Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- In which place, Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first edition of World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS)?
D.HyderabadAnswer – C.New Delhi
President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first edition of World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) in New Delhi on October 6, 2016. It is organised by TERI with emphasis on the need to limit the rise of climate change. The theme is “Beyond 2015: People, Planet and Progress”.
- What is the name of the photo-biography on Mahatma Gandhi which was launched by Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma in New Delhi?
A.Mahatma – Gandhi’s Life in Struggle
B.Mahatma – Gandhi’s Life in Trouble
C.Mahatma – Gandhi’s Life in Courage
D.Mahatma – Gandhi’s Life in ColourAnswer – D.Mahatma – Gandhi’s Life in Colour
The photo-biography on Mahatma Gandhi titled “Mahatma – Gandhi’s Life in Colour” launched by Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma in New Delhi. It contains 692-pages and published by Gandhi Serve India. Another book titled “Untouchability No More” was also released by Mahesh Sharma.
- Who has clinched the gold medal at the inaugural Asian billiards 2016, defeating Aung Htay (Myanmar) in the final of the billiards?
D.Ashok ShandilyaAnswer – C.Siddharth Parikh
World No. 3 Siddharth Parikh clinched the gold medal at the inaugural Asian billiards 2016, defeating Aung Htay (Myanmar) 4-2 (26-100, 2-100(90), 100(88)-21, 100-47, 100(63)-60, 100(61)-60) in the final of the billiards.
- What is the name of new species of fish which is found in Kerala waters by a team of CMFRI scientists led by E M Abdus samad?
D.Seagner AmandusAnswer – A.Scomber Indicus
A new species of fish named Scomber Indicus in Kerala waters by a team of CMFRI (Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute) scientists led by E M Abdussamad. The fish is called ‘pulli ayala’ or ‘pulli thiriyan’ by the local fisherm.
- What is the name of India’s latest communication satellite was successfully launched from Kourou, Guiana?
D.GSAT-8Answer – B.GSAT-18
India’s latest communication satellite GSAT-18 was successfully launched by a heavy duty rocket of Ariane space from the spaceport of Kourou in French Guiana. Weighing 3404 kg at lift-off, GSAT-18 carries 48 communication transponders to provide Services in Normal C-band, Upper Extended C-band and Ku bands of the frequency spectrum.
- Who has been appointed as the new chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT) till May 2017 by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet?
D.Mukesh SohailAnswer – A.Sushil Chandra
Indian Revenue Service officer Sushil Chandra has been appointed as the new chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT) till May 2017 by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet. He will replace Rani Singh Nair, who will retire on October 31.
- Who has been appointed as Chairman and CEO of Jammu and Kashmir Bank for a period of three years on October 6, 2016?
D.Parvez AhmedAnswer – D.Parvez Ahmed
Parvez Ahmed was appointed as Chairman and CEO of Jammu and Kashmir Bank for a period of three years on October 6, 2016. He is the succeedor of Mustaq Ahmad who will be retired on October 5.
- Which Indian NGO has bagged the UN climate award 2016 for clean energy project?
A.Swayam Subikshan Prayo
B.Swaram Shimshan Prayog
C.Swayam Shikshan Prayog
D.Swaram Subikshan PrayogAnswer- C.Swayam Shikshan Prayog
Swayam Shikshan Prayog has bagged the UN climate award 2016 for clean energy project. The NGO trains women to become clean energy entrepreneurs across Maharashtra and Bihar. It is one of the 13 projects to be recognised at the forthcoming UN climate summit in Marrakesh in November.
- What is the name of pan India electronic portal to provide transparent and profitable trade facilities to farmers and buyers?
D.e-SAMAnswer – A.e-NAM
The BJP-led Centre had integrated 250 mandis in 10 states in the first phase of its ambitious electronic national agriculture market (e-NAM), established to provide transparent and profitable trade facilities to farmers and buyers. E-NAM is a pan India electronic portal for sale and purchase of agricultural product so that farmers get better prices of their produce.
- Which limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Houston (USA) in presence of Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of State (I/C), Petroleum & Natural Gas?
D.NLCAnswer – A.OIL
Oil India (OIL) has signed MoU with the University of Houston (USA) in presence of Sh. Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of State (I/C), Petroleum & Natural Gas. The objective of the MoU is to collaborate in the fields of Improved Oil Recovery & Enhanced Oil Recovery for production enhancement from matured fields, seismic interpretation & reservoir characterisation studies, improvement of drilling and well intervention practices and unconventional hydrocarbon studies.
- Which Financial Services Company rolled out Selfie Pay app for the use of facial biometrics for payment authentication?
D.RupayAnswer – C.Master Card
Financial services company Master Card rolled out Selfie Pay app in Europe. This app will use facial biometrics for payment authentication. It will supports both selfies and fingerprint biometrics, offering users a choice of authenticating a mobile payment at the point of purchase.
- Which country has became the first country in the world to completely ban disposable plastic cups, plates and other utensils?
D.IrelandAnswer – A.France
With the passage of a new law, which was aimed at combating climate change, France has become the first country in the world to completely ban disposable plastic cups, plates and other utensils. By 2020, all single-use cutleries would have to be made out of biologically-sourced materials that could be composted, under a recently enacted French law.
- Which professional Indian mountaineer, scaled the world’s sixth highest mountain Cho Oyu which is located in the China – Nepal border?
D.Arjun VajpaiAnswer – D.Arjun Vajpai
Arjun Vajpai, the professional Indian mountaineer, scaled the world’s sixth highest mountain Cho Oyu. The mountain is located on the China-Nepal border at an altitude of 8188 meters above the sea level. The 23-year-old reached the summit before dawn along with his sherpas and another expedition member after leaving from Camp 3 post midnight.
- How much amount funded for Heritage Infrastructure projects which was led by the Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu, Minister of Urban Development?
A.Rs. 200 crore
B.Rs. 350 crore
C.Rs. 250 crore
D.Rs. 450 croreAnswer – B.Rs. 350 crore
Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu, Minister of Urban Development inaugurated a two day conference on Heritage Cities. The conference is being jointly organised by Ministry of Urban Development and Indian Heritage Cities Network (IHCN). According to Mr. Naidu, Heritage Infrastructure projects worth Rs. 350 cr approved.
- Which state signed a MoU with the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology for skill development of local people?
D.GoaAnswer – B.Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh government signed a MoU with the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology for skill development of local people in presence of Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu in New Delhi. It will facilitate development of skill to 1,600 people of Arunachal Pradesh in the first of a four year project under a scheme for ‘Skill Development in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) Sector’.
- In which place, Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval to M/s HLL Lifecare Ltd, to sublease 330.10 acres of government land for setuping Medi park?
A.Visakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
D.Chengalpattu, Tamil NaduAnswer – D.Chengalpattu, Tamil Nadu
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval to M/s HLL Lifecare Ltd, to sublease 330.10acres of government land at Chengalpattu, Tamil Nadu, to setup a medical devices manufacturing park (Medipark) through a Special Purpose Vehicle.
- Which Chief Minister inaugurated 100 urban piped drinking water supply projects, with an objective to provide safe drinking water to every family?
D.JayalalithaAnswer – A.Naveen Patnaik
The projects dedicated will cater to the needs of around 2 lakh people, the 100 proposed schemes will ensure safe water for lakhs of people in urban areas in the coming days. He also launched two new systems-Online Smart Water Information Management (OSWIM) and e-Building Pass for the best water facility to the urbans.
- India signed three agreements with which country on Mutual Visa Exemption return in New Delhi on October 6th 2016?
D.SwitzerlandAnswer – D.Switzerland
Explanation: The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh met the visiting Minister for Justice and Police of Swiss Confederation, Ms. Simonetta Sommarug in New Delhi on October 6, 2016.
- What is the significance of India to host first AMCDRR after Sendai Framework in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)?
A.Minimise of Global Warming
B.Minimal usage of Carbon
C.Minimise the risk of loss of life during natural calamity
D.All the aboveAnswer – C.Minimise the risk of loss of life during natural calamity
Explanation: In order to minimise the risk of loss of life and damage to property during natural calamity like earthquake, tsunami and floods, India would be hosting going to host the Asian Ministerial Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) next month in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR).
- Typhcoon chaba battered which of the following country ?
D.North KoreaAnswer – A. South Korea
At least six people have been killed after Typhoon Chaba battered South Korea with strong winds and heavy rain.The typhoon is now heading for Japan