AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs October 7 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Which state launched ‘Nirman Kusuma’ programme to provide financial assistance for technical education to children of construction workers, on 7th October 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Odisha
On October 7, 2018, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched ‘Nirman Kusuma‘ programme in the state. Its objective is to To provide financial assistance for technical education to children of construction workers. Total cost of the programme borne by the state government is Rs. 1.09 crore that has been deposited to the accounts of the beneficiaries. According to the scheme, the children of the construction workers would get their technical education from Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) and polytechnics. Students from the ITI will get Rs. 23,600 per annum and diploma students would get Rs. 26,300 per annum. The total number of students thus counts to about 1,878 students who would be directly benefitted from the scheme.
- Where will the National Dolphin Research Centre (NDRC), India’s and Asia’s first such centre would be soon opened?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Patna
National Dolphin Research Centre (NDRC), India’s and Asia’s first such centre would be soon opened on the banks of river Ganga river in the Patna University premises, Bihar. The NDRC has been set up to safeguard the endangered Gangetic river dolphin. They are killed in huge numbers for their flesh, fat and oil.
- Where did National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) in collaboration with Haryana government, launched its Centre of Excellence for Internet of Things (CoE – IoT)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Gurugram
On 5th October 2018, National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) in collaboration with Haryana government, launched its Centre of Excellence for Internet of Things (CoE – IoT) at Gurugram, Haryana. The centre was inaugurated by Haryana commerce and industries minister Vipul Goyal. It is a part of a nationwide collaborative initiative involving the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and state governments. It will offer advanced infrastructure facilities to start-ups and encourage co-creation with support from industry experts through NASSCOM programmes.
- Which country is the world’s largest BPM (Business Process Management) base, according to a study published by National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) at the BPM Strategy Summit 2018 in Bengaluru, on 4th October 2018?
2) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) India
On October 4, 2018, inaugurating the 2-day BPM Strategy Summit 2018 in Bengaluru, the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) published its study and stated that Indian BPM industry continues to be the largest in the world. The BPM industry has generated revenue close to $32.5 billion and an employee strength of 1.2 million. It now holds more than a 37% share in global sourcing and is witnessing a 1.7x revenue growth. It is further expected to grow another 8% from USD 154 billion to a projected USD 167 billion in FY18. Indian BPM industry comprises 17,000+ firms that offer a complete range of services.
- Which railway zone became Unmanned Level Crossing (UMLC) Free Zone, eliminating over 1,000 such level crossings, on 6th October 2018?
1) Eastern Railways
2) Central Railways
3) Southern Railways
4) Northern Railways
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Southern Railways
On October 6, 2018, the Southern Railway became Unmanned Level Crossing (UMLC) Free Zone, eliminating over 1,000 such level crossings. This includes : Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram and Chennai Divisions which became UMLC free in the 1st quarter of the present financial year. This was done by the elimination of all 1054 UMLCs by providing alternate routes like provision of subways, the road under bridges etc. In 2010, the Railway Board formulated policy to eliminate all such level crossings for road and rail users.
- India Post released a _____ rupees stamp to honour NGO Narayan Seva Sansthan, on 5th October 2018?
1) Rs. 5
2) Rs. 10
3) Rs. 15
4) Rs. 2
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs. 5
On October 5, 2018, India Post released a Rs. 5 stamp to honour NGO Narayan Seva Sansthan. The logo features the Udaipur based NGO and its polio hospital. The Objective of the launch was to honour and showcase the organisation’s work for differently-abled and underprivileged individuals, physically, socially and economically.
- NASA’s (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Parker Solar Probe has successfully completed a flyby of which planet at a distance of 2,415 km during its first gravity assist from the planet?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Venus
NASA’s (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Parker Solar Probe, the first mission to touch the Sun, has successfully completed a flyby of Venus at a distance of 2,415 km during its first gravity assist from Venus. The gravity assists will help the spacecraft tighten its orbit closer to the Sun during the mission. Detailed data from the flyby will be analysed and the flight operations team will prepare for the remaining 6 Venus gravity assists which will happen during the 7-year mission. Parker Solar Probe was launched on August 12, 2018, on a 7-year journey to study the Sun’s outer atmosphere and its impacts on space weather. This mission will help researchers to improve forecasts of space weather events, which might damage satellites and harm astronauts on orbit, disrupt radio communication, etc.
- India’s Strategic Forces Command successfully test-fired which surface-to-surface indigenously developed nuclear capable missile from a mobile launcher from Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha, on 6thOctober 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Prithvi-II
On 6th October 2018, India’s Strategic Forces Command successfully test-fired Prithvi-II missile from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur near Balasore in Odisha. Prithvi-II is a surface-to-surface indigenously developed nuclear capable missile. It has a strike range of 350 km. It is 9 metres tall and single-stage liquid-fuelled. It is capable of carrying 500 to 1,000 kg of warheads. It is thrusted by liquid propulsion twin engines. It uses advanced inertial guidance system with manoeuvring trajectory to hit its target. The launch activities were performed by specially-formed Strategic Forces Command of the Army. It was monitored by scientists of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Name the cricketer who became the fastest batsman after Donald Bradman to reach 24 Test centuries, on 5thOctober 2018?
1) Virat Kohli
2) Rohit Sharma
3) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
4) R Ashwin
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Virat Kohli
On 5th October 2018, India cricket captain Virat Kohli became the fastest batsman after Donald Bradman to reach 24 Test centuries, on the second day of the first Test match against the West Indies, in Rajkot, Gujarat. Virat Kohli reached his 24th century in his 123rd innings. He has also surpassed Australia’s Steve Smith and has become second person in the list of centurions among active players, behind South Africa’s Hashim Amla.
- Who won the 2018 Japanese Grand Prix on 7th October 2018?
1) Kimi Raikkonen
2) Sebastian Vettel
3) Lewis Hamilton
4) Valterri Bottas
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Lewis Hamilton
On October 7,2018,Four-time Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes won the 2018 Japanese Grand Prix to take a 67-point lead over Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel in the championship title race,who Secured Sixth Position. The victory was the 71st of his career, leaving him only 20 behind the record of seven times world champion Michael Schumacher. Finland’s Valtteri Bottas(Mercedes) secured second place while Verstappen(Red Bull) finished third despite collecting a five-second penalty.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Chilika Lake located?Odisha
- Name the Chairman and President of National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)?Chairman – Mr. Rishad Premji; President – Ms. Debjani Ghosh
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)?Chairman – Dr G. Satheesh Reddy; Headquarters – New Delhi
- Who is the administrator of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)?Jim Bridenstine
- Who is the Governor of Odisha?Prof. Ganeshi Lal