and ‘Coral Safari’ of Chennai
- Who will be presented the ‘Icons of Indian Cinema’ Award at the closing ceremony of the 9th edition of Jagran Film Festival in Mumbai on 30th September 2018?
1) Akshay Kumar
2) Amitabh Bachchan
3) Pankaj Kapur
4) Shah Rukh Khan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pankaj Kapur
Actor-director Pankaj Kapur will presented the ‘Icons of Indian Cinema’ Award at the closing ceremony of the 9th edition of Jagran Film Festival in Mumbai on 30th September 2018. The Jagran Film Festival started in Delhi on 29th June 2018. It then travelled to: Kanpur, Lucknow, Allahabad, Varanasi, Patna, Dehradun, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Bhopal, Indore, Gorakhpur, Agra, Ludhiana, Hissar, Meerut and Raipur.
- Who was appointed as the Director-General of Border Security Force (BSF) on 27th September 2018?
1) Rajni Kant Mishra
2) S.S. Deswal
3) S B Deo
4) Pranesh Karath
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rajni Kant Mishra
On 27th September 2018, the government appointed Rajni Kant Mishra as the Director-General of Border Security Force (BSF). Rajni Kant Mishra replaces K.K. Sharma. K.K. Sharma is superannuating on 30th September 2018. Rajni Kant Mishra is a 1984 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre. He will be the DG of BSF till 31stAugust 2019. He has been shifted from the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). Special D-G (BSF) S.S. Deswal will replace Rajni Kant Mishra in SSB.
- Where will the 8th Asian Yoga Sports Championship organised by Asian Yoga Federation begin on September 28, 2018?
1) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
2) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
3) Pune, Maharashtra
4) Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
The 8th Asian Yoga Sports Championship organised by Asian Yoga Federation will begin in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala on September 28 2018. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will formally inaugurate the event. Pan-Asian yoga event is being held in the country for the second time. Nearly 450 participants representing 12 Asian countries showcasing their yoga skills will take part in four-day event. The Indian team include 111 yoga exponents, including five Keralites.
- Kavita Mahajan, died in Pune, Maharashtra, on 27th September 2018. She was a _____?
4) Former Supreme Court Judge
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Writer
On 27th September 2018, renowned Marathi writer, novelist and translator Kavita Mahajan, died following pneumonia in Pune, Maharashtra. She was 51 years old. She was born in Nanded, Maharashtra. Some of her popular novels are Brr, Bhinna, etc. She had won Sahitya Akademi translation award in 2011 and Shashikalatai Agashe Award for Children’s Literature in 2013.
- What was the theme of World Rabies Day 2018 celebrated on 28th September 2018?
1) Rabies: Share the message. Save a life
2) Zero by 2030
4) Rabies: Educate. Vaccinate. Eliminate
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rabies: Share the message. Save a life
On 28th September 2018, World Rabies Day was observed all over the world. World Rabies Day is observed every year on 28 September which marks the death anniversary of Louis Pasteur, the French chemist and microbiologist, who developed the first vaccine for rabies. It aims to create awareness about rabies prevention and to share the progress in fighting this disease. Theme: for World Rabies Day 2018 is – “Rabies: Share the message. Save a life”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the CEO and headquarters of Bank Of Baroda?CEO – P.S. Jayakumar; Headquarters – Vadodara, Gujarat
- Who is the director of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi?Randeep Guleria
- Where is Panna National Park located?Madhya Pradesh
- Name the governor of Kerala?Palanisamy Sathasivam
- Who is the Chairman of Prasar Bharati?A Surya Prakash