AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 4 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which country has signed MoU with India on Technical Cooperation in Rail Sector?
5. SwedenAnswer – 4. Switzerland
Union Cabinet has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Ministry of Railways, Government of India and the Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications of Swiss Confederation on Technical Cooperation in Rail Sector.
- Name the country has signed MoU with India on Upgradation of the Women’s Police Training Centre.
5. PhilippinesAnswer – 3. Myanmar
Union Cabinet has given ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Myanmar on upgradation of the Women’s Police Training Centre at Yamethin, Myanmar.
- The Central Government has approved for Turtle sanctuary development in ___________.
5. AhmedabadAnswer – 2. Allahabad
The Central Government has approved development of a Turtle sanctuary in Allahabad along with a River Biodiversity Park at Sangam (confluence of Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Sarasvati) under Namami Gange programme.
- How many landscapes –states are to be covered under SECURE Himalaya project for conservation of biodiversity, land and forest resources in the high Himalayan ecosystem?
5. SixAnswer – 3. Four
Union Environment Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan in association with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) launched SECURE Himalaya project for conservation of biodiversity, land and forest resources in the high Himalayan ecosystem..The project is meant for specific landscapes in High Himalaya ecosystem spread across four states viz. Jammu and Kasmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Sikkim.It focuses on securing livelihoods of the people in these landscapes.
- Under whose chairmanship government has formed the High Level Committee for proper management of water resources in North Eastern Region?
1. Jitendar Singh
2. Jual Oram
3. Dharmendra Pradhan
4. Rajiv Kumar
5. Prakash JavadekarAnswer – 4. Rajiv Kumar
On 4th October 2017, the Government constituted a high-level committee for proper management of the water resources in the North Eastern Region (NER). The Committee has been formed under the Chairmanship of Rajiv Kumar, Vice-Chairman of Niti Aayog.
- Which ministry has started a special training course for untrained teachers need to complete the Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) course, within 2019?
1. Minister of Statistics and Programme Implementation
2. Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
3. Minister of Human Resource Development
4. Minister of Home Affairs
5. Minister of Educational DevelopmentAnswer – 3. Minister of Human Resource Development
On 4th October 2017, the Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry started a special training course for untrained teachers, designed by National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), called Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed).
- Name the state government has launched ‘Mukhyamantri Samoohik Vivaah Yojana’.
1. Madhya Pradesh
5. Uttar PradeshAnswer – 5. Uttar Pradesh
On October 3, 2017, Uttar Pradesh State Government launched a mass marriage scheme called ‘Mukhyamantri Samoohik Vivaah Yojana’. Under the scheme, Uttar Pradesh social welfare department will conduct mass marriages.District magistrates of respective districts will authorise Urban local bodies like nagar panchayat, nagar palika and nagar nigam, kshetra panchayats, zila panchayats, government/semi-government organisations and NGOs to organise programmes in this regard.
- Massive search operation ‘CASO’ launched in Jammu & Kashmir. Expand CASO.
3. Command – and – Search –Operation
4. Cader- and – search-Operation
5. Cordon-and-set-OperationAnswer – 1. Cordon-and-Search-Operation
On 4th October 2017, Government forces launched a major Cordon-and-Search-Operation (CASO), in Hajin town of north Kashmir’s Bandipora district. Cordon-and-Search-Operation (CASO) was launched following specific inputs about the presence of militants in the Bandipora area.
- Which house of parliament approved a new Anti-Terror Law On 3rd October 2017.
3. United States
5. ArgentinaAnswer – 2. France
On 3rd October 2017, France’s lower house of parliament approved a new Anti-Terror Law, in Paris, France. The New Anti-Terror law was approved by 415 votes to 127, with 19 abstentions. By approving the new counter-terrorism law, several controversial measures under the state of emergency that has been in act for nearly two years have been made permanent.
- Where was the 8th conference of the Association of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians (ASSP) held from 4th to 6th October 2017?
3. Sri Lanka
5. BangladeshAnswer – 3. Sri Lanka
On 4th to 6th October 2017, the 8th conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians (ASSP) is held at Hotel Hilton, in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The 8th Conference, organized by the Parliament of Sri Lanka, has brought together Speakers and Parliamentarians from the member countries of the SAARC. The conference was inaugurated by Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena.
- How much billion 3rd Line Of Credit (LoC) agreement has signed by Bangladesh with India for its infrastructure and social sector development, in Dhaka?
1. $ 4.3 billion
2. $ 4.4 billion
3. $ 4.5 billion
4. $ 4.6 billion
5. $ 4.7 billionAnswer – 3. $ 4.5 billion
On 4th October 2017, Bangladesh signed a $ 4.5 billion Line Of Credit (LoC) agreement with India, for its infrastructure and social sector development, in Dhaka, Bangladesh. This is the 3rd LoC agreement of India with Bangladesh. This LoC involves $ 4.5 billion dollar. Economic Relations Division Secretary Kazi Shofiqul Azam signed the deal on behalf of Bangladesh and MD of the Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM) David Rasquinha signed for India.
- Where will India attend the World Government Summit 2017as the guest country for annual gathering from 11th to 13th February, 2018?
1. Abu Dhabi
5. DubaiAnswer – 5. Dubai
On 1st October 2017, The World Government Summit announced India as the guest country for its annual gathering on 11thto 13th February, 2018, in Dubai. Honorary guests from India will attend the World Government Summit 2017 to showcase India’s economic growth, valuable knowledge, skills, capabilities and unique culture.
- Name the Life Insurance Company has launched Neo, a servicing bot for Twitter, to improve customer service.
1. ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
2. HDFC Standard Life Insurance
3. Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
4. SBI Life Insurance Company
5. Birla Sun Life Insurance Company LimitedAnswer – 2. HDFC Standard Life Insurance
HDFC Life Insurance Company launched Neo, a servicing bot for Twitter, to improve customer service. HDFC Life Insurance Company has launched Neo in partnership with Smart Connect Technologies. Neo uses Artificial Intelligence. Neo would answer policy related queries on Twitter. It will be available 24/7.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced Fourth Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement for financial year 2017-18.What is the percentage of Policy Repo Rate?
5. 6.50%Answer – 3. 6.00%
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced Fourth Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement for financial year 2017-18. This time the Policy Repo Rate has been kept unchanged and remains the same 6.00%.
- Where did Reserve Bank of India (RBI) open its new branch in Uttarkhand on October 3, 2017?
5. DehradunAnswer – 5. Dehradun
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) opened a branch in Dehradun on October 3, 2017. The branch was inaugurated by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat.Earlier, all the banking related works of the Uttarakhand State Government were carried out through the Reserve Bank of India branch at Kanpur.
- Which one of the following broadcast news organization has announced to launch of news services in four more Indian languages of Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi and Telugu?
1. Geo News
2. Fox News
3. Euro News
5. Sky NewsAnswer – 4. BBC
British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) announced the launch of news services in four more Indian languages — Gujarati Marathi, Punjabi and Telugu. With this announcement, BBC’s Delhi bureau will become its largest bureau outside the United Kingdom. It is to be noted that BBC News already broadcasts to 28 million people in English, Bengali, Hindi, Tamil and Urdu.
- Name the Indian digital Payment organization announced its partnership with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation ‘ IRCTC Rail connect app’ for booking tickets using its payment gateway.
3. State Bank Buddy
5. Citrus PayAnswer – 1. MobiKwik
Digital payments firm MobiKwik announced its partnership with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation – IRCTC Rail connect app, which will allow customers book railway tickets using Mobikwik’s payment gateway.
- Which campus has bagged the 1st place in ‘Most Clean Campus in South Western Region’ award and 3rd place in ‘Most Clean Campus 2017’ award?
1. BITS-Pilani’s Hyderabad
2. Vellore Institute of Technology,Vellore
3. Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
4. National Institute of Technology,Surathkal
5. Indian Institute of Technology,ChennaiAnswer – 3.Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
On 3rd October 2017, Manipal University’s Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT) bagged the 1st place in ‘Most Clean Campus in South Western Region’ award and 3rd place in ‘Most Clean Campus 2017’ award, in Pune, Maharashtra. The awards were given by Anil D Sahasrabudhe, Chairman of AICTE, at a function on Gandhi Jayanti, in the College of Engineering, Pune. B H V. Pai, Joint Director and H S Bhat, Executive Manager received the awards on behalf of MIT.
- In Which field Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson have won the 2017 Nobel?
5. PeaceAnswer – 3. Chemistry
Scientists Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson have been awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize for Chemistry for developing cryo-electron microscopy which simplifies and improves the imaging of biomolecules. 9 million Swedish Krona ($1.1 million) prize money will be shared equally between the three scientists.
- Find the name of Director General of the Indian Council of Medical Research has been appointed as the Deputy Director General for Programmes (DDP) of World Health Organisation (WHO).
1. Dr. Vijaya Janakiraman
2. Dr. Nivetha Nagarajan
3. Dr. Sowmya Swaminathan
4. Dr. Janani Vishwanathan
5. Dr. Kanchana KamalanathanAnswer – 3.Dr. Sowmya Swaminathan
Director General of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Dr Soumya Swaminathan has been appointed the Deputy Director General for Programmes (DDP) of World Health Organisation (WHO). This position is the highest post held by an Indian in the WHO. Dr Swaminathan is a pediatrician and has more than 30 years of experience in clinical care.She is a globally recognized researcher on tuberculosis and HIV.
- Who has been appointed as new chairman of SBI for a period of 3 years from 7th October 2017?
4.Hari Hara Sudhan
5.Rajeev MenonAnswer – 2.Rajnish Kumar
On 4th September 2017, the government appointed Rajnish Kumar as the new Chairman of SBI (State Bank of India). The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Rajinish Kumar as SBI Chairman, for a period of 3 years from 7th October 2017.
- To which of the following Telecommunication and Media Company the Bharti Airtel Ghana received Ghana’s National Communications Authority’s approval for the merger in Ghana?
5. TigoAnswer – 5. Tigo
On 3rd October 2017, Bharti Airtel received Ghana’s National Communications Authority’s approval for the merger between Bharti Ghana (Airtel) and Millicom Ghana (Tigo), in Ghana.
- Which of the following public corporation has launched a new multilingual website and a Project Monitoring Information System (PMIS) Mobile App to track their projects?
1. National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)
2. National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC)
3. National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited(NBCC)
4. National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
5. Airport Authority of India(AAI)Answer – 4. National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
On 3rd October 2017, Deepak Kumar, Chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), launched a new multilingual website and a Project Monitoring Information System (PMIS) Mobile App.
- WWF-India, in partnership with ________ launched One Planet Academy, the first environment education portal for students and teachers in India.
5. OracleAnswer – 1. Capgemini
WWF-India, in partnership with Capgemini, launched One Planet Academy, the first environment education portal for students and teachers in India.
- How many countries were suspended from weightlifting for one year by the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF), in Budapest, Hungary on October 2017?
5.EightAnswer – 2.Nine
On 1st October 2017, nine countries were suspended from weightlifting for 1 year by the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF), in Budapest, Hungary. The 9 suspended countries are Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, China, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Turkey and Ukraine. The suspended countries have been given a 1 year ban.
- October 4th to 10th was declared as World Space Week in 1999 and its celebrated every year. What is the World Space Week theme for 2017?
1. ‘Exploring New Worlds In Space’
2. ‘Discovering New Worlds In Space’
3. ‘Exposing New Worlds In Space’
4. ‘Identifying New Worlds In Space’
5. ‘Examining New Worlds In Space’Answer – 1. ‘Exploring New Worlds In Space’
On 4th to 10th October 2017, World Space Week is observed all over the world. 4th to 10th October was declared as World Space Week in 1999. It was to mark two big events.First, on October 4th1957 Sputnik 1 was launched. It was the first human-made, Earth-orbiting satellite. Second, the signing of The Outer Space Treaty on October 10th 1967.