AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 22 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs September 2018
- Current Affairs August 2018
- Current Affairs July 2018
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Jharkhand government signed a MoU with which insurance company to provide medical facilities to the people of the state under ”Ayushman Bharat Yojana”, on 21st September 2018?
1) National Insurance Company Ltd
2) Life Insurance Corporation of India
3) General Insurance Company
4) Maxlife Insurance Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) National Insurance Company Ltd
On Sept.21, Jharkhand government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Insurance Company Ltd to provide medical facilities to the people of the state under the Centre’s flagship health scheme” Ayushman Bharat Yojana”. This MoU became quality and timely medical treatment to the citizens. The Scheme will benefit 57 lakh families in the state who will be provided health insurance upto Rs.5 Lakh to get best possible medical treatment.Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch this scheme from Ranchi.
- Which state has become the first State in North East India to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS) developed by the Madras Security Printers?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh becomes the first State in North East India to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS), a solution developed by the Madras Security Printers, a company specializing in system integration and solutions for e-governance projects. Deputy Commissioner (DC) Prince Dhawan introduced the Smart Ration Cards (SRCs). It provides centralized online real-time electronic PDS to improve efficiency in supplying commodities to the beneficiaries. Department of Food & Civil Supplies (DFCS) will be able to use technology to monitor and control their complete supply chain, plan operations, get analytical information and MIS reports and ensure that the citizens are benefited. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) has raised the minimum insurance cover for owner-driver to Rs 15 lakh for a premium of Rs 750 per annum.
- Where was “Naropa Festival” celebrated which concluded with a Guinness World Record by making the “Largest Ladakhi Dance”, on 22nd September 2018?
1) Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
2) Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
3) Aizawl, Mizoram
4) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
On Sept. 22 ,To mark the end of “Naropa Festival” total of 299 women dressed up in traditional Ladakhi wedding attire danced together in Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir, making it to the Guinness World Records and declared the dance performance as the “Largest Ladakhi Dance”. Celebrated every 12th year of the Tibetan calendar, the Naropa festival, also known as the ‘Kumbh Mela of the Himalayas’
- Where will be the 3rd edition of ‘MahaBiz 2018’ International Business Conference held on 12th and 13th October 2018?
2) Abu Dhabi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dubai
The 3rd edition of ‘MahaBiz 2018’ International Business Conference will be held in Dubai on 12th and 13th October 2018. MahaBiz acts as a bridge for business opportunities between Maharashtra and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region. MahaBiz 2018 would act as a common platform for businesses, investors and important government decision makers to share and discuss various opportunities in more than 10 different industry sectors. Over 400 delegates from India, Gulf countries and Africa will participate in MahaBiz 2018.
- Where was the 5th meeting of Nepal-India Boundary Working Group (BWG) held from 19th to 21st September 2018?
1) Kathmandu, Nepal
2) New Delhi, India
3) Mumbai, India
4) Shimla, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Kathmandu, Nepal
India and Nepal have agreed to explore the possibility of using high-resolution satellite images in boundary survey work. This decision was taken during the 5th meeting of Nepal-India Boundary Working Group (BWG) held in Kathmandu from 19th to 21st September 2018. India and Nepal also agreed to continue mapping of No man’s land encroachment and cross-border occupation. Outcome of the 4th meeting of BWG held in Dehradun in 2017 was reviewed and it was observed if the issued guidelines are followed. Work schedule for the remaining field seasons was finalized. Discussion was held on various matters related to the ongoing Nepal-India boundary work.
- Which movie has been selected to represent India in the Best Foreign Language category at the 91st Academy Awards 2019?
2) Village Rockstars
4) Tumhari Sulu
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Village Rockstars
On 21st September 2018, Film Federation of India (FFI) announced that, Assamese movie “Village Rockstars” has been selected to represent India in the Best Foreign Language category at the 91st Academy Awards 2019. This announcement was made by SV Rajendra Singh Babu, Chairman, Selection Committee for Oscar Award, FFI. The 91st Academy Awards will be held on 24th February 2019. “Village Rockstars” features Bhanita Das in the lead role. It was directed by Rima Da. It had won the Best Feature Film trophy at the 65th National Film Awards. It had also received Best Child Artist, Best Location Sound Recordist and Best Editing awards.
- Name the IL&FS Financial Services Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who resigned from his position on 21st September 2018?
1) Ramesh Bawa
2) Krishna Kumar
3) Renu Challu
4) Shhubhalakshmi Panse
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ramesh Bawa
On 21st September 2018, IL&FS Financial Services Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Ramesh Bawa resigned from his position. Ramesh Bawa has resigned from the post of MD and CEO of IL&FS Financial Services following allegations on the IL&FS group regarding defaults in loan payment and corporate governance issues. Four independent directors: Renu Challu, Shhubhalakshmi Panse, Uday Ved and SS Kohli, and non-executive director Vibhav Kapoor have also resigned from the board. IL&FS has around Rs 35,000 crore consolidated debt and IL&FS Financial Services has Rs 17,000 crore of debt.
- Where is Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) setting up a third launch pad to undertake the Gaganyaan manned space flight programme?
1) Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
2) Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh
3) Nagpur, Maharashtra
4) Bengaluru, Karnataka
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh
On Sept 21.The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is setting up a third launch pad at Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh to undertake the Gaganyaan manned space flight programme. The two launch pads were already full. The third launch pad is set up for human space flight. ISRO is inspecting for a location on the western sea coast near Gujarat to set up another launch pad for Small Satellite Launch Vehicles (SSLV). Aim of Mission: To send a three person crew to space for a period of seven days.The spacecraft will be placed in a low earth orbit of 300-400 Km.
- India won silver medal in the Asian Team Snooker Championship held in ______ on 21st September 2018?
1) Doha, Qatar
2) Jakarta, Indonesia
3) Hanoi, Vietnam
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Doha, Qatar
On 21st September 2018, India won silver medal in the Asian Team Snooker Championship in Doha, Qatar. India lost to Pakistan 2-3 in the final of the Asian Team Snooker Championship. Scores:
Pankaj Advani lost to Babar Masih 2-110(81)
Malkeet Singh defeated Muhammad Asif 81(52)-47
Doubles: Pakistan beat India 70-72
Pankaj Advani beat Muhammad Asif 107(68)-5
Malkeet Singh lost to Babar Masih 18-98
- When was World Rose Day or Cancer Free Day observed?
1) September 22
2) September 21
3) September 20
4) September 19
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) September 22
On September 22, Rose Day is observed on all over the world every year who are battling cancer. The purpose of celebrating Rose Day is to make cancer patients become strong to face the disease with spirit and will power. Healthy diet , Avoid smoking and alcohol, Regular exercise ,less sun exposure to sunlight will prevent the cancer.
- Assam government has decided to observe “Rhino Day” on _______?
1) September 25
2) September 22
3) September 23
4) September 21
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) September 22
Assam government has decided to observe September 22 as “Rhino Day”.During the 10th meeting of the State Board for Wildlife Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal expressed the idea to make people aware about the importance of Rhinos. There are approximately 2600 rhinos have been found in Assam and 95 Rhino poachers were arrested followed by 117 in 2017 and 82 in 2018.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the governor of Jharkhand?Draupadi Murmu
- Name the Secretary General of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)?Abdul Latif bin Rashid Al Zayani
- Where is the headquarters of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Ltd (IL&FS)?Mumbai
- Where is Nokrek National Park located?Meghalaya
- Name the Chairman-cum-Managing Director of Coal India Limited?Mr. Anil Kumar Jha