AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 23 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs September 2018
- Current Affairs August 2018
- Current Affairs July 2018
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate the Jharsuguda airport (renamed after noted freedom fighter Veer Surendra Sai), on 22nd September 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Odisha
On September 22, 2018, PM Modi visited Odisha. He inaugurated and revived the Talcher Fertilizer Plant located at Talcher, Angul district in Odisha. It will start production in 36 months. It is a Rs 13,000 crore-project that would for the first time see coal being converted into gas for use as a feedstock and for producing neem-coated urea. He inaugurated local Jharsuguda airport (renamed after noted freedom fighter Veer Surendra Sai) worth Rs.210 crores which will work under the regional air connectivity UDAN Scheme. It is the second airport located in Jharsuguda, western Odisha. It has been developed by the Airports Authority of India, in collaboration with Govt. of Odisha with a contribution of Rs. 75 Crores from the State Govt.
- India and which country observed centenary celebrations to commemorate Battle of Haifa on 23rd September 2018?
4) United Kingdom
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Israel
On 23rd September 2018, the Battle of Haifa was commemorated in Israel, Delhi and Jaipur. Centenary celebrations were observed to commemorate 100 years of liberation of Haifa in Israel by the Indian troops in 1918. Indian Army commemorates September 23 as Haifa Day every year. It pays tribute to the two Indian Cavalry Regiments, Mysore and Jodhpur Lancers that helped to liberate Haifa.
- New Development Bank (NDB) of the BRICS announced a _____ dollar loan to Madhya Pradesh for infrastructure projects, on 20th September 2018?
1) USD 525 million
2) USD 634 million
3) USD 456 million
4) USD 768 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) USD 525 million
On September 20, 2018, the New Development Bank (NDB) of the BRICS announced a $525-million loan to Madhya Pradesh for infrastructure projects. The breakup of the loan amount is as follows:
• $350-million loan for the Major District Roads Project II of Madhya Pradesh and
• $175 million for building and upgrading 350 bridges.
2000 km roads of major districts would be rehabilitated through this loan amount and will help in better connectivity.
- Which bank inked a pact on information utility (IU) agreement with National e-Governance Services Ltd (NeSL) to share financial and security information under IBBI (IU) Regulation 2017, on 20th September 2018?
1) Canara Bank
2) Corporation bank
3) Karnataka Bank
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Corporation bank
On September 20, 2018, Corporation bank inked a pact on information utility (IU) agreement with National e-Governance Services Ltd (NeSL) to share financial and security information under IBBI (IU) Regulation 2017.
Under IBBI (IU) Regulation 2017, this would help in:
• Providing data in case of insolvency of the bank,
• Providing proof of borrowing, proof of default and security interest data in respect of NCLT cases.
- Yes Bank paid ______ rupees in fines to the GST department for alleged violations in domestic remittances, on 21st September 2018?
1) Rs 38 crore
2) Rs 70 crore
3) Rs 65 crore
4) Rs 45 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 38 crore
On September 21, 2018, Yes Bank paid Rs 38 crore in fines to the GST department for alleged violations in domestic remittances. Out of this, over Rs 32 crore has been paid to the GST department, while Rs 6 crore has been paid in service tax which has been replaced by GST from July 2017. RBI has asked incumbent CEO Rana Kapoor to step aside by end of January 2019. It is due to the underpayment of tax by the bank and is related to remittances by migrants from urban pockets to their homes in rural areas.
- Which Indian actress has been appointed Goodwill Ambassador for the promotion of Nepal tourism for a term of 4 years?
1) Aishwarya Rai
2) Madhuri Dixit
3) Jaya Prada
4) Hema Malini
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Jaya Prada
Indian actress Jaya Prada has been appointed Goodwill Ambassador for the promotion of Nepal tourism for a term of 4 years.She is also a former Member of Parliament. Her appointment would strengthen the cultural ties between India and Nepal and help promote Nepal’s tourism in India. Nepal government has also decided to observe 2020 as the ‘Visit Nepal Year’.
- Who was appointed the new chairman of the Steel Authority of India on 21st September 2018?
1) Surendra Chaudhary
2) Rohit Chauhan
3) Pradeep Tanvir
4) Anil Kumar Chaudhary
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Anil Kumar Chaudhary
On September 21, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) appointed Anil Kumar Chaudhary as the new chairman of the Steel Authority of India till his superannuation in December, 2020. Presently, he is serving as the Director (Finance) in SAIL. Earlier P K Singh was the chairman of SAIL.
- Name the national compound archery coach who resigned as the national coach following the denial of Dronacharya award, on 21st September 2018?
1) Narendra Prabhu
2) Manish Joshi
3) Jiwanjot Singh Teja
4) Sumit Khanna
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Jiwanjot Singh Teja
On 21st September 2018, national compound archery coach Jiwanjot Singh Teja resigned as the national coach following the denial of Dronacharya award. Jiwanjot Singh Teja’s name was recommended for the Dronacharya award by the Dronacharya award committee. But his name was removed by the sports ministry. Following this incident, Jiwanjot Singh Teja resigned as national coach. He is also chief coach with Punjabi University, Patiala. In 2015, he was the chief coach of the Indian Universities archery team for the World University Games in South Korea. The team missed bronze medal due to a confusion in timing.
- Where will the AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships be held from 13-25 November 2018?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
3) Karachi, Pakistan
4) Dhaka, Bangladesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) New Delhi, India
AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships will be hosted by India from 13-25 November 2018 in New Delhi. All participating countries will arrive in New Delhi before 13 November 2018. The competition will start on 15th November 2018. This championship was last held in India in 2006 and India made its best ever performance that year. India had topped the medal tally with 4 gold, 3 silver and 1 bronze medal. The first edition of AIBA women’s world championship was held in Scranton, Unites States in 2001.
- Who will become the first Indian female to be part of the International Braille Chess Association (IBCA) team at the world chess Olympiad that will be held in Batumi, Georgia, from September 23, 2018?
1) Prathiba Prasad
2) Vaishali Narendra Salavkar
3) Navya Krishnan
4) Anitha Nair
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Vaishali Narendra Salavkar
Blind chess player Vaishali Narendra Salavkar will become the first Indian female to be part of the International Braille Chess Association (IBCA) team at the world chess Olympiad that will be held in Batumi, Georgia, from September 23, 2018. IBCA which is affiliated to FIDE (World Chess Federation) sends its teams to participate at the chess Olympiad. Vaishali is 45 yaers old. She hails from Maharashtra. She is an eight-time national champion. She has an Elo rating of 1,357 points. A total of 7 Indian women chess players are participating in the world chess Olympiad. Malika Handa, is participating as part of the International Chess Committee of Deaf (ICCD) team.
- Which country has joined France in number one position on the FIFA (International Federation of Association Football) rankings released on 20th September 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Belgium
Belgium has joined France in number one position on the FIFA (International Federation of Association Football) rankings released on 20th September 2018. This is the first time in the 25-year history of FIFA rankings, the first spot is shared. Belgium earned two wins, including their first win in the UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Nations League over Iceland in early September to equal France with 1729 points, and has achieved the top position.
Top 5 rankings as per FIFA:
- Kalpana Lajmi passed away in Mumbai on 23rd September 2018. What was her profession?
3) Film maker
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Film maker
On 23rd September 2018, filmmaker Kalpana Lajmi passed after she had suffered from chronic kidney disease and liver failure, in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Kalpana Lajmi was 64 years old. She was a director, producer and screenwriter. She was known for working on real subjects and making women-centric films. Some of her popular films are: Rudaali, Daman, Darmiyaan, etc. She had also written a book titled “Bhupen Hazarika – As I Knew Him.”
- What was the theme for the first International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) that was observed on 23rdSeptember 2018?
1) Sign Language, A bridge for the Visually Challenged!
2) With Sign Language, Everyone is Included!
3) With Signs, Life becomes simpler
4) Sign Changes your life
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) With Sign Language, Everyone is Included!
On 23rd September 2018, the first International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) was observed throughout the world. In 2017, United Nations General Assembly declared 23 September as the International Day of Sign Languages. 23 September was chosen to commemorate the formation of World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) on 23 September 1951. Its create awareness on the importance of sign language in the full realization of human rights of the hearing impaired people. Theme: for International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) 2018: “With Sign Language, Everyone is Included!”. Also, International Week of the Deaf is observed on 24-30 September 2018.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the President and headquarters of New Development Bank (NDB)?President – K.V. Kamath; Headquarters – Shanghai, China
- What is the tagline of Corporation Bank?A Premier Public Sector Bank, Prosperity for all
- Where is Indravati National Park located?Chhattisgarh
- Who is the President of International Braille Chess Association (IBCA)?Jadhav Charudatta
- Name the President of World Federation of the Deaf (WFD)?Mr Colin Allen