AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 7 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- How many agreements were signed during signed during 14th India-EU Summit in New Delhi?
5. SevenAnswer – 1. Three
Three agreements signed during 14th India-EU Summit in New Delhi on 14th Annual Summit between India and the European Union (EU) was held in New Delhi on October 6, 2017. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with Donald Tusk, President of the European Council and Mr. Jean Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission reviewed the wide-ranging cooperation under the India-EU Strategic Partnership.
- How much The European Investment Bank (EIB) will lend for Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase II Line R6 in first step out of total loan €500 million?
1. €100 million
2. €150 million
3. €200 million
4. €250 million
5. €300 millionAnswer – – 5. €300 million
Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase II will be jointly financed by the European Investment Bank (€500 million) and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (€300 million). The agreement signed today was for first tranche of €300 million. Finance Contract of Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase-2-Line R6 for Euro 300 million out of total loan of Euro 500 million.
- ___________ meeting of the Good and Services Tax (GST) Council was held on October 6, 2017 in New Delhi, under the chairmanship of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
5.24thAnswer – 3. 22nd
22nd meeting of the Good and Services Tax (GST) Council was held on October 6, 2017 in New Delhi, under the chairmanship of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. The council reduced GST rates on specific items and also eased the compliance requirement for Small and Medium Businesses.
- Under whose leadership Central Government has set up to study problems of people near the International Border (IB) and the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir?
3. Veena Nirmal
4. Rina Mitra
5. Anjali ThakurAnswer – 4. Rina Mitra
Central Government has set up a study group to examine the problems being faced by the people residing near the International Border (IB) and the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir. The study group has been formed in the wake of regular cross border firing by Pakistan. The study group will be headed by Rina Mitra (Special Secretary in the Home Ministry).
- Where did the 3-day international exhibition -9th Annual ‘World Dental Show 2017 open?
1. New Delhi
5. MumbaiAnswer – 5.Mumbai
On Oct.6 2017, The 3-day international exhibition -9th Annual ‘World Dental Show 2017’ has opened Bandra-Kurla Complex in Mumbai.It is an integral part of Asia’s biggest dental event. The international exhibitors from China, Germany, Israel, Malaysia, Russian Federation, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkey, UK and US, were participating and about 120 are displaying their latest dental wares in 250 well furnished stalls.
- Which State government has completely banned the usage of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) carry bags in their state?
5. GoaAnswer – 2. Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh Government has completely banned the usage of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) carry bags in their state. The government also banned the manufacture, storage, import, sale, transport and use of such plastic-borne goods.
- Government of India has decided to issue Sovereign Gold Bonds 2017-18. In which year was government announced for first Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme in union budget?
5.2016-2017Answer – 4. 2015-2016
The Sovereign Gold Bonds Scheme was first announced in Union Budget 2015-16. Consequentially, the first tranche was issued in November 2015. Till date, seven tranches of SGBs have been issued and as a result 6,410 kg of gold has been mobilised.
- Which is the first law firm have a plan to open an office at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT)?
1. NSP Associates (INDIA) Private Limited
2. Hewitt Associates India Private Limited
3. Arcop Associates
4. Sysnet Associates Private Limited
5. J Sagar AssociatesAnswer – 5. J Sagar Associates
J Sagar Associates (JSA) is the first law firm have a plan to open an office at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT). The office was inaugurated by Sudhir Mankad – Chairman of GIFT IFSC, along with CEO Ajay Pandey. Several banks, brokers and stock exchanges including the BSE and the National Stock Exchange have set-up their operations in GIFT.
- Which of the following entity launch Chatbot ‘Eazy Connect’,a online customer service through social media?
1. HDFC Life
2. ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
3. Max Life Insurance
4. SBI Life Insurance
5. Tata AIA LifeAnswer – 5. Tata AIA Life
On 5th Oct. 2017 ,Tata AIA Life launches of Chatbot ‘Eazy Connect’ ,a online customer service through social media platform like Facebook Messenger, Twitter DM, Web chat and Whatsapp. This Chatbot service helps to support the customers to resolve the frequent queries by providing 24/7 service.
- Who has been awarded as Germany’s highest civilian honour “Cross of the Order of Merit”?
1. Rajesh Nath
2. Prakash Jain
4. Mahesh Bhatt
5. Jaydeep BarmanAnswer – 1. Rajesh Nath
Rajesh Nath, Managing Director of VDMA India, has been conferred Germany’s Highest Civilian Honour, ‘Cross of the Order of Merit’. VDMA is a German Engineering Federation. ‘Cross of the Order of Merit’ was instituted in year 1951 and is also called Bundesverdienstkreuz or Federal Cross of Merit.
- Which food delivery company has appointed former Olam International executive & former Britannia Industries executive Rahul Bothra as its first chief financial officer (CFO)?
1. Food Panda
5. Faaso’sAnswer – 3. Swiggy
Food delivery company Swiggy has appointed former Olam International executive & former Britannia Industries executive Rahul Bothra as its first chief financial officer (CFO).Rahul Bothra was worked in Singapore and Brazil with agri-business company Olam in various roles including CFO.
- Who has been appointed by Supreme Court as amicus on a plea seeking re-probe of Mahatma Gandhi murder?
1. Ashish Tripathi
2. Kallol Banerjee
3. Sheldon D’souza
4. Amrender Sharan
5. Chintan GoradiaAnswer – 4. Amrender Sharan
On October 6, 2017, Supreme Court appointed senior advocate and former additional solicitor general Amrender Sharan as amicus curiae on a petition seeking re-probe into the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Which Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. has acquired 100 per cent stake in two media entities, 9X Media and INX Music for Rs 160-crore?
1. TV 18
2. Zee Entertainment
3. Nimbus Communications Limited
4. Fox 21 Television Studios
5. Star IndiaAnswer – 2. zee Entertainment
Zee Entertainment has acquired 100 per cent stake in two media entities, 9X Media and INX Music for Rs 160-crore.The 9X Media operates five music channels- 9XM (Hindi), 9X Jalwa (Hindi), 9X Jhakkas (Marathi), 9XO (English) and 9X Bajao (Hindi). ZEEL will acquire 91,453,000 equity shares of Rs 10 each of 9X Media for a consideration of Rs 155.20 crore.
- China approves HP’s $1.1 bn buy of _______ printer business.
5. Sony prideAnswer – 4. Samsung
China has approved HP Inc’s $1.1 billion purchase of Samsung Electronics’ printer business with certain restrictions and concerns about the U.S. firm’s dominance in the laser printer market.
- Which of the following is India’s First Portal dedicated to Para-sports?
5. theSportspara.comAnswer – 1. thenationspride.com
‘thenationspride.com’, India’s First Portal Dedicated to Para-sports was launched on October 6, 2017. This platform has been launched to create awareness about para-sports and provide a platform to para sportspersons to share their success stories against adversities.
- Where Snow Leopard was clicked first time in India?
1. Himachal Pradesh
3. Arunachala Pradesh
5. SikkimAnswer – 3. Arunachala Pradesh
On October 5th 2017,The Snow Leopard has been clicked first time in India at Thembang village’s Community Conserved Area, a community-owned reserve, in West Kameng district, Arunachala Pradesh.
- Who won all-around title at world gymnastics championships on 6th Oct. 2017?
1. Elena Eremina
2. Ellie Black
3. Andrea Evert
4. Morgan Hurd
5. Angelic kerberAnswer – 4. Morgan Hurd
On Oct.6th 2017,Morgan Hurd from America won the women’s all-around title in world gymnastics championships at Montreal’s Olympic Stadium.
- National Award-winner Kundan Shah has died at his age of 69.Who is he?
5. Camera manAnswer – 1. Director
On 7th October 2017, National Award-winning director Kundan Shah died at his age of 69 due to heart attack. Kundan Shah received his first and only National Award — Indira Gandhi Award for Best First Film of a Director.He went to the small screen by directed television shows like ‘Nukkad’ and ‘Wagle Ki Duniya’.