AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 12 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Samsung has opened world’s largest mobile experience centre in which Indian city?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bengaluru
Samsung has opened world’s largest mobile experience centre at Opera House, Bengaluru. The experiences offered include: virtual reality (VR), artificial intelligence and Internet of Things. Customers can pre-book the home theatre zone at the experience centre for watching movies and shows. It has a service centre for phones and high-speed public Wi-Fi. It also has a home appliance zone. Samsung will put up the biggest display of mobile accessories on a 24-feet wall at the centre.
- The first bus service between which Indian state and Nepal was flagged off on 11th September 2018?
1) Jammu and Kashmir
2) Arunachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bihar
On 11th September 2018, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar flagged off the first bus service between Bihar and Nepal. This bus service will connect Bodh Gaya and Patna in Bihar to Kathmandu and Janakpur in Nepal. This service was commissioned following an agreement between India and Nepal. It aims to promote Buddhist tourism. They are air-conditioned deluxe buses and can accommodate up to 44 passengers per bus. 4 Bihar-Nepal buses connecting Bodhgaya to Kathmandu through Patna, Raxaul and Beerganj have started. 4 buses from Patna to Janakpur through Muzaffarpur and Sitamarhi will be operated.
- Where was the 34th annual convention of Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO) held from 6th to 9thSeptember 2018?
1) Panaji, Goa
2) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
3) Madurai, Tamil Nadu
4) Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO) and Andhra Pradesh tourism department, organised the 34th annual convention of IATO from 6th to 9th September 2018 at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Union Tourism Minister Ashok Chandra Panda will take part in the convention. More than 900 delegates will be participating. Theme of the convention is: ‘Mission: 20 million Tourists by 2020, challenges and possibilities’. IATO will bring out suggestions to enhance tourism in Andhra Pradesh and attract foreign visitors. Objective of the convention is to explore new tourism destinations and developments to enhance global tourism opportunities in Andhra Pradesh.
- Rajasthan government announced what percent reduction in value-added tax (VAT) on petrol and diesel, with effect from 10th September 2018?
1) 2 %
2) 5 %
3) 6 %
4) 4 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 4 %
Rajasthan has announced a 4% reduction in value-added tax (VAT) on petrol and diesel and Andhra Pradesh has announced Rs 2 reduction in VAT on petrol and diesel. On 9th September 2018, Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje announced 4 % reduction in value-added tax (VAT) on petrol and diesel, reducing fuel prices by Rs 2.5 per litre in Rajasthan. VAT on petrol is reduced from 30% to 26% and on diesel from 22% to 18%. This announcement was made at a public meeting in Rawatsar in Hanumangarh district as part of ‘Rajasthan Gaurav Yatra’. The revised rates came into effect from 10th September. This will cost Rajasthan Government Rs 2,000 crore. On 10th September 2018, Andhra Pradesh government announced Rs 2 reduction in VAT on petrol and diesel.
- Where will the 2nd edition of Tamil Nadu government’s ‘Global Investors Meet 2019’, held on January 23-24, 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Chennai
On 10th September 2018, Tamil Nadu Industries Minister M C Sampath announced that, the 2nd edition of Tamil Nadu government’s ‘Global Investors Meet 2019’, an investment promotion programme, will be held in Chennai on January 23-24, 2019. This announcement was made at a roadshow organized to attract investors prior to the ‘Global Investors Meet 2019’. For ‘Global Investors Meet 2019’, Rs. 75 crore has been alloted. The previous edition was held in September 2015.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the revision of price of ethanol on 12th September 2018. Price of ethanol derived from 100% sugarcane juice is increased to ______ rupees per litre?
1) Rs 59.13 per litre
2) Rs 49.67 per litre
3) Rs 67.78 per litre
4) Rs 55.50 per litre
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 59.13 per litre
On September 12, 2018, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval to revise / fix the price of ethanol. This ethanol is derived from B heavy molasses / partial sugarcane juice. Also fixing a higher price for 100% sugarcane juice based ethanol has been approved. This is for the forthcoming sugar season 2018-19 during ethanol supply year from 1st December 2018 to 30th November 2019. This is under Ethanol Blended Petrol Programme. Price of Ethanol (B Molasses) has been fixed to Rs. 52.43 per litre from Rs.47.13 per litre. Price of ethanol derived from 100% sugarcane juice has been increased to Rs.59.13per litre from Rs.47.13 per litre.
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the MoU between India and Malta on cooperation in which field, on 12th September 2018?
1) Space Science
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Tourism
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the MoU between India and Malta on cooperation in the field of Tourism, on 12th September 2018. It includes: Increasing tourist arrivals in both countries, Promoting human resource development in tourism, Promotion of natural and tangible, and intangible cultural heritage and Development of sustainable tourism. The MoU will be signed during the upcoming visit of the Vice President to Malta.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced increase in remuneration for ASHA and Anganwadi workers, with effect from October 2018. Free insurance cover will be provided under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana and _____?
1) Prime Minister Suraksha Bima Yojana
2) Life Cover under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
3) Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana.
4) Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Prime Minister Suraksha Bima Yojana
On September 12, 2018, the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi announced increase in remuneration for ASHA and Anganwadi workers. PM increased remuneration for ASHA and Anganwadi workers; effective from October 2018i. This would be effective from October 2018. The key changes to the remuneration structure are:
• Doubling of routine incentives to ASHA workers,
• Providing free insurance cover under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana and Prime Minister Suraksha Bima Yojana,
• Increase in the honorarium given to Anganwadi workers which will be as follows:
• Those receiving Rs. 3000 would get Rs.4500,
• Those receiving Rs. 2200 would get Rs.3500,
• For or Anganwadi helpers those receiving Rs.1500 would get Rs.2250.
• Anganwadi workers and helpers using techniques such as Common Application Software (ICDS-CAS), would get additional incentives in the range of Rs. 250 to Rs. 500.
- Election Commission announced the withdrawal of the provision of NOTA option from ballet papers for elections to Rajya Sabha and legislative council in states. Expand NOTA?
1) None Of The Above
2) None Of These Apply
3) Not On The Available
4) None Of The Acts
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) None Of The Above
On September 12, 2018, Election Commission announced the withdrawal of the provision of None Of The Above (NOTA) option from ballet papers for elections to Rajya Sabha and legislative council in states. NOTA option removed from Rajya Sabha, Legislative Council polls by Election Commissioni. It would only be available in Lok Sabha and state assembly elections. The NOTA option is applicable only for direct elections and not indirect elections such as the Rajya Sabha polls. This move came after the Supreme court through its 3 member panel headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra rules out the NOTA options in August 21,2018.
- HIV AIDS (prevention and control) Act 2017 has been implemented from September 10, 2018. This act punishes propagation of hatred against the protected person with a minimum jail term of 3 months to a maximum of 2 years and can be fined up to ______ rupees?
1) Rs 2 lakh
2) Rs 1 lakh
3) Rs 3 lakh
4) Rs 5 lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 1 lakh
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has announced that, the HIV AIDS (prevention and control) Act 2017 has been implemented from September 10, 2018. The bill empowers a person living with HIV to report discrimination against them. It punishes propagation of hatred against the protected person with a minimum jail term of 3 months to a maximum of 2 years and can be fined up to 1 lakh rupees. It makes Anti-Retroviral Treatment (ART) a legal right for all HIV/AIDS patients. It has also adopted test and treat policy. It provides for confidentiality of HIV-related information. It mandates state governments to appoint an Ombudsman to inquire into complaints related to the violation of the Act. If a person or an institution fails to comply with any order given by the Ombudsman within the stipulated period of time, they could be fined a maximum of Rs 10,000. A continuous failure could lead to an additional fine of up to Rs 5000 every day until the they comply. It has provisions to safeguard the property rights of HIV positive people.
- Where did India, Iran and Afghanistan held their first tripartite meeting, on September 12, 2018?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Mumbai, India
3) Kabul, Afghanistan
4) Tehran, Iran
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kabul, Afghanistan
On September 12, 2018, India, Iran and Afghanistan held their first tripartite meeting chaired by Afghan Deputy Foreign Minister Hekmat Khalil Karzai in Kabul, Afghanistan. It was aimed to deepen counter-terror cooperation and trade. The meeting focused on discussions about: Economic cooperation, including Chabahar; Enhancing cooperation on counter-terrorism, counter-narcotics, and Continuing support to the peace and reconciliation process led by Afghanistan. The next tripartite meeting has been decided to be held in India in 2019.
- Where was the ASEAN World Economic Forum held from 11th to 13th September 2018?
1) Manilla, Philippines
2) Jakarta, Indonesia
3) Bangkok, Thailand
4) Hanoi, Vietnam
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Hanoi, Vietnam
On September 11, 2018, Asean World Economic Forum commenced in Hanoi, Vietnam. ASEAN World Economic Forum began in Hanoi, Vietnami. The 2018 World Economic Forum on ASEAN is in the context of the 4.0 era themed: “ASEAN 4.0: Entrepreneurship and the Fourth Industrial Revolution.” The ASEAN nations participating in the event are: Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand. Over 1, 000 representatives from 43 countries are set to take part in 53 sessions and 35 discussions over the two days of the event.
- When will the United Nations organise the Climate Summit?
1) September 2019
2) October 2018
3) June 2019
4) August 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) September 2019
United Nations Secretary General António Guterres has announced that a Climate Summit will be held in September 2019. António Guterres appointed Luis Alfonso de Alba, a former Mexican diplomat, as his Special Envoy to lead the preparations for the summit. The summit will focus on sectors that create the most emissions and areas where building resilience could make great difference and offer leaders and partners an opportunity to demonstrate real climate action.
- YES Bank announced that it had raised ____ million through syndicated loan facility, from its IFSC Banking Unit (IBU) in Gujarat International Finance Tec (GIFT) City, on 12th September 2018?
1) $400 million
2) $200 million
3) $100 million
4) $150 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) $400 million
On September 12, 2018, YES Bank announced that it had raised $400 million (Rs. 2,900 crore) via syndicated loan facility, from it’s IFSC Banking Unit (IBU) in Gujarat International Finance Tec (GIFT) City. The loan has been underwritten by a group of 8 mandated Lead Arrangers and book-runners. This comes after the 3 year loan facility tie-up with the 8 firms. They are: Bayerische Landesbank, Commerzbank, CTBC Bank, First Abu Dhabi Bank PJSC, Korea Development Bank, State Bank of India, United Overseas Bank and Westpac Banking Corporation.
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has tied up with which payments technology company for providing banking solutions to unorganized sector especially rural households, small and medium enterprises and women?
3) Financial Software and Systems (FSS)
4) Citrus Pay
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Financial Software and Systems (FSS)
On September 12, 2018, India Post Payments Bank has tied up with Financial Software and Systems (FSS) for providing banking solutions to unorganized sector especially rural households, small and medium enterprises and women. IPPB ties up with FSS to create payments network for unorganized retaili. The product of the tie up is FSS’ Payments-in-a-Box solution which will help provide affordable, quality banking and payment services to its customers digitally.
- Which Insurance company signed an agreement with Central Depository Services (India) to provide group insurance coverage to all eligible demat account holders, on September 12, 2018?
1) Life Insurance Corporation of India
2) General Insurance Corporation
3) United India Insurance
4) National Insurance Company
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Life Insurance Corporation of India
On September 12, 2018, Life Insurance Corporation of India signed an agreement with Central Depository Services (India) to provide group insurance coverage to all eligible demat account holders. The facility will be available to demat account holders between the age of 18 years and 59 years. It will provide a cover of Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakh for any single individual at a very nominal price.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) partnered with which IoT service provider in India for Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, on 12th September 2018?
2) Stay Connected
4) View Net
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Unlimit
On September 12, 2018, State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) inked partnership with Unlimit, the only end-to-end IoT service provider in India for Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. Through this partnership, Unlimit will leverage BSNL’s network to provide its solutions and services across industries. The solutions include: Managed connectivity, Application enabling platform and device management and Advance analytics to customers across industries.
- Which country has replaced Saudi Arabia as India’s largest oil supplier in August 2018, according to Reuters?
2) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Iraq
On September 11, 2018, according to Reuters, Iraq has replaced Saudi Arabia as India’s largest oil supplier in August 2018. Iran remained the third biggest oil supplier to India in August, 2018. Overall India’s monthly oil imports in August rose 3.1 per cent. The US will reimpose sanctions on Iran following its decision in May to withdraw from the 2015 nuclear deal.
- Name the head of the panel formed by SEBI, that has proposed to relax foreign fund ownership rules, on 11thSeptember 2018?
1) R K Gandhi
2) H R Khan
3) Sanjeev Rathore
4) R Deosthale
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) H R Khan
On September 11, 2018, SEBI to relax foreign fund rules initiated a public consultation process for finalising the new guidelines on KYC and beneficial owner identification. This was done on the recommendation of a panel headed by former RBI Deputy (rpt) Deputy Governor H R Khan. According to the recommendations:
• NRIs, OCIs (Overseas Citizens of India) and RIs (Resident Indians) to be allowed to hold non-controlling stake in FPIs
• No restrictions should be imposed to manage non-investing FPIs or Sebi-registered offshore funds,
• Single and aggregate NRI/OCI/RI holding 25% and 50%(respectively) of the assets under management in the FPI can be the constituents of the FPI,
• PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin) should not be subjected to any restrictions,
• Abolition of additional KYC documentation requirements for beneficial owners (BOs) in case of government-related (Category 1) FPIs.
• Entity can be considered “foreign government agency’only if more than 75 per cent ownership entitlement and control is held by the government of a foreign country
FPIs will be given 6 months to comply to new rules and non-compliant investors can be given further 180 days to stop their operations.
- Which organization is awarded the 2018 Balzan Prize for Humanity, Peace and Fraternity among Peoples?
1) Gates Community Fund
2) Infosys Foundation
3) Terre des Hommes
4) Rafale Charity Trust
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Terre des Hommes
On 10th September 2018, Balzan Foundation announced the winners for 2018 Balzan Prizes. Terre des Hommes, an international children rights charity based in Switzerland is awarded the 2018 Balzan Prize for Humanity, Peace and Fraternity among Peoples. Terre des Hommes will receive 1 million Swiss francs (USD 1 million) for a project in Mali, an African country, to save infants during childbirth and help their mothers. Other winners for 2018 Balzan Prize:
• Eva Kondorosi (Hungary/France) – Chemical Ecology
• Detlef Lohse (Deutschland) – Fluid Dynamics
• Jürgen Osterhammel (Germany) – Global History
• Marilyn Strathern (UK) – Social Anthropology
- Who has been appointed as new Managing Director and CEO of HDFC Life, for 3 years with effect from 12thSeptember 2018?
1) Ramya Parameshwar
2) Srikanth Parthasarathy
3) Mandeep Singh
4) Vibha Padalkar
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Vibha Padalkar
HDFC Life, has appointed Vibha Padalkar as its new Managing Director and CEO for 3 years with effect from 12thSeptember 2018. Vibha Padalkar joined HDFC Life in August 2008. She was conferred the ‘CFO-Woman of the year’ award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in 2011. She also received “Excellence in Financial Control, Compliance and Corporate Governance” award by IMA, India in 2013. HDFC Life also appointed Suresh Badami as a Whole-time Director for a period of 3 years with effect from September 17, 2018.
- Which Indian IT firm has signed a 3-year partnership with the Australian Open as its official digital innovation partner?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Infosys
Infosys has signed a 3-year partnership with the Australian Open as its official digital innovation partner. Financial details of the deal were not revealed. Infosys will use technologies like Big Data and Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual and Augmented Reality, to offer a unique experience for fans.
- Padma Bhushan awardee Vijay Shankar Vyas died following a short term illness, in Jaipur, Rajasthan, on 12th September 2018. What was his profession?
1) Genetic scientist
3) Agricultural economist
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Agricultural economist
On 12th September 2018, Padma Bhushan awardee and agricultural economist Vijay Shankar Vyas died following a short term illness, in Jaipur, Rajasthan. VS Vyas was 87 years old. He was the director of the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad, and the Institute of Development Studies (IDS), Jaipur. He was also a senior advisor in the agriculture and rural development department of World Bank. He was a former member of the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council. He had worked with former Prime ministers Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Dr Manmohan Singh. He was a member of the central board of directors of Reserve Bank of India. He was chairperson of the first Rajasthan State planning board.
- When was the International Day for South-South Cooperation observed all over the world?
1) September 10
2) September 11
3) September 12
4) September 13
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) September 12
On 12th September 2018, International Day for South-South Cooperation was observed all over the world. International Day for South-South Cooperation celebrates the economic, social and political developments made by regions and countries in the south. United Nations General Assembly declared 12th September as International Day for South-South Cooperation. This date commemorates the adoption of “Buenos Aires Plan of Action for Promoting and Implementing Technical Cooperation among Developing Countries (BAPA)” by 138 Member States, in 1978. International Day for South-South Cooperation 2018 marks the 40th anniversary of the adoption of Buenos Aires Plan of Action.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the headquarters of EXIM Bank?Mumbai
- Where is Kamlang Wildlife Sanctuary located?Arunachal Pradesh
- What is the tag line of Yes Bank?Experience our Expertise
- Where is the headquarters of ASEA (Association of South East Asian Nations)?Jakarta, Indonesia
- Name the Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)?Vijay Kumar Sharma