AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 25 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs September 2018
- Current Affairs August 2018
- Current Affairs July 2018
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where did Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurate Rs 100 crore worth Indian Culinary institute on September 25, 2018?
1) Bengaluru, Karnataka
2) Hyderabad, Telangana
3) Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) None of thseAnswer – 3) Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
On September 25, 2018, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on his visit to Andhra Pradesh inaugurated an Indian Culinary Institute, built by the Ministry of Tourism, in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh. The estimated cost of the project was: Rs. 100 crore and has an area of 14.5 acres.
- Where did Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences and Environment, Forest and Climate change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurate air pollution control device WAYU (Wind Augmentation PurifYing Unit) on September 25, 2018?
1) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) New Delhi
On September 25, 2018, Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences and Environment, Forest and Climate change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated air pollution control device WAYU (Wind Augmentation PurifYing Unit) in New Delhi. This device is meant for traffic junctions at ITO intersection and Mukarba Chowk. It has been developed by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research –National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-NEERI). It is a part of Technology Development Project that is being funded by Department of Science and Technology. The ministry would install 54 more WAYU devices at various traffic intersections across Delhi by 15th of October, 2018.
- Which country has become the only South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) country to have a quit-line number on tobacco products?
2) Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) India
On September 25, 2018, India became the only SAARC country to have a quit-line number on tobacco products. The Quit call number is: ‘1800-11-2356’. Union Health Ministry along with the 85% pictorial warning has involved the number in the packaging of tobacco products from September 1, 2018. India is the 4th such country in Asia after Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia to have a helpline number dedicated for helping people quit tobacco products. Around 46 countries globally have quit line numbers as part of health warning.
- What is the rank of India among 195 countries for investment in health care and education, according to a study by Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation published in The Lancet?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 158
On September 25, 2018, according to a study by Seattle-based Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation published in The Lancet, India ranks 158th in the world for its investments in education and healthcare. Survey was done of 195 countries. According to the survey, Finland tops the list in the two key sectors. India ranked 158th in the world, below countries like Sudan (157th), Azerbaijan, China and Bosnia Herzegovina. Earlier in 1990 India ranked 162nd. It is followed by Namibia at 159th. The United States ranked 27th, while China placed at 44th and Pakistan 164th.
- YES Bank has partnered with which online financial services company for integration of its chat bot based platform YES mPower BOT?
4) Google Pay
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) RupeeBoss.com
On September 25, 2018, YES Bank, India’s fourth largest private sector bank announced its partnership with RupeeBoss.com, an online financial services company. This partnership would enable integration of YES mPower BOT, the Bank’s chat bot based platform. It can be accessed across platforms like the online portal RupeeBoss.com for the customers, Magic Finmart , RupeeBoss Business Associate app etc. It would be used to support instant loan eligibilities for its several loan products. YES BANK would be able to leverage RupeeBoss.com’s wide network of agents and employees to offer the Bank’s asset products to a larger customer base. Hence, it will be able to provide its loan applicants with instant information without needing to know all the details about the customers.
- ICICI Prudential Life inked pact with which bank to offer insurance products, on 18th September 2018?
1) Canara Bank
2) Federal Bank
3) Saraswat Bank
4) DBS Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Saraswat Bank
On September 18, 2018, ICICI Prudential Life inked pact with Saraswat Bank to offer insurance products. This includes 280 branches of Saraswat Bank in Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka. Some of the key protection products include:
• ICICI Pru iProtect Smart,
• ICICI Pru Heart / Cancer Protect,
• ICICI Pru Future Perfect, ICICI Pru Savings Suraksha and
• ICICI Pru Cash Advantage.
- A report of World Bank named ‘A Glass Half Full: The Promise of Regional Trade in South Asia’, has estimated India’s trade in goods with South Asia at _____ dollars?
1) USD 62 billion
2) USD 45 billion
3) USD 34 billion
4) USD 78 billion
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) USD 62 billion
On September 24, 2018, a report of World Bank named ‘A Glass Half Full: The Promise of Regional Trade in South Asia’, India’s trade in goods with South Asia could be at $62 billion and that with Pakistan could be at $37 billion without trade barriers. The present trade amounts to $19 billion with South Asia and $2 billion with Pakistan. This could be improved with:
• Deeper regional trade and connectivity and access to South Asian regions,
• Substituting fossil fuels by cleaner hydropower from Nepal and Bhutan,
• Addressing mutual trust deficits,
• Nontariff barriersand
- PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry Vice President D K Aggarwal has said that, India is expected to have _____ dollars Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow per annum by 2022?
1) USD 200 billion
2) USD 100 billion
3) USD 250 billion
4) USD 300 billion
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) USD 100 billion
On September 25, 2018, according to PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry Vice President D K Aggarwal, India is expected to have USD 100 billion FDI inflow per annum by 2022. There has been an increase in annual inflow from USD 36 billion in 2013-14 to USD 62 billion in 2017-18. Make in India initiative, the GST and better rating in Ease of Doing Business are the keys for better inflows in future.
- Which has become the world’s first country to land 2 robotic rovers MINERVA-II1 Rover-1A and Rover-1B in asteroid Ryugu?
1) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Japan
On September 25, 2018, Japan became the world’s first country to land 2 robotic rovers in asteroid Ryugu. It is also the first man made robot to have landed in an asteroid. The name of the rover that has landed is: MINERVA-II1. The MINERVA-II1 consists of two rovers, Rover-1A and Rover-1B. The rovers were aboard the Hayabusa2 spacecraft. It has been developed by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency.
- Who won the Best FIFA Men’s Player 2018 award in London, England, on 24th September 2018?
1) Luka Modrić
2) Didier Deschamps
3) Thibaut Courtois
4) Mohamed Salah
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Luka Modrić
On 24th September 2018, the Best FIFA Football Awards 2018 ceremony, was held in London, England.
Award Winner The Best FIFA Men’s Player Luka Modrić (Croatia) The Best FIFA Women’s Player Marta (Brazil) The Best FIFA Men’s Coach Didier Deschamps (France) The Best FIFA Women’s Coach Reynald Pedros (France) The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois (Belgium) FIFA Puskás Award Mohamed Salah (Egypt) FIFA Fair Play Award Lennart Thy (Germany) FIFA Fan Award Peru fans FIFA FIFPro World11 2018 David De Gea, Dani Alves, Marcelo, Sergio Ramos, Raphael Varane, Eden Hazard, N’Golo Kante, Luka Modric, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kylian Mbappe, Lionel Messi
- Which Indian player won the Cadet boys singles title in the 2018 Serbia Junior and Cadet Open (table tennis) held in Belgrade, Serbia, from 19 to 23 September 2018?
1) Payas Jain
2) Vishwa Deenadayalan
3) Ram Prasad
4) Samar Khanna
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Payas Jain
From 19 to 23 September 2018, 2018 Serbia Junior and Cadet Open (table tennis) was held in Belgrade, Serbia. Cadet boys singles title was won by Delhi’s Payas Jain. Also, junior girls won the team title. Cadet boys team event title was won by India’s A team: Payas Jain and Vishwa Deenadayalan. Silver medal was won by India’s B team: Divyanish Srivastava and Aadarsh Om Chhetri.
- Where was the 13th International Silesian Women’s Boxing Championships held from 9th to 15th September 2018?
1) Gliwice, Poland
2) Geneva, Switzerland
3) Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Gliwice, Poland
From 9th to 15th September 2018, the 13th International Silesian Women’s Boxing Championships was held in Gliwice, Poland. In the senior category: five-time world champion M C Mary Kom won gold (48kg) medal. Manisha (54kg) won silver medal. India also won 4 bronze medals in the senior category. In the youth competition: former world champion Jyoti Gulia (51kg) won gold medal. She is India’s only boxer to have qualified for Youth Olympic Games in Argentina to be held in October 2018. In the junior competition: India won 13 medals: 6 gold, 6 silver and 1 bronze medal. Gold medals were won by: Bharti (46kg), Tingmila Doungel (48kg), Sandeep Kaur (52kg), Neha (54kg), Arshi Khanam (57kg) and Komal (80kg).
- Jasdev Singh passed away at the age of 87, on 25th September 2018. He was a _____?
2) Former Election Commissioner
3) Cricket commentator
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Cricket commentator
On September 25, 2018, commentator Jasdev Singh passed away at the age of 87. He was primarily a cricket commentator and had started his career in All India Radio in 1955. He was the voice of Indian sports on Doordarshan and was conferred with the Padma Shri in 1985 and the Padma Bhushan in 2008. He had covered 9 editions of Olympics from 1968 to 2000 and was also honoured with the ‘Olympic Order’ in 1988 in Seoul by IOC. He also covered 6 editions each of both Asian Games and Hockey World Cups.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has declared which decade as the “Nelson Mandela Decade of Peace”?
1) 2018 – 2027
2) 2019 – 2028
3) 2020 – 2029
4) 2021 – 2030
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 2019 – 2028
On September 25, 2018, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres declared 2019-2028 as the “Nelson Mandela Decade of Peace” at the UN headquarters in New York. This took place at the Nelson Mandela peace summit honouring the South African leader at the UN. He also unveiled statue of Nelson Mandela at the UN marking the 100th anniversary of Mandela’s birth.
- When was Antyodaya Divas celebrated in India to mark the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya?
1) September 22
2) September 21
3) September 24
4) September 25
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) September 25
On September 25 every year, Antyodaya Divas is organised across the country. It is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya. This year it was celebrated as part of fortnight Swachhata Hi Sewa movement that was launched in September 15, 2018. As a part of this, work will be done on ODF and ODF activities in the villages, depending on the ODF status of the villages.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Papikonda National Park located?Andhra Pradesh
- Name the secretary general and headquarters of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)?Secretary-General – Amjad Hussain B. Sial; Headquarters – Kathmandu, Nepal
- Who is the MD and CEO of ICICI Prudential Life?Mr. N S Kannan
- Name the President and headquarters of World Bank?President – Jim Yong Kim; Headquarters – Washington D.C.
- What is the tag line of YES Bank?Experience our Expertise