AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs October 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2019
- Current Affairs September 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs October 4 2019
- Which has became the first state in India to launch the ‘Policy on Pneumoconiosis Detection, Prevention, Control and Rehabilitation’ ?
1) Madhya Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Rajasthan
On October 3, 2019, Chief Minister of Rajasthan Mr Ashok Gehlot launched ‘Policy on Pneumoconiosis Detection, Prevention, Control and Rehabilitation’. With this, Rajasthan became the first state in India to launch such a policy and in January 2015, it had became the first Indian state to notify Pneumoconiosis as an epidemic. Pneumoconiosis is a disease of the lungs due to inhalation of dust, characterized by inflammation, coughing, and fibrosis.
- Under which act, people having pneumoconiosis will be declared permanently disabled & entitled to receive a pension of up to Rs 1,250 per month in Rajasthan ?
1) Persons with Disability Act, 1991
2) Persons with Disability Act, 1992
3) Persons with Disability Act, 1994
4) Persons with Disability Act, 1995
5) None of theseAnswer- 4) Persons with Disability Act, 1995
People having pneumoconiosis will be declared permanently disabled, and all benefits under the Persons with Disability Act, 1995, will be accrued to them and their families. Pension: They are entitled to receive a pension – up to Rs 1,250 per month under social justice and empowerment department. Family pension: Rs 3500 per month will be provided to the legal heir or dependent for 5 years or till the child becomes self dependent, whichever is later.
- Which health department of India was redesignated as the World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Centre for Priority Medical Devices and Health Technology Policy after India has collaborated with the WHO ?
1) Rajiv Gandhi Health Systems Resource Centre(RGDSRC)
2) Public Health Foundation of India(PHFI)
3) National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC)
4) Indira Gandhi National Health Systems Resource Centre(IGNHSRC)
5) None of theseAnswer- 3) National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC)
The National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) was redesignated as the World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Centre for Priority Medical Devices and Health Technology Policy. It was announced by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) of Government of India in collaboration with the WHO.
- In order to pay tribute to which spiritual leader, Lohian Khas New Delhi Intercity Express was renamed as ‘Sarbat Da Bhala Express’ recently ?
1) Guru Nanak Dev
2) Guru Arjan
3) Guru Tegh Bahadur
4) Guru Gobind Singh
5) None of theseAnswer- 1) Guru Nanak Dev
On October 4, 2019, Railway Minister Mr Piyush Goyal flagged off the newly renamed ‘Sarbat Da Bhala Express’ at New Delhi Railway station along with the Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Minister for Food Processing Industries, Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal . It was previously called Lohian Khas-New Delhi Intercity Express or New Delhi-Ludhiana Intercity Express and was renamed as a tribute to Guru Nanak Dev on the occasion of the 550th birth anniversary celebrations (November 12, 2019).
- Which state has launched the first of its kind Village Secretariat system in India which act as a bridge between the government and the people by rendering over 500 types of services at their doorstep ?
2) Andhra Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy of Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP) launched the first of its kind Village Secretariat system at Karapa village near Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh. It has set up village and ward secretariats which act as a bridge between the government and the people by rendering over 500 types of services at their doorstep.
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Metro Express and new ENT(ears, nose and throat) Hospital through a video link along with the corresponding country’s Prime Minister ?
5) None of theseAnswer- 4) Mauritius
On October 3, 2019 the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Mauritius Pravind Jugnauth, jointly inaugurated the phase 1 of Metro Express and new ENT(ears, nose and throat) Hospital in Mauritius through a video link. This ENT hospital is also the first paperless E-Hospital in Mauritius.
- Who heads the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), which announced its 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Rates for 2019-20 ?
1) Bibhu Prasad Kanungo
2) Narendra Modi
3) Shaktikanta Das
4) Nirmala Sitharaman
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Shaktikanta Das
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced its 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Rates for 2019-20. The three-day policy review meeting held on October 1, 3, 4 of 2019 consisting of 6 members of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) was headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das.
- What is the repo rate as per the 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy statement for FY 20 ?
5) None of theseAnswer- 1) 5.15%
Explanation:Repo Rate was reduced by 25 basis points to 5.15% from 5.40% with immediate effect.
Policy Rates under Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) Repo Rate 5.15% Reverse Repo Rate 4.90% Marginal standing facility (MSF) Rate 5.40% Bank Rate 5.40%
- What is the Gross domestic product (GDP) growth of India for the year 2019-20 as per Reserve Bank of India(RBI) ?
5) None of theseAnswer-2) 6.1%
Explanation:GDP for 2019-20 was predicted at 6.1% from 6.9%.
GDP Prediction GDP for 2019-20 6.1% (from 6.9%) Q2:2019-20 5.3% H2:2019-20 6.6-7.2% Q1:2020-21 7.2%
- What is the new household income limit for borrowers of Non-Banking Financial Company-Micro Finance Institution (NBFC-MFIs) for rural areas ?
1) Rs 1.50 lakh
2) Rs 1.75 lakh
3) Rs 1 lakh
4) Rs 1.25 lakh
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Rs 1.25 lakh
The household income limit for borrowers of Non-Banking Financial Company-Micro Finance Institution (NBFC-MFIs) has been increased from the current level of Rs 1.00 lakh for rural areas and Rs 1.60 lakh for urban/semi urban areas to Rs 1.25 lakh and Rs 2.00 lakh, respectively. The lending limit per eligible borrower has been raised from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 1.25 lakh.
- Who headed the Task Force that examine issues related to offshore rupee markets and recommended policy measures to ensure the stability of the external value of the domestic currency ?
1) R Gandhi
2) Nandan Nilekani
3) Usha Thorat
4) Shyamala Gopinath
5) None of theseAnswer- 3) Usha Thorat
Recommendations of the Task Force on Offshore Rupee Markets headed by Smt. Usha Thorat were accepted. Domestic banks will be allowed to freely offer foreign exchange prices to non-residents at all times, out of their Indian books, either by a domestic sales team or through their overseas branches. Rupee derivatives (with settlement in foreign currency) will be allowed to be traded in International Financial Services Centres (IFSCs).
- Expand SNRR ?
1) Special Non-resident Rupee (SNRR) Account
2) Special Non-Reliable Rupee (SNRR) Account
3) Subsidised Non-Reliable Rupee (SNRR) Account
4) Subsidised Non-resident Rupee (SNRR) Account
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Special Non-resident Rupee (SNRR) Account
The full form of SNRR is Special Non-resident Rupee (SNRR) Account.
- What is the interest rate on House Building Advance (HBA), which is reduced from 8.5% for all permanent Central and State Government employees ?
5) None of theseAnswer-2) 7.9%
To overcome the sluggishness of the real estate sector & boost housing demand, the government has reduced the interest rate on House Building Advance (HBA) from 8.5% to 7.9% for one year.
- Which bank has launched ‘UCash’, that allows its customers to withdraw money from ATMs (Automated Teller Machine) through mobile banking services without using debit card ?
1) United Overseas Bank
2) United Bank Of India
3) Union Bank Of India
4) UCO Bank
5) None of theseAnswer-4) UCO Bank
A major government-owned commercial bank of India, UCO Bank’s (United Commercial Bank) managing director (MD) and CEO, A K Goel has launched three new digital products called , UCash, Digilocker and an app in Kolkata,West Bengal.A new current account facility has also been launched by the bank.UCash : It allows the UCO bank Customers to withdraw money from ATMs (Automated Teller Machine) through mobile banking services without using debit card.
- Name the award that presented to honour an senior citizens and institutions for their services towards the cause of the elderly persons as a commemoration of ‘International Day of older Persons’ ?
1) Jeevan Raksha Padak
2) Parakram Padak
3) Vayoshreshtha Samman
4) Kabir Puraskar Award
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Vayoshreshtha Samman
On October 3, 2019 the president of India Shri Ram NathKovind presented “VayoshreshthaSamman – 2019” in New Delhi, as an honour to senior citizens and institutions for their services towards the cause of the elderly persons to mark the October 1 annual commemoration of ‘International Day of older Persons’, at a function organised by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment presided by Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri ThaawarchandGehlot.
- Who was awarded with “Centenarian Award”, which is given to individuals above ninety years and are still physically active, independent and contributing to the society ?
1) Ishwar chandra Chintamani
2) Urmila Sharma
3) Sharada Yashwant Date
4) Chhajuram Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Ishwar chandra Chintamani
Explanation:Ishwar chandra Chintamani was awarded with “Centenarian Award”, which is given to individuals above ninety years and are still physically active, independent and contributing to the society.
Category Awarded to Awarded for Award details Centenarian Award Shri Ishwar chandra Chintamani(93 years) Awarded to individuals above ninety years and are still physically active, independent and contributing to the society The award carries a citation, memento and a cash award of Rs.2.5 lakhs. Iconic Mother Award Ms. Sharada Yashwant Date
Ms. Urmila Sharma
Awarded to women senior citizens who in the face of great odds, brought up their children and supported them in being high achievers in the field of their choice. The award carries a citation, memento and a cash award of Rs.2.5 lakhs. Lifetime Achievement Award Shri Chhajuram Sharma Awarded to senior citizens, preferably above seventy years, who have worked in the field of ageing and made significant contribution in the field. The award carries a citation, memento and a cash award of Rs.2.5 lakhs.
- Who won the 10th Edition of India Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2019 ?
1) Achyuta Samanta & Baba Kalyani
2) Shanti Raghavan & Dipesh Sutariya
3) Achyuta Samanta & Dipesh Sutariya
4) Anil Agarwal & Achyuta Samanta
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Shanti Raghavan & Dipesh Sutariya
Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (IC) of Civil Aviation, Housing and Urban Affairs and Minister of State of Commerce and Industry of India presented the 10th Edition of India Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2019 to Shanti Raghavan & Dipesh Sutariya of EnAble India alongside the 33rd India Economic Summit for 2019 in New Delhi for building an ecosystem of skilling, employment and entrepreneurship for persons with disabilities (PwDs).
- Name the app launched by Yogendra Tripathi for 12 sites of India inclusive of iconic sites, for benefiting tourists ?
1) Go & Tour
2) Promote Tourism
3) Tourist Odigos
4) Audio Odigos
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Audio Odigos
On October 3, 2019, the second day of nationwide 3rd edition of “ParyatanParv 2019”, the tourism ministry secretary Shri YogendraTripathi launched an audio guide facility app “Audio Odigos” for 12 sites of India inclusive of iconic sites in New Delhi for benefiting tourists. A Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) for Delhi’s GolGumbad(15th century domed tomb from the Lodi dynasty period) with Government of Delhi and Resbird Technologies were signed in developing the tourism amenities in presence of Director General(DG) of Archaeological Survey of India(ASI) Smt. Usha Sharma.
- Name the portal launched by Union Ministers RK Singh and Shri Pralhad Joshi in New Delhi in bringing transparency as well as better coordination in coal supplies to power plants?
1) NYAYA BANDHU
5) None of theseAnswer-3) PRAKASH
On October 3, 2019 Shri RK Singh, the Minister of State(MoS) for Power and New & Renewable Energy (IC) and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Shri Pralhad Joshi, the Union Minister for Coal, Mines and Parliamentary Affairs, jointly launched portal named “PRAKASH” in New Delhi. This portal was launched in bringing transparency as well as better coordination in coal supplies to power plants. The link for the portal is https://mapp.ntpc.co.in/prakash .
- PRAKASH portal was in news recently, what does ‘S’ stands for _________ ?
1) S – Supply
2) S – Stake
3) S – Securities
4) S – Subsidy
5) None of theseAnswer-1) S – Supply
S stands for Supply.The full form of PRAKASH is Power Rail Koyla Availability through Supply Harmony.
- Which country’s small spike Anti-Tank Guided Missiles(ATGM) was inducted into the Indian army recently?
1) United States
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Israel
On October 4, 2019, the Indian Army inducted a limited number of small Spike anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM) of Israel in order to meet the operational requirements till the Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) develops indigenous man portable ATGM (MP-ATGM). As part of the Army’s vice chief’s emergency procurement powers, the first lot of 210 spike missiles, along with one dozen launchers arrived in India.
- Who topped in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s ODI (One Day International ) batting ranking as on October 3, 2019 ?
1) Shakib Al Hasan
2) Babar Azam
3) Virat Kohli
4) Rohit Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Virat Kohli
Explanation:Virat Kohli topped in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s ODI (One Day International ) batting ranking.Top 3 players of batsmen rankings:
Rank Player Name Country Rating points Average 1 Virat Kohli India 895 60.31 2 Rohit Sharma India 863 48.52 3 Babar Azam Pakistan 834 54.17
- Which team topped in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s ODI (One Day International ) team ranking as on October 3, 2019 ?
2) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer-4) England
Explanation:England topped in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s ODI (One Day International ) team ranking.
Rank Team Points 1 England 125 2 India 122 3 New Zealand 112
- Who won the silver medal in 53rd Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Championship 2019 in Indonesia ?
1) Abdul Quadir Khan
2) Ajae Kumar Sharma
3) Deependra Singh Hooda
4) Rajendra Ramrao Nimbhorkar
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Abdul Quadir Khan
On October 2, 2019, Maj Abdul Quadir Khan of the Indian Army Corps of Signals, won a silver medal in the 53rd Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Championship 2019 that held in Batam, Indonesia in his maiden event.
- Where was the India’s first floating basketball court opened ?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Kochi, Kerala
4) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer- 2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
For the first time, a floating basketball court was brought to India in the Arabian Sea near the Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has been brought for the National Basketball Association (NBA) game 2019, which features the Sacramento Kings and Indiana Pacers, who play two pre-season games on October 4 & 5 , 2019 at the Dome, NSCI (National Sports Club of India), Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (SVP)Indoor Stadium in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Claudio Marchisio is associated with which sport, who announced retirement recently?
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Football
Italian former professional footballer & Juventus midfielder, Claudio Marchisio (33) has announced his retirement from football following persistent knee injuries.Claudio Marchisio announces retirement.Nicknamed ‘Il Principino – the little prince”, Marchisio has joined Juventus at the age of just seven & played almost 400 matches.
- Krishna Gopalkrishna Kadekodi passed away recently, he was a ___________ ?
1) Deltiologist and Coin collector
2) Archaeologist and Coin collector
3) Heraldist and Coin collector
4) Philatelist and Coin collector
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Philatelist and Coin collector
Well-known philatelist and coin collector Krishna Gopalkrishna Kadekodi passed away at his residence in Sadashiv Nagar in Belagavi, Karnataka. He was 102. Kadekodi, who established the Society of Philatelists in Belagavi in 1975, started his career as a revenue inspector.He has a collection of coins made of gold/silver from the period of Mughals and Peshwas & currency notes dating back from the year 1860 . The United States had released 41 cents stamp in his honor, on his 90th birthday.
- Farook Khan, an Indian-origin journalist in South Africa passed away, his ancestors belonged to which state of India ?
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Maharashtra
On October 3, 2019, Indian-origin journalist in South Africa and cultural activist who received fame for his investigative reporting during apartheid, Farook Khan, aged 77, passed away in Durban, South Africa after battling cancer. His ancestors were from Maharashtra. He had started the Miss India South Africa Pageant as part of the Miss India Worldwide Pageant.
- What is the theme of the World Space Week (WSW)(Oct 4-10) for the year 2019 ?
1) Theme – “The Moon: Gateway to the Stars”
2) Theme – “Exploring New Worlds in Space”
3) Theme – “Remote Sensing’: Enabling Our Future”
4) Theme – “Space Unites the World”
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Theme – “The Moon: Gateway to the Stars”
The World Space Week (WSW), proclaimed on 6 December 1999 by the United Nations (UN) General Assembly is observed annually from October 4-10 under the resolution (A/RES/54/68). The week commemorates the launch of the first artificial satellite, Sputnik I on October 4, 1957, and its entry into force, on 10 October 1967, based on the Treaty on Principles governing the activities of use of outer space including the moon and other celestial bodies in states’ exploration. The theme for the year 2019 is “The Moon: Gateway to the Stars”, celebrating the 50th anniversary of humankind’s first step on the Moon on 20 July 1969.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Papikonda National Park is located in which state ? Answer-Andhra Pradesh
- Who is the UN general assembly President ? Answer-Tijjani Muhammad-Bande
- What is the tagline of UCO bank ? Answer-Honors Your Trust
- What is the Capital and Currency of Mauritius ? Answer-Capital- Port Louis & Currency- Mauritian rupee
- Who is the CEO of International Cricket Council (ICC) ? Answer-Manu Sawhney
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification