AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 9 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council, chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley constituted a group of ministers (GoM) to make the ‘composition scheme’ more attractive and also revisit GST rates on restaurants. Under whom the GoM has been setup?
1. Himanta Biswa Sarma
2. Sushil Kumar Modi
3. Trivendra Singh
4. Sarbananda Sonowal
5. Keshab MahantaAnswer – 1. Himanta Biswa Sarma
October 6, 2017, Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council, chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley constituted a group of ministers (GoM) to make the ‘composition scheme’ more attractive and also revisit GST rates on restaurants.The GoM has been set up under Assam Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma and will submit its report within 2 weeks.
- Where did the International Conference on Dialogue of Civilizations – IV took place?
1. Mumbai & Gujarat
2. Kolkatta & Gujarat
3. Hyderabad & Gujarat
4. Delhi & Gujarat
5. Amritsar & GujaratAnswer – 4. Delhi & Gujarat
Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) in collaboration with National Geographic Society is hosting an international conference on “Dialogue of Civilizations – IV”from 8th – 15th October, 2017 at Delhi, Gandhinagar (in Gujarat) and Dholavira (in Gujarat).
- The first conference of “Dialogue of Civilizations” conference was held in which country?
5. CubaAnswer – 3. Guatemala
First conference of this series was inaugurated in Guatemala in 2013 followed by Turkey in 2014 and China in 2015.Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) in collaboration with National Geographic Society is hosting an international conference on “Dialogue of Civilizations – IV” from 8th – 15th October, 2017 at Delhi, Gandhinagar (in Gujarat) and Dholavira (in Gujarat).
- Which Indian state launched ‘Solar Briefcase’ to provide electricity in remote areas?
1. Uttar Pradesh
4. Madhya Pradesh
5. Andra PradeshAnswer – 2.Uttarakhand
On October 8, 2017, Uttarakhand State Government and a charitable funding agency named Swan Cultural Center and Foundation, launched ‘Solar Briefcase’ in Kedarnath Dham.
- In which part of Kerala, The President Ram Nath Kovind launched Mata Amritanandamayi Math (MAM)’s, ‘Jivamritam’ filtration system, a clean water initiative?
5. WaynadAnswer – 3. Kollam
President Ram Nath Kovind launched Mata Amritanandamayi Math (MAM)’s, ‘Jivamritam’ filtration system, a clean water initiative, in Vallikkavu, Kollam district of Kerala.
- Where is the headquarters of Ministry of Tourism, Kerala located?
5. TrissurAnswer – 2. Thiruvananthapuram
Headquarters – Thiruvananthapuram. The Department of Tourism (Kerala) launched a 3 year long Continuous Tourist Survey (CTS), to increase the growth of tourism in Kerala.
- Why did UGC panel recommend to remove words such as ‘Hindu’ and ‘Muslim’ in names of Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) ?
1. Because they had special concessions for their religion folllowers.
2. Due to caste problem
3. They donot reflect secularity
4. They were given more Prefernces
5. Everybody were not treated equallyAnswer – 3. They donot reflect secularity
The recommendations made by the UGC panel state that,centrally funded universities are secular institutions, but such words related to religion in their names do not reflect their secular character.
- Why did Supreme Court imposed a ban on firecrackers for Diwali in Delhi?
1. To reduce accidents
2. To reduce Pollution
3. To increase awareness
4. To promote Noise-free environment
5. Since its harmfull to healthAnswer – 2. To reduce Pollution
The Supreme Court has banned the sale of firecrackers prior to Diwali. The SC had issued a similar ban in the NCR region in 2016. But it did not have the opportunity to observe the impact on pollution levels. Hence the SC has also ordered that a relevant agency should compute the impact of a noise-and smoke-free festival this year.
- To which African countries did Indian President Ram Nath Kovind made his first foreign trip?
1. SouthAfrica & Morrocco
2. Ethiopia & Algeria
3. Djibouti & Kenya
4. Ethiopia & Tunisia
5. Ethiopia & DjiboutiAnswer – 5. Ethiopia and Djibouti
Indian President Ram Nath Kovind made his first foreign trip as the head of state from 4th – 5th October 2017. He visited two African countries, Ethiopia and Djibouti.
- What is the position of India in the survey of “most valuable nation brand” as per Brand Finance’s Nation Brands 2017 report ?
5. 10thAnswer – 1. 8th
India has ranked as 8th most valuable nation brand as per Brand Finance’s Nation Brands 2017 report. In 2017, India has slipped down by one spot as compared to 2016 ranking.
- Which two countries topped the survey of most valuable nation brand 2017 ?
1. Iceland and Spain
2. China and Russia
3. US and Russia
4. US and China
5. China and JapanAnswer – 4. US and China
US retained its top spot as most valuable nation brand and China occupied the second spot and has been adjudged as fastest growing nation brand in 2017.
- Which two armed forces began their participation in the Pacific Resilience Disaster Response Exercise and Exchange (DREE)?
1. U.S and Bhutan
2. U.S and Myanmar
3. Bangladesh and U.S
4. Bangladesh and Pakistan
5. Pakistan and ChinaAnswer – 3. Bangladesh and U.S
Bangladesh Armed Forces Division and U.S. Army began their participation in the Pacific Resilience Disaster Response Exercise and Exchange (DREE).It is a civil-military disaster preparedness and response initiative between the governments of Bangladesh and US.
- Oman announced that, it has revised the tourist visa for people from India, China and Russia in order to attract more tourists from these countries. What is the specified period of stay after the revision of visa?
1. 25 days
2. 15 days
3. 1 month
4. 2 months
5. 10 daysAnswer – 3. 1 month
The visa will be granted for a period of one month for a fee of 20 Rial. The spouse and children of the visa holder would also be allowed to enter Oman. However, the applicants, must also have a return ticket and confirmed hotel reservation in order to be granted the visa.
- Who is selected for this year’s prestigious Vayalar award ?
1. Anupama Chandrasekhar
2. Jane Austen
3. T D Radhakrishnan
4. Anand Kumar
5. Toni MorrisonAnswer – 3. T D Radhakrishnan
Novelist T D Radhakrishnan’s has been selected for this year’s prestigious Vayalar award. The award will be presented to him on October 27, 2017, the death anniversary of poet and lyricist Vayalar Ramavarma.
- Which Indian state’s Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation was awarded as the best FMCG in the food sector, at the 5th International Advertising Associations (IAA) Leadership Awards, in Mumbai ?
3. Madhya Pradesh
5. JharkhamdAnswer – 1. Gujarat
The Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), was awarded as the best FMCG(Fast Moving Consumer Good) in the food sector, at the 5th International Advertising Associations (IAA) Leadership Awards, in Mumbai.
- Who is the present FADA (Federations of Automobile Dealers Associations ) President?
1. Mukesh Jain
2. Vinay Sanghi
3. K V S Prakash Rao
4. John K Paul
5. HonyAnswer – 4. John K Paul
John K Paul was unanimously re-elected as the President of the Federations of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) for 2017-18, in New Delhi.
- Who is appointed as the MD & CEO of PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Ltd ?
1. Pawan Kumar Baaj
2. Suresh N Patel
3. P S Jayakumar
4. Ashwini Kumar
5. Ashish SrivastavaAnswer – 5. Ashish Srivastava
PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Ltd (PNB MetLife), has appointed Ashish Srivastava as its MD & CEO. He would be responsible for leading all aspects of the business in India.
- Which bollywood star will be the first ever brand ambassador of Lenskart Online eyewear firm?
1. Amitab Bachan
2. Salman Khan
3. Katrina Kaif
4. Priyanka Chopra
5. Amir KhanAnswer – 3. Katrina Kaif
Lenskart announced that, Bollywood actress, Katrina Kaif will be the brand ambassador of Lenskart for the next two years and would feature in the brand’s new campaign.
- What is SS Athenia ?
5. SpaceshipAnswer – 1. Ship
SS Athenia, the first British ship to be sunk during the Second World War was believed to be found, in Ireland.
- Who defeated Australia’s Nick Kyrgios and won the title in the china open tennis 2017?
1. Roger Federer
2. Andre Agassi
3. Rod Laver
4. Raphael Nadal
5. Jimmy ConnorsAnswer – 4. Raphael Nadal
Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal won the men’s singles title at China Open 2017. He defeated Australia’s Nick Kyrgios in the final match.
- What was the profession of Bismoy Kumar Mohanty who recently passes away?
5. ViolinistAnswer – 1. Journalist
Noted journalist Bismoy Kumar Mohanty died due to heart attack at Puri, Odisha.
- On what date The World Post Day is celebrated?
1. October 9
2. October 8
3. October 7
4. October 10
5. October 27Answer – 1. October 9
On 9th October 2017, World Post Day was celebrated all over the world.
- Who has inaugurated first ever conference ‘Implementation of Policies, Schemes and Programmes for Women and Children: Challenges and Way Forward’ of Partner NGOs in New Delhi?
1. Ms.Uma Bharati
2. Ms.Smriti Zubin Irani
3. Ms.Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
4. Ms.Sushma Swaraj
5. Ms.Anupriya PatelAnswer – 3. Ms.Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
The first ever conference of Partner NGOs was held in New Delhi today. The Minister of Women and Child Development, Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi inaugurated the conference titled “Implementation of Policies, Schemes and Programmes for Women and Children: Challenges and Way Forward”. More than 130 participants from various NGOs across the country attended today’s conference aimed at sensitizing them about the various schemes of WCD Ministry and to give them an opportunity to share their experiences and insights.
- Who won the World Open Under-16 Snooker Championship title in the girls category, in Saint Petersburg, Russia?
2. Sneha Chandrasekar
3. Bharati Mahendran
4. Anupama Ramachandran
5. Srilekha ParthasarathyAnswer – 4. Anupama Ramachandran
On 8th October 2017, Anupama Ramachandran of India won the World Open Under-16 Snooker Championship title in the girls category, in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Federation of Billiards Sports of Russia (FBSR) hosted the first ever World Open championships for Under-16 boys and girls.A total of 73 cueists from all over the world participated.
- Where did the Epic world solar car race begin?
5. United StatesAnswer – 1. Australia
2017 World Solar Challenge – the solar car race, began on October 8, 2017 from the northern Australian city of Darwin. In this race, 42 solar cars will cover a distance of 3,000 kms from Northern Australian city of Darwin to southern city of Adelaide.