AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 22 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On which river the Department of Biotechnology announced ‘lab on boat’ project for biological analysis?
5. IndusAnswer – 2.Brahmaputra
On 20th September 2017, the Department of Biotechnology announced ‘lab on boat’ project for biological analysis of the Bramhaputra river.
- Where was the VASTRA 2017 – International Textile and Apparel Fair held?
5. Kanpur,Uttar PradeshAnswer – 1. Jaipur, Rajasthan
On 21st – 24th September 2017, VASTRA 2017 – International Textile and Apparel Fair was held at the Jaipur Exhibition & Convention Centre in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Name the first scorpene-class submarine delivered by Mazagon Dock Ltd to Indian Navy, in Mumbai.
1. INS Khanderi
2. INS Aridhaman
3. INS Karanj
4. INS Kalvari
5. INS ShalkiAnswer – 4. INS Kalvari
On 21st September 2017, Mazagon Dock Ltd delivered INS Kalvari, the first scorpene-class submarine to Indian Navy, in Mumbai. INS Kalvari has advanced features like advanced acoustic silencing techniques, low radiated noise levels, hydro-dynamically optimised shape and the ability to launch a crippling attack on the enemy using precision-guided weapons.
- Find out the name of state from India becomes first in the world to operate electric buses at an altitude of 13 thousand feet.
1. Arunachal Pradesh
2. Jammu and Kashmir
3. Himachal Pradesh
5. UttarakhandAnswer – 3. Himachal Pradesh
On 21st September 2017, the Himachal Pradesh government started electric bus service for the first time, in Rohtang Pass. Himachal Pradesh Transport Minister Mr.G.S.Bali and Kullu Deputy Commissioner Mr.Yunus started the bus service on 21st September 2017.
- Name the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs who announced a new Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Policy to improve affordable housing.
1. Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad
2. Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan
3. Mr.Santosh Kumar Gangwar
4. Mr.Hardeep Singh Puri
5. Mr.Alphons KannanthanamAnswer – 4. Mr.Hardeep Singh Puri
On 21st September 2017, the Central Government announced a new Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Policy to improve affordable housing. Under the existing ‘Housing For All’ policy, buyers purchasing a low-end house from a private developer will be eligible for financial help.The ‘Housing For All’ policy has been moving in a very slow rate.
Click here to know all updated List of Cabinet Ministers with their Port folio
- Which IRF signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog) to cooperate in the field of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)?
5. TokyoAnswer – 2. Geneva
On 21st September 2017, The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog) and the International Road Federation, Geneva (IRF Geneva) signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) to cooperate in the field of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).The SoI was signed in order to create a national platform for preparing a National ITS Policy.
- Where was the First e-court of Jammu & Kashmir inaugurated?
5. SrinagarAnswer – 5. Srinagar
On 21st September 2017, Chief Justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court Justice Badar Durrez inaugurated the first e-court of Jammu and Kashmir, in Srinagar.The first paperless e-court of Jammu and Kashmir in Srinagar will function from next week.
- Which government has announced that the transgender community can avail government schemes and it is to be declared ODF by March 2018?
4. Andhra Pradesh
5. KeralaAnswer – 4. Andhra Pradesh
On 21st September 2017, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Mr.Chandrababu Naidu announced that the transgender community can avail government schemes. Also, Andhra Pradesh is to be declared ODF by March 2018. Mr. Chandrababu Naidu announced that, the trans-genders would be provided with housing, ration cards and a pension of 1000 rupees.
- Who has launched a nationwide health campaign to sensitise women about the early screening and the preventive care for cancer on 21st of Sept. 2017?
1. Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey
2. Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani
3. Sushri Uma Bharati
4. Smt. Anupriya Patel
5. Smt. Nirmala SitharamanAnswer – 4. Smt. Anupriya Patel
Union minister Anupriya Patel has launched a nationwide health campaign to sensitise women about the early screening and the preventive care for cancer. It has been launched on 21st of Sept. 2017. The theme of the campaign is ‘Nurturing the Nurturer’ and the campaign was launched by FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) in partnership with the Apollo Hospitals group.
- Which bollywood film becomes India’s official entry in the Foreign Language Film category at the 2018 Oscars?
2. Cities of Sleep
4. Bahubali 2
5. KillaAnswer – 3. Newton
Bollywood film ‘Newton’ becomes India’s official entry in the Foreign Language Film category at the 2018 Oscars. Newton ‘director’ is Amit Masurkar. Rajkummar Rao, who played the lead role in ‘Newton’. It also stars Pankaj Tripathi, Raghubir Yadav and Anjali Patil.
- Which country will host the World Congress in Adolescent Health on October 2017?
1. United States
5. NorwayAnswer – 3.India
India will host the World Congress on Adolescent Health on October. It is the biggest global event in adolescent health this year announced on 21st Sept. 2017.It will be held from October 27-29 and held once in every four years.The 11th World Congress on Adolescent Health, theme is Investing in Adolescent Health the Future is Now.
- Find the name of first joint drills between China and Australia held in China?
1.“Exercise Dragon-Kangaroo 2017”
2. “Exercise Panda-Emu 2017”
3. “Exercise Dragon-Emu 2017”
4. “Exercise Panda-Kangaroo 2017”
5. “Exercise Crane-Kangaroo 2017”Answer – 4. “Exercise Panda-Kangaroo 2017”
As per the defence ministry the small training maneuvers “Exercise Panda-Kangaroo 2017” were the first joint drills between China and Australia held in China.Chinese and Australian soldiers have ended a series of military exercises in the mountainous terrain of southwestern China.
- Which country was holding naval exercises with NATO members called “Dynamic Monarch”?
5. KazakhstanAnswer – 2. Turkey
Turkey was holding naval exercises with NATO members at a time of crisis in relations with several alliance states and controversy over Ankara’s plan to purchase weapons from Russia. The NATO exercises, focused on submarine rescue operations and called “Dynamic Monarch”.It will take place in Turkish waters in the Mediterranean Sea off the resort city of Marmaris.
- How much of rate that Indian economy is expected to grow at a lower than expected rate in 2017-2018 as per OECD?
5. 6.8Answer – 4. 6.7
On 21st September 2017, OECD, a Paris based think tank, announced that Indian economy is expected to grow at a lower than expected rate of 6.7 % in 2017-2018.OECD has said that Indian economy is expected to grow at a lower than expected rate of 6.7% in this fiscal year 2017-2018.The reasons are mapped to demonetisation and the goods and services tax (GST) implementation.
- How much of percent has World trade likely to grow in 2017 according to World Trade Organisation (WTO)?
1. 2.4 %
2. 3.2 %
3. 3.6 %
5. 2.6%Answer – 3. 3.6 %
On 21st September 2017, the revised estimates of World Trade Organisation (WTO) stated that the world trade in goods is estimated to grow at a rate of 3.6 % in 2017. Growth in world trade for 2017 was earlier predicted as 2.4 % by WTO.Now it has been revised to 3.6 %.
- Jaideep Mazumdar declare as the next Ambassador of India to the ______________.
1. Republic of Palau
2. Republic of Congo
3. Republic of Chile
4. Republic of Costa Rica
5. Republic of ChadAnswer – 1. Republic of Palau
Jaideep Mazumdar presently Ambassador of India to the Republic of the Philippines has appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Palau.It was announced on 20th Sept. 2017. He is expected to take up his assignment shortly.
- Who has been elected to member of the managing committee of the Indian Banks Association (IBA), Mumbai on 22nd September 2017?
1. V G Kannan
2. Rashid Jilani
3. O P Bhatt
4. Umesh Chand Asawa
5. Arjun SinghAnswer – 4. Umesh Chand Asawa
Umesh Chand Asawa has been elected to member of the managing committee of the Indian Banks Association (IBA), Mumbai. He is currently the Managing Director & CEO, A.P. Mahesh Co-operative Urban Bank Ltd.
- Who has been appointed as new chairman of NHPC Ltd on 22nd of Sept. 2017?
1. Ajay Tyagi
2. V. Prakash Shetty
3. M. V. Nair
4. K R Kamnath
5. Balraj JoshiAnswer – 5. Balraj Joshi
Balraj Joshi is appointed the Chairman-cum-Managing Director (CMD) of NHPC Ltd. announced on 22nd of Sept. 2017.As per the order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) he will serve till December 31, 2019.At present Balraj Joshi is Technical Director in the organisation.
- Find the university from the following has created the world’s first ‘molecular robot’.
1. Harvard University
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
3. University of Manchester
4. University of Cambridge
5. University of ChicagoAnswer – 3. University of Manchester
Scientists at The University of Manchester have created the world’s first ‘molecular robot’. This robot iscapable of performing basic tasks including building other molecules.The robots operate by carrying out chemical reactions in special solutions which can then be controlled and programmed by scientists to perform the basic tasks.
- Where scientists were discovered an underwater city built by octopuses and named it as ‘Octlantis’?
5. ThailandAnswer – 3. Australia
On 19th September 2017, scientists have discovered an underwater city built by octopuses and named it as ‘Octlantis’, in Australia. It houses 15 octopuses.Octlantis contains dens made from seashells and sand.This underwater city built by octopuses was found near the Australian coast.
- Which company heiress Liliane Bettencourt and the world’s richest woman had passed away at the age of 94 on 21st of Sept. 2017?
5. Mary KayAnswer – 2. Loreal
Liliane Bettencourt, the L’Oréal heiress and the world’s richest woman, had passed away at the age of 94 on 21st of Sept. 2017. L’Oréal chairman and C.E.O. is Jean-Paul Agon. Mrs Bettencourt was ranked the richest woman in the world with a total worth of $39.5 billionby Forbes magazine in 2016, making her the world’s 14th richest person.