Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Veteran Journalist has passed away in New Delhi at the age of 84 due to age related ailments. Who is he?
D.Rajsewak ShrivastavaAnswer – B.Ramsewak Shrivastava
Veteran journalist Ramsewak Shrivastava(84) passed away in New Delhi due to age-related ailments. He had worked with weekly ‘Dinmaan’, DainikJagran, Navbharat Times and Times group
- Indian Squash player rose to which rank in Women’s Ranking in the latest Professional Squash association rankings?
D.12Answer – B.10
In Women’s Ranking Indian squash player Joshna Chinapparose to 10th while Deepika Pallikal remained at 19th in the latest Professional Squash Association (PSA) rankings. Chinappa, who who had slipped to 12th after initially breaking into top-10 in July, has regained the position even as Pallikal held on to the 19th position.
- Who has been honoured with “Tamil Ratna” award by a body of Tamil diaspora here for fighting corruption and working for more transparency?
B.Na. Muthu kumar
D.Prakash SwamyAnswer – C.Subramanian Swamy
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy has been honoured with ‘Tamil Ratna’ award by a body of Tamil diaspora here for fighting corruption and working for more transparency in the functioning of the government.
- Which state has bagged 9th Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016 and which state has bagged Best Horticulture state award at the Agriculture Leadership Summit at New Delhi?
A.Haryana and Odisha
B.Odisha and Haryana
C.Kerala and Tamilnadu
D.Tamilnadu and KeralaAnswer – B.Odisha and Haryana
Odisha bagged 9th Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016 and Haryana has bagged ‘Best Horticulture State’ award for increasing the income of the farmers in horticulture at the National Level gathering of important stake-holders in agriculture development at the Agriculture Leadership Summit at New Delhi.
- Who has been chosen as the “Young Professional of the Year” by Indo American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Houston for their outstanding and tireless work as entrepreneurs?
D.Abezaar S TayabjiAnswer – A.Malisha Patel
Four prominent Indian Americans and three Americans have been awarded by Indo-American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Houston (IACCGH) for their outstanding and tireless work as entrepreneurs and for “building bridges” between India and America.
- Which security firm has launched the first cyber security Index to measure the current cyber threat levels faced by Internet Users?
D.NortonAnswer – B.Kaspersky
The first Cyber security Index launched by Kaspersky Lab to measure the current cyber threat levels faced by Internet users.Kaspersky Lab has worked with B2B International to carry out regular large-scale online surveys in different countries to evaluate how Internet users behave online what their concerns, what issues they face and how they defend themselves against possible threats.
- Which exchange filed for an initial public offering in order to list its shares with markets regulator SEBI?
A.National Stock Exchange
B.Singapore Stock Exchange
C.Bombay Stock Exchange
D.None of the aboveAnswer – C.Bombay Stock Exchange
BSE Ltd, India’s second-biggest stock exchange filed for an initial public offering (IPO) in order to list its shares on larger rival National Stock Exchange (NSE). BSE filed draft papers with markets regulator Sebi to raise an estimated Rs 1,200 crore to Rs 1,300 crore through initial public offering (IPO).
- The Surgeons at John Radcliffe Hospital in the UK used which technology to remove a membrane and restore sight of Bill Beaver for the First time?
D.RoboticAnswer – D.Robotic
The Surgeons at John Radcliffe Hospital in the UK used Robot to remove a membrane and restore sight of Bill Beaver for the first time. He is 70.The Preceyes surgical robot was developed by a Dutch company, a spin-out of Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands.
- Which country has built world’s longest bullet train network length of 2000 kms?
D.ChinaAnswer – D.China
World’s longest bullet train network length of 2000kms established by China Railway. Construction of the line started in December 2012. The line has 9 stations and trains run at a speed of up to 300 kph.China is conducting feasibility study to build the bullet train track between Chennai and New Delhi.
- Which country worked with the South East Asia Region of the World Health Organisation to adopt the resolution?
D.MyanmarAnswer – B.Sri Lanka
WHO regional meeting for South East Asia in Sri Lanka adopted the Colombo Resolution. Sri Lanka worked with The South-East Asia Region of the World Health Organization (WHO-SEARO). It is the first of WHO’s six regional outfits. WHO SEARO provided leadership on health matters and relevant policy options and technical support.
- India gained how many gold medals in ITTF 2016 India Junior and Cadet Open Table Tennis Championships?
D.6Answer – B.4
Manav Thakkar, Varuni Jaiswal and Ishhita Gupta won three singles gold medals, apart from the Junior Boys doubles gold, to lift the sagging morale of the hosts in ITTF 2016 India Junior and Cadet Open Table Tennis Championships. India won four gold medals to Chinese Taipei’s five, including four in team events, to be second on the medal chart. India also won one silver and five bronze medals.
- What is deadline fixed by Tourism Minister to complete ban on use of polythene in all national monuments and tourist destinations?
D.31st OctoberAnswer – B. 2nd October
Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma declared that there would be a complete ban on use of polythene in all national monuments and tourist destinations from 2nd October. InNew Delhi that in an initiative to carry forward the Swachh Bharat Mission, the government chose the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi to impose this ban.
- Union Government has adopted Coast Guard Ship named “Sarathi” in which state in the present of Defence Minister ManoharParrikar by Union Home Minister?
D.OdishaAnswer – B.Goa
Government has adopted a comprehensive and integrated coastal security scheme to strengthen the country’s coastal network, was stated by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh after commissioning Coast Guard ship ‘Sarathi’ in Goa in the presence of Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
- The Union government was organised a two-day BRICS Wellness workshop in which city starting on September 10?
D.BengaluruAnswer – D.Bengaluru
The Union government was organised a two-day BRICS Wellness workshop in Bengaluru starting on September 10. The workshop to be held at Hotel Shangrila will be attended by delegates from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) to explore areas of mutual co-operation.
- Name the train has successfully completed its speed trial in less than 12 hours between Delhi and Mumbai?
D.SuperWay ExpressAnswer – A.Talgo
The Much Awaited Spanish made Talgo train has successfully completed its speed trial in less than 12 hours between national capital Delhi and financial capital Mumbai which is four hours less than the fastest Rajdhani Express.