Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- World suicide Prevention day is celebrated on which date annually to provide worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides?
D.12th SeptemberAnswer – B.10th September
World Suicide Prevention Day is an awareness day observed on September 10th every year. To provide worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides, with various activities around the world.
- Name the famous cricket personality has penned down his life story in an autobiography called as Six Machine?
B.AB De Villiers
D.Ricky PontingAnswer – C.Chris Gayle
A Jamaican cricketer Chris Gayle has penned down his life story in an autobiography called – ‘Six Machine’. His autobiography was published by Viking – Penguin UK. The book was unveiled by Anurag Singh Thakur, President of the BCCI and Virendar Sehwag at a gala event in Delhi, which was organised by Dunamis Sportainment in association with Penguin India.
- Pankaj Arjan Advani became the first cueist from India to win a bronze medal at the Prestigious Sangsom 6 Red Snooker World Championship held in which country?
D.ThailandAnswer – D.Thailand
Pankaj Arjan Advani became the first cueist from India to win a medal at the prestigious Sangsom 6 Red Snooker World Championship held in Bangkok, Thailand as he settled for a bronze after losing the semifinal to Chinese Ding Junhui.
- Which country firm has reportedly developed and tested a radar system that is capale of beating the stealth technology of modern military craft?
D.MalaysiaAnswer – C.China
A Chinese firm has reportedly developed and tested a radar system that is capable of beating the stealth technology of modern military craft. The first Chinese quantum radar was developed by the Intelligent Perception Technology Laboratory of the 14th Institute in CETC. The radar was tested in mid-August.
- Who has been appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of IDBI Asset Management Company?
D.VijayakumarAnswer – B.Dilip Kumar
Dilip Kumar Mandal appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of IDBI Asset Management Company (AMC). Currently he was working as chief general manager & zonal head IDBI Bank, covering the states of Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand, and Bhubaneswar.
- Which Bollywood actress has been appointed as brand ambassador of the ambitious Samajwadi Pension Yojana by Uttar Pradesh government?
D.Aishwarya RaiAnswer – A.Vidya Balan
Bollywood actress Vidya Balan appointed as brand ambassador of the ambitious Samajwadi Pension Yojana by Uttar Pradesh government. Samajwadi Pension Yojana is the pension schemes launched by Uttar Pradesh government on 28th February, 2014.
- Which city has been announced as the cleanest district in the hilly areas of rural India released by rural development minister Narendra Tomar through Cleanliness Index?
D.ShimlaAnswer – A.Mandi
Mandi in Himachal Pradesh is the cleanest district in the hilly areas of rural India whereas Sindhudurg in Maharashtra is the cleanest among districts situated in the plains; according to ‘Swachh Survekshan’ or the Cleanliness Index for Rural India released by rural development minister Narendra Tomar.
- Name the Student’s Registration Module has been started for Indian Students studying abroad so that they can be reached in an emergency?
D.utdad.gov.inAnswer – C.madad.gov.in
Government of India has launched a registration module for them so that they can be reached in an emergency. Student’s Registration Module has been started on madad.gov.in/ for Indian students studying abroad
- Which Chief Minister launched the “CM Scooty Scheme” for college girls to support women in colleges from economically backward to continue their education?
D.Jammu and KashmirAnswer – D.Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti launched the “CM Scooty Scheme” for college girls. The scheme was launched in Srinagar and flagged off with the Chief Minister taking a ride on pillion seat of a scooter CM Scooty scheme
- Which country hosted the IUCN World Conservation congress with the support of the Department of State of the USA?
D.SeychellesAnswer – C.Hawaii
IUCN World Conservation Congress held in the Hawaiian capital, Honolulu is hosted by the State of Hawaiʻi with the support of the Department of State of the USA. IUCN President Zhang Xinsheng officially opened the 6th IUCN World Conservation Congress aiming at conserving the nature, studying innovative approaches of conservation and harnessing the solutions nature offers to global challenges.
- Which University holds the first rank among the top 15 varsities in the world, according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) global university rankings for 2016/2017?
A.MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (MIT)
D.UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGEAnswer – A.MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (MIT)
The National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) have maintained their spots among the top 15 varsities in the world, according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) global university rankings for 2016/2017. Meanwhile, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology emerged top in this year’s global rankings, while Stanford University overtook Harvard University to take second place.
- Which state was awarded with the 45th Skoch Merit Award and Skoch Smart Governance Gold Award 2016 held in Hyderabad?
D.JharkhandAnswer – D.Jharkhand
Jharkhand was awarded with the 45th Skoch Merit Award and Skoch Smart Governance Gold Award, 2016 which was held in Hyderabad. The state clinched the ‘Mukhyamantri Jan Samvad Centre’ award after it came into the top hundred among many ambitious projects presented by different states.
- Name the British Sikh model cum campaigner sporting a six inch long facial hair has entered the Guinness World Records as the youngest female with a beard?
D.Harinam GaurAnswer – B.Harnaam Kaur
Harnaam Kaur, a 24-year-old British Sikh model-cum- campaigner sporting a six-inch-long facial hair has entered the Guinness World Records as the youngest female with a beard. In March, she became the first female with a beard to walk the runway at London Fashion Week.
- Renowned cine actress Jharana Das and renowned dance guru Kishore Kumar Mohanty were honored with the prestigious Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra Award 2016 for lifetime achievement. They belong to which language arts?
D.TeluguAnswer – B.Odia
Renowned Odia cine actress Jharana Das and renowned Odishi dance guru Kishore Kumar Mohanty were honored with the prestigious Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra Award 2016 for lifetime achievement.
- New Development Bank signed a Memorandum of Understanding with which bank to strengthen their cooperation in addressing global infrastructure needs?
B.International Monetary Fund
C.Asian Development Bank
D.Reserve Bank of IndiaAnswer – A.World Bank
World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim and New Development Bank President K.V. Kamath signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to strengthen their cooperation in addressing global infrastructure needs in Washington D.C on Sept. 9, 2016.