AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2019
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Who flags off the bus named “Jaldoot” in Pune, Maharashtra which showcases the importance of water conservation ?
1) Ravi Shankar Prasad
2) Prakash Javadekar
3) Piyush Goyal
4) Harsh Vardhan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Prakash Javadekar
On September 14, 2019 the union minister for environment, forest and climate change Shri Prakash Javadekar (also Information & Broadcasting minister) flagged off a bus named “Jaldoot” in Pune, Maharashtra which showcases the importance of water conservation. This bus which is redesigned to create “Jaldoot: Travelling Exhibition on Jalshakti Abhiyan”, would travel to 8 districts of Maharashtra for 2 months and would also convey to people about the work of govt. in last 100 days, along with bold initiatives and decisions undertaken.
- Name the famous heritage building, which was renovated & inaugurated in National Film Archive of India (NFAI) in Pune, Maharashtra.
1) McCluskieganj Bungalow
2) Chel Bungalow
3) Taljhora Bungalow
4) Jayakar bungalow
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Jayakar Bungalow
On September 15, 2019, Shri Prakash Javadekar, Minister of Information and Broadcasting and Environment, Forest and Climate Change has inaugurated the renovated Jayakar bungalow (a famous heritage building of Pune) at National Film Archive of India (NFAI)in Pune, Maharashtra. The bungalow has been renovated with an outlay of 3 crore rupees.
- Where did Marcin Przydacz, deputy foreign minister of Poland unveiled memorial pillar in memory of refugee Polish families during World War II (WWII) 80 years ago ?
1) Nagpur district, Maharashtra
2) Nashik district, Maharashtra
3) Kolhapur district, Maharashtra
4) Solapur district, Maharashtra
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kolhapur district, Maharashtra
On September 14, 2019, Marcin Przydacz, the deputy foreign minister of Poland unveiled a memorial pillar in Valivade in Kolhapur district of Maharashtra in memory of the 5000 polish refugee families that settled in Valivade during World War II (WWII) 80 years ago. A permanent museum is also expected to be set up within 1 year in memory of the refugees containing Photographs, paintings, and other important materials from that era.
- Which country’s civil servants are trained under special training programme(STP), which is a part of an MoU ‘Training and Capacity Building Programme’ signed with Indian government ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Maldives
India will conduct a two-week special training programme (STP) for 32-member delegation (70% of delegates are women officials) of Maldivian Civil Servants at the Mussoorie (Uttarakhand) and New Delhi from 16 – 28 September 2019.The training drive is a part of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on ‘Training and Capacity Building Programme’ between India’s National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG) and Maldives Civil Service Commission (CSC) signed by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi during his visit to Male ,Maldives in June 2019.During the visit PM also emphasised India’s ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy and affirmed India’s support to the Indian Ocean archipelago for socio-economic development and boosting of democratic and independent organization.
- GSTN was in news recently, what does ‘N’ stands for ______.
1) N – Nation
2) N – Network
3) N – Number
4) N – Neutrality
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) N – Network
N stands for Network. The full form of GSTN is Good and Service Tax Network.
- Who headed the group of ministers of Good and Service Tax Network (GSTN), that notified all the new dealers will have to mandatorily make Aadhaar verification or physical verification from January 1, 2020 ?
1) Giriraj Singh
2) Tej Pratap Yadav
3) Tejashwi Yadav
4) Sushil Kumar Modi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sushil Kumar Modi
On September 14, 2019, The group of ministers of Good and Service Tax Network (GSTN) headed by Sushil Kumar Modi (Bihar deputy chief minister) notified that all the new dealers will have to mandatorily make Aadhaar verification or physical verification from January 1, 2020. This move is aimed to check malpractices in GST.
- Name the External Affairs Minister (EAM) of India, who visited Poland for the first time since 1987 .
1) Manmohan Singh
2) Pranab Mukherjee
3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
4) Salman Khurshid
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
EAM Dr S Jaishankar paid an official visit to Poland from August 28- 29, 2019 on the invitation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland Mr Jacek Czaputowicz (FM). He was received by Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki. It is the first visit of an Indian EAM to Poland since 1987. The visit took place in the backdrop of the 65th anniversary of establishing bilateral relations between Poland and India.EAM officially launched a direct flight services between Warsaw, Poland and New Delhi operated by LOT Polish Airlines, scheduled for September 2019. Deputy Foreign Minister of Poland Marcin Przydacz had travelled on the inaugural flight from Warsaw to Delhi on September 12, 2019.
- Name the IPS officer, who was selected for the 2019 Asia Society Game Changers Award for investigating 2012 Nirbhaya gangrape .
1) Chhaya Sharma
2) Archana Ramasundaram
3) Meera Borwankar
4) Sanjukta Parashar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Chhaya Sharma
On September 13, 2019, the Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Chhaya Sharma who led the investigation of the 2012 Nirbhaya gangrape was selected for the 2019 Asia Society Game Changers Award along with six others by Asia Society, which is a leading educational organization. She has been awarded for redefining the role of female police officers.
- Which country’s school project, “Arcadia Education Project” won the prestigious Aga Khan Architecture Award 2019 in Kajan, the republic of Tatarstan, Russia ?
3) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bangladesh
The Arcadia Education Project in South Kanarchor of Bangladesh has won the prestigious Aga Khan Architecture Award 2019 in Kajan, the republic of Tatarstan, Russia. The novel project is about the construction of a floating school in an area which is underwater during monsoon for the welfare of marginalised children in Bangladesh. The architect of the project was Saif Ul Haque, who designed a school and used only local materials such as bamboo, used tyres and steel drums , local workforce and artisans for constructing the school, which remains on the ground during the dry season and floats when the area is submerged in water during monsoon.
- Who has directed the ‘Gangs Of Wasseypur’, the only Indian film which was listed in the British daily “The Guardian list of the 100 Best Films of the 21st century”?
1) Ram Gopal Varma
2) Karan Johar
3) Vikramaditya Motwane
4) Anurag Kashyap
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Anurag Kashyap
The Indian filmmaker Anurag Kashyap’s film ‘Gangs Of Wasseypur’ released in 2012 featuring Manoj Bajpayee, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Piyush Mishra, and Richa Chadha, became the only Indian film in British daily “The Guardian list of the 100 Best Films of the 21st century”. It claimed the 59th position.
- Who won the men’s singles title in the Myanmar International Series 2019 that held in Yangon, Myanmar ?
1) Utkarsh Arora
2) Kaushal Dharmamer
3) Karono Karono
4) Chong Yee Han
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kaushal Dharmamer
Maharashtra based Indian shuttler Kaushal Dharmamer has won the Myanmar International Series 2019 By defeating Indonesia’s Karono Karono in the men’s singles event. He(Kaushal) also previously won the Hatzor international tournament of Israel in 2018. The Myanmar Badminton Federation (MBF) hosted the first-ever International Series badminton tournament, the “Myanmar International Series 2019” at the National Badminton Stadium in Yangon, the largest city of Myanmar from September 10-15. MBF hosted the event after obtaining permission from the Badminton World Federation(BWF) for the tournament. The total prize money of this tournament was US(United States) $10,000.
- Pankaj Advani is associated with which sport ?
4) Table Tennis
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Billiards
On September 15, 2019, India’s top billiards and snooker player, Pankaj Advani (34) of Bangalore , Karnataka has won the 22nd world title of his career with the fourth consecutive IBSF (International Billiards & Snooker Federation) World Billiards title 2019 in the 150 up format held in Mandalay, Myanmar. This is his fifth title in the last 6 years in the short billiards format. Like 2018, this year too, Advani won the final with 6–2 scores against Nay Thway Oo of Myanmar.
- Name the first Indonesian, who won the Classic Golf and Country Club International Championship 2019 in Nuh, Haryana .
1) Rory Hie
2) George Gandranata
3) Danny James Masrin
4) Kadek Putra
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rory Hie
On September 15, 2019, Indonesian golfer Rory Hie won Classic Golf and Country Club International Championship 2019 and was awarded a cash prize of $300,000 and a trophy. He is also the first Indonesian to win this title. The event was held from September 12-15 at Nuh city in Haryana. Indian golfer Rashid Khan and Korea’s Byungjun Kim secured the second position.
- Which country has won 125 medals and topped the medal tally in the Western Asian Youth and Junior Chess Championships 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) India
Western Asian Youth and Junior Chess Championships 2019 was held from September 6-10, 2019 at Tivoli Grand Resort Hotel, New Delhi. It was organized by Delhi Chess Association (DCA). It was the first edition and was held in 3 formats – standard, rapid, and blitz. India won 125 medals. India finished with 44 gold, 41 silver and 40 bronze medals. Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan followed India.
- Where was the 18th Men’s FIBA (Federation Internationale de Basketball ) World Basketball Championship 2019 held ?
1) Geneva, Switzerland
2) Beijing, China
3) Tokyo, Japan
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Beijing, China
18th Men’s FIBA (Federation Internationale de Basketball ) World Basketball Championship 2019 in the final played Wukesong Sports Arena in Beijing, China.
- Which country won 18th Men’s World Basketball Championship 2019 after 13 years & became the fifth country to win the World Cup 2 times ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Spain
Spain defeated Argentina to win the18th Men’s FIBA (Federation Internationale de Basketball ) World Basketball Championship 2019 in the final played Wukesong Sports Arena in Beijing, China from 31 August 2019 to 15 September 2019. France has won the bronze medal for the second consecutive time after defeating Australia.
- Who topped the International Cricket Council(ICC) Test Rankings for batsmen released on September 16, 2019 ?
1) Steve Smith
2) Kagiso Rabada
3) Pat Cummins
4) Virat Kolhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Steve Smith
The International Cricket Council(ICC) Test Rankings for batsmen released on September 16, 2019, has ranked Indian cricket captain Virat Kolhi at second place with 903 points, which is 34 points behind first positioned Australian cricketer Steve Smith having 937 points. Australia’s Pat Cummins ranked first in the ICC test bowler rankings followed by South Africa’s Kagiso Rabada and India’s Jasprit Bumrah in the second and third place respectively.
- Which country’s cricket team created new record of most consecutive T20I (twenty twenty International) victories after their 12th successive win in T20 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Afghanistan
On September 15, 2019, Afghanistan cricket team created a new record of most consecutive T20I (twenty twenty International) victories after their 12th successive win in T20I during 2019 Bangladesh Tri-Nation Series held at Dhaka, Bangladesh against Bangladesh. Afghanistan broke their own previous record of most consecutive wins (11 wins in T20I) from 2016 to 2017 and now equals Australia with 12 consecutive victories.
- Name the first Indian, first Asian & 44th person in the world to complete ‘Enduroman – Arch to Arc’ triathlon by breaking world record for the shortest completion time in 50 hours and 24 minutes .
1) Arokia Rajiv
2) Mayan Vaid
3) Makhan Singh
4) Sushil Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mayan Vaid
On September 15, 2019, Mayank Vaid became the first Indian and the 44th person to complete Enduroman, a triathlon from England to France which is considered as toughest endurance competition in the world. The event started in Marble Arch, London and ended in Arc de Triomphe, Paris, France. He also broke the world record for the shortest completion time in the ‘Enduroman – Arch to Arc’ triathlon in 50 hours and 24 minutes.
- Who won the men’s singles title in the YONEX Belgian International 2019 ?
1) Ajay Jayaram
2) Sameer Verma
3) Lakshya Sen
4) B. Sai Praneeth
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Lakshya Sen
Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen, aged 18, defeated second seed Victor Svendsen of Denmark and clinched the men’s singles title by 21-14 21-15 in YONEX Belgian International 2019, an annual badminton tournament, was held at Sportoase, Leuven, Belgium from September 11-14, 2019. The total prize money of the tournament was $25,000.
- Who won the women’s singles title in YONEX-SUNRISE Vietnam Open 2019 ?
1) Zhang Shu Xian
2) Zhang Yi Man
3) Asuka Takahashi
4) Della Destiara Haris
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Zhang Yi Man
Zhang Yi Man won women’s singles title in women’s title by defeating Asuka Takahashi of Japan.
- Sourabh Verma was in news recently, he is associated with which sport ?
2) Table Tennis
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Badminton
Sourabh Verma(India) won the men’s singles title.
Category Winner Runner Men’s Singles Sourabh Verma (India) Sun Fei Xiang (China) Women’s Singles Zhang Yi Man (China) Asuka Takahashi (Japan) Men’s Doubles Choi SolGyu & Seo Seung Jae (South Korea) NA Sung Seung & Wang Chan (Korea) Women’s Doubles Della Destiara Haris & Rizki Amelia Pradipta (Indonesia) Huang Jia & Zhang Shu Xian (China) Mixed Doubles Guo Xin Wa & Zhang Shu Xian (China) Lee Jhe-Huei & Hsu Ya Ching (Taiwan)
- Gyorgy Konrad passed away recently, he was a ____________ .
1) Writer and Producer
2) Director and Producer
3) Writer and Sociologist
4) Actor and Writer
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Writer and Sociologist
On September 14, 2019, Gyorgy Konrad, famous writer and sociologist who was also familiar in Hungary’s dissident movement under Communist rule, passed away at the age of 86 in Budapest, the capital of Hungary. Born on April 2, 1933, in Debrecen, eastern Hungary, Konrad’s famous works were 1969 novel “The Case Worker” and 2007 memoir “A Guest in My Own Country: A Hungarian Life”.He was president of the writers’ association PEN International from 1990-1993 and also served as president of the Academy of Arts in Berlin in 1997-2003.
- Name the deceased American historian and Francis Parkman awardee, who was well known for his books on Franklin Roosevelt, Dwight D. Eisenhower and Ulysses Grant .
1) John Marshall
2) Dwight D. Eisenhower
3) Thomas Jefferson
4) Jean Edward Smith
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Jean Edward Smith
On September 14, 2019, Washington (America) born famous historian Jean Edward Smith, known for his books on Franklin Roosevelt, Dwight D. Eisenhower and Ulysses Grant passed away at the age of 86 in Huntington, West Virginia, America, after suffering from Parkinson’s disease. Awards: Born on October 13, 1932, Edward won Francis Parkman award in 2007 for his book on Franklin Roosevelt (32nd American president) named “FDR” as the best book of the year on American history.His final book “The Liberation of Paris,” about how Allied forces drove Nazi occupiers out of Paris in 1944, was published in July 2019.
- What was the theme of International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Caring for all life under the sun”
2) Theme – “32 Years and Healing”
3) Theme – “Keep Cool and Carry On: The Montreal Protocol”
4) Theme – “Ozone and climate: Restored by a world united”
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Theme – “32 Years and Healing”
The International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer by the United Nations (UN) proclaimed in December 19, 1994, is observed annually on September 16 under the resolution A/RES/49/114. This day marks the drafting of the Montreal Protocol under the Vienna convention for the protection of the ozone layer signed by 28 nations in Montreal, Canada on substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer, in 1987. The theme for the year 2019 is “32 Years and Healing”. The year 2019 marked the 25th World Ozone Day celebrations.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Name the river, which is near to Devipatnam Mandal of Andhra Pradesh.Answer – Godavari
13 people died after a boat capsized in Godavari. There were 61 people on the boat among which 50 were tourists and 11 were boat staff. The accident took place near Kacchuluru village in Devipatnam Mandal of the East Godavari district
- Saurabh Chaudhary is associated with which sport ?Answer – Shooting
Asiad gold medallist Saurabh Chaudhary surpassed his own world record score to win the men’s 10m air pistol event at the National Shooting trials. Chaudhary registered a score of 246.8, beating his own finals world record score by a margin of 0.5 points.
- Amba Barwa Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state ?Answer – Maharashtra
- Who is the President of Badminton World Federation (BWF) ?Answer – Poul-Erik Høyer
- What is the Capital and Currency of Maldives ?Answer – Capital: Male & Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa